• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Great Avatar for Donation Drive

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
One week from the end of the month, and we are at 28 % of the donations needed to fund the board for the month. We still need ~180 dollars for this month, and I believe we missed the goal last month too. While I don't think the board is in any danger of going down if we miss to goal, the money for costs does have to come from somewhere, and believe mostly the money not collected from donations comes out of Vauge's pockets.

Running this board is not cheap. The software is not cheap, and hosting it is very much not cheap. Using the time it took us to go from 1.5 million posts to 2 million posts, I estimate we get on average about 2k posts per day here. Right now there are 200 users(even) viewing the board. That is a whole lot of bandwidth.

No one should feel obligated to donate. However, for those who can, it is a very nice thing to do. In an effort to encourage people to donate, and to give those who cannot a chance to help participate in the process, I think it is time to do another avatar for donation drive. How it works is this way:

If you cannot afford to donate cash, you offer up control of your avatar space for a month.

If you can donate, you donate 10 dollars or more, pick from the list of people offering avatar space, and choose an avatar for them to display for a month. The Admins on the board can confirm donations if that is needed by anyone.

I will maintain a list here in the first post of those whose avatar space is available, so please post here or PM me if your avatar is available for this. Also, post here or contact the person whose avatar space you choose to buy. We have had alot of fun with this in the past, and I think it is a great way to raise money for the board.

Remember, all avatars must still conform with board rules.

Your Star(25 for sig and avatar)
DrunkenAsparagus
Jetboogieman
MaggieD
MakeoutHobo
Southern Belle
Digsbe(sig available too)
RightInNYC(will donate 20 for a 10 $ donation)
TheGirlNextDoor
youknowwho
Redress
Independent_Thinker2002(Who needs a shorter name)
Megaprogman
RosieS
BDBoop(sig included for plat donation)
soccerboy22(sig included for plat donation)
American
CriticalThought
Deuce(he has no avatar, be the first to give him one)
Aunt Spiker
Demon of Light

Spud_Meister(11-05)

Donated for avatars, thank you

Liblady
megaprogman
Independent_Thinker2002(50$)
MaggieD(50$)
Redress
Mellie
TheGirlNextDoor(platinum)

Last edited:

Thank you Your Star for having an easy to spell name. The others took more than one try to get right...

Sign me up.

Avatar for rent and signature for rent.

When I do get my own money to donate, 100$ will go in. But it'll take awhile.

Thank you Your Star for having an easy to spell name. The others took more than one try to get right...

There's this thing called copy and paste.... :lol:

My avatar's for rent... though it seems we have more than enough donations...

Avatar available here as well -- though please don't anyone replace it with "Public Pensions Should Be Increased" or "School Teachers Don't Make Enough Money." Thank you very much for your cooperation. :rofl

lol we'll end up with everyone avatars for rent, and no one to rent em :2razz:

Thank you guys. The important part is not how many donate avatar space, but how many actually rent it. Having plenty of people to pick from is a good thing. We have our first donation to the board through this, thank you Liblady and Barbbtx.

There's this thing called copy and paste.... :lol:

Have mercy on the old people :lol:

Just donated, I want to claim Redress's

images

Last edited:
i've got yours. when does this start?

ooohh... Our good deed for the day!
I'm not sure how this works, but I take it you can make me suffer with a bad Avatar for a month? If so, bring it on!
Thanks for your generousity. :)

ooohh... Our good deed for the day!
I'm not sure how this works, but I take it you can make me suffer with a bad Avatar for a month? If so, bring it on!
Thanks for your generousity. :)

i pm'd you. i will find a "suitable" avatar.....;-)

Back
Top Bottom