• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Greatest Horror/Comedy Movie

The greatest horror/comedy movie is....

• Total voters
I was never much of a fan of the Rocky Horror Picture Show -- nor was I of Beetlejuice. An American Werewolf in London was amusing, but not of the same calibre of the three that I contested my vote between:

Shaun of the Dead
Ghostbusters
Young Frankenstein

Ultimately, I ended up voting for Shaun of the Dead, just because that scene in Shaun's backyard where he mistakes the zombie for a really drunk girl, and then upon killing it, Ed takes a picture... That's just a riot, too funny.

Way too hard to pick:)

I'll vote for Young Frankenstein. The cast was great, especially Cloris Leachman and Marty Feldman.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: “You know, I'm a rather brilliant surgeon. Perhaps I can help you with that hump.
Igor: “What hump?

That's awesome Young Frankenstein is winning. I voted for it before I saw the results and I was sure I was going to have to defend my choice against a bunch of people who are too young to have seen it or something... That movie is brilliant. I should watch it again. It's been a while. Ghostbusters was really funny at the time, but didn't hold up as well over time as Young Frankenstein. Still good though. Rocky Horror is a classic for it's cult appeal, but not really as funny as Young Frankenstein IMO.

The Final Destination. It wasn't meant to be a comedy mixed with horror but that was the funniest movie I have ever watched.

[****** SPOILER (sort of) ****** ]

Did you see the scene were one of the characters get's his organs sucked out his rectum by the swimming pool pump?

The 2000 election ... comedy and horror at its finest!

I agree. As stodgy as he seems, Al Gore did give me a good laugh.:lamo

In every election since, whenever there is a candidate running unopposed, I will cast a write in vote for "Hanging Chad"

In every election since, whenever there is a candidate running unopposed, I will cast a write in vote for "Hanging Chad"

:lamo

Just an aside before there is another "Bush stole the election thanks to his cronies on the Supreme Court" crying in one's beer session, let's keep in mind that the recount was ruled unconstitutional because it was being conducted without consistent guidelines throughout the state. The ruling by the SC was not unconstitutional.

Don't get me wrong, I love the classics, but dude, Zombieland is the funniest take on the horror genre I think I've ever seen. The whole Bill Murray scene was hilarious!
10035_141821257403_92989572403_2634844_1656043_n.jpg

Young Frankenstein is hilarious, but I wouldn't call it horror/comedy. There is no real horror in it. It's a parody of horror filsms, most notably the Frankenstein franchise during classic Universal days.

My vote for a true horror/comedy movie would be Freddy v Jason (which I just watched!). Both villians are played as straight horror slashers, but movie has enough camp and over the top violence to qualify for comedy. It's not a great film in the sense that Casablanca or the Godfather is, but it great in that it's exactly what I expected and wanted in this dream match up of horror icons.

As far as Horror/Comedy goes, I voted for Young Frankenstein. I mean that movie had so many good lines: "Roll, roll, roll in the hay."

Now as far as best "Original Horror," my vote would definitely go for the 1932 version of DRACULA with Bela Lugosi. Of course, since then there's been a ton of Dracula remakes and there have been some that have been good. But I like some of the older B&W versions...scary!!!

Hell yeah! My wife and I watch Dracula every Halloweend night. And this year I managed to catch both the classic Frankenstein and Wolfman films on DVR, so we'll have a classic Universal horror movie-fest tomorrow.

MELLIE! Quit copy-ifying my dsamn dsamn polls!!!!! You did it with my Star Trek v. Star Wars too!!!! ARRRRGHHHHH!!!! :soap

Not entirely on-topic, but...

I got talked into going to see SAW 3D last night.

I hated it. The parts that were not appalling were incredibly boring. The acting was mediocre at best. The dialog sucked. The plot was all but inscrutable unless you were someone who'd seen Saw 1-6 half a dozen times each (I haven't. I've seen 1 and 5 and didn't care for them.)

The justification presented for Jigsaw's activities absolutely disgusts me. He takes people, some of whom are colossal jerks who have ruined others' lives, some of whom are just fracked up in their own life, some of whom are innocent bystanders whose only crime is being the wife/child/etc of a primary victim, and subjects them to horrendous tortures and hideous deaths.

I hate it. That people consider SAW to be entertainment bothers me greatly.

We now return to your regular topic...

All the Saw movies. That **** is hillariously illogical.

Back
Top Bottom