• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Great Lakes are drying up ..... ooooops

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
No they are not.

But not long ago, the doomers told us they were drying up ... and FAST

So what happened?

Watch to find out.

Not watching the video but shouldn't they be overflowing with the water from all them melting snowmen in Canada?

I’ve never actually seen someone claim the Great Lakes are drying up so ok boomer

Considering that the Great Lakes were formed at the very beginning of the Holocene Interglacial Period, I expect them to be temporary - geologically speaking. They will most likely only survive as long as this interglacial period lasts. Once the next ~100,000 year glaciation begins it is not likely that the Great Lakes will continue to exist.

It is also not likely that a warming temperature would cause lake levels to lower. Basic physics says water expands when the temperature increases. So if lake temperatures are increasing then lake water levels should also be increasing, not lowering.

Back
Top Bottom