• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Grading Scale

galenrox-
Oh ho ho, so you won because of the simple reason that you won. Fantastic logic!!! FLAWLESS!!!

lol, dude, can I say please, never change!!!

Let's go over the points you've made in this post, just sum them all up for everyone:

Lol, man, damn right!

Bodi -
galenrox...who are you? Haha...c'mon now, get real bud. Do you think that you understand the context of anything being said here?

One thing at least is certainly obvious.

Go away until you can come in and conduct yourself appropriately please...thanks....bye.

galenrox-
I'll have to pause for a second cause I just pissed myself laughing at this. I can't get the context from a conversation from reading the conversation, and everything that's been said? Oh well, I guess I can't figure out what's going on on TV shows by watching them either! Or I can't figure out what goes on in a book by reading it? Hmmm?

Bodi -
Your analogies are not relevant to his conversation.

You read our entire conversation? From the beginning however long ago it was and this is what you choose to address? That is interesting yet patheticall strange.

Did you only read a post or two? Then no...you cannot understand the context of the conversation at that point, since it had altered from its original context. The meaning has changed as did the importance...can you understand this?

It is interesting that Kelzie has moved on from this issue, as did I initially. Even goligoth seemed content. Kelzie seems content with how things are and we understand one another...yet you are harping on the tail end of a conversation that was and is irrelevant and you are wetting yourself? That is sad and gross.

galenrox-
You see those little letters under my name, they spell out "Mod Staff Member". I was asked by Kelzie to check out if she had crossed any lines, or if you're just unreasonable, and to be able to have a justifiable opinion, I read the whole thing.

And I apologize if you don't understand figurative language, I'll try to avoid things as complex as "figures of speech" with you next time.

I found what you said to be funny. There, do you understand that?

“so you won because of the simple reason that you won. Fantastic logic” – Apparent excitement that indicates you did not understand the sarcasm, so I assume that you do not understand the context of the statement, for the debate digressed to a point where we were rehashing the same garbage over and over.

“You see those little letters under my name, they spell out "Mod Staff Member".” - Condescending and irrelevant

“I apologize if you don't understand figurative language” - Condescending

“I just pissed myself laughing at this” – Peculiar

“I'll try to avoid things as complex as "figures of speech" with you next time” - Demeaning

“or if you're just unreasonable” - Possible

“Kelzie to check out if she had crossed any lines “ - Neither of us crossed any lines...but that is not the case here.

I understand that you thought it was funny...that is great...but you found it funny because you thought I was an idiot, not because I was being sarcastic. You were laughing at me, and not with me...do you understand that this is obvious and that you are not fooling anybody but yourself?

You did not identify that you were here on "Official" capacity. You jumped in and started laughing at me with the intention of what? You chose to laugh at the tail end of the conversation, by then the conversation had altered from its original context...so what you were laughing at was the ridiculous tail end of a ridiculous 'debate'. THIS is what you chose to jump on as a Mod here on official business? Interesting. Still irrelevant, yet your justification for such an action remains a curiousity.

Even in your reasoning now, you are talking in a degrading manner. Why? I understand figurative speech, thank you. I am not sure what your intentions were or why you did what you did...but you are acting very much like a person that does not deserve "Mod" powers. You are wetting yourself and insulting...and yes, you comments regarding what you think are my inability to understand complex "figures of speech" is insulting, for your intent was to belittle.

A person worthy of authority and power will understand the miscommunication and own up to their insulting and un-Modlike behavior and apologize for the misunderstanding. Then you might just move on and let this go…

galenrox -
"You see those little letters under my name, they spell out "Mod Staff Member".

No. What I do see is..."Mod Team Member" though.
Did you purposely misquote your own title?

You disregarded this, I see...

galenrox -

Of course, this is a prime example of your sense of logic...What I do see is..."Mod Team Member". Why would you purposely disregard this point? It is fairly concrete then you lose by your own words...you don't even know your own title. Address this before anything else in order to rectify all of your other ludicrous behavior. Any person worth any respect and containing a semblance of intelligence will recognize that this is a minor issue and take responsibility for the mistake and move on… You don't have to do anything, of course. And here, again, you have not done anything wrong and I would never 'report' or 'rat' somebody on an issue so stupid as language. F everything for all I care...those words have little meaning. Attitude can be conveyed without words...to this I expect people to take ownership. You jump on me here for no reason...cool. Whatever. That is not the point of what I said...what I said was that a person worthy of respect and worthy of being in a position of a Mod where people would hopefully respect you, you should show respect. Lead by example and all of that...is this foreign to you. That is my point, not your whiny [fine, report it] attitude.

I understand why you insult and why you are having trouble making sense. Utilizing BodiSatva’s Principle of Therapeutic Behavioral Modification™ it is apparent. It is an invaluable tool in information extraction and alludes to certain paradigms representing the innate intellectual discipline of the designee, among other factors.

Oh my...take any of this any way you like. Your opinion and your understanding regarding what has transpired is irrelevant and quite obviously a joke thus far.

I say peculiar and you think that is an indication that I don’t understand figurative language? Is that another joke? You are so clever! Actually, that is so boring that I can’t believe that you really said it. ‘Peculiar’ is a joke buddy boy. You say that you **** yourself and I say peculiar? Perhaps you are laughing at yourself with that “nuff said” mumbo jumbo for ‘peculiar’ was obviously an example of dry wit. Saying peculiar is peculiar with regard to the peculiar notion of one wetting themselves. I guess that is the issue with dry wit when it is typed…it is hard to discern.

I don't think that you crossed a line. That is not what that meant, but you were condescending...that is just a fact. You think it is funny and that you are getting me when it is in fact funny that you are attempting to get me and you are not. I meant that crossing the line was not the issue here…regarding what we are talking about, not regarding you. Do you understand this at all? No biggy bro...I can hang…help you out a bit, it’s cool. Haha...

Laughing at me or with me, no sweat...it is just amusing watching you try to justify your initial response in the first place...which you still have not. The only point that this little debate is making is that you are having trouble making a point. What is your point? Do you even have one? If it is about outwitting me, good luck…You are having trouble with the language thus far and stand no match against the Master Manipulator BodiSatva. ;)

I, who has been here for two months am running you in a pathetic little circle Mod-boy. haha!

I guess the final thing is that why you are choosing to continue the stupidity of attempting to ridicule me is between you and your buddies I guess, but I also understand that you are probably a smart guy, despite your challenge in conveying that here. I understand that this inane behavior does not define you. When you want to communicate effectively and in a considerate manner, let me know. Until then…take it easy. :2wave:

Last edited:
That is obviously untrue...idiots all over the world think that they are always right…and as for the comment I made, it is simply that you are not understanding certain aspects of language. It appears that you think that you own humor or poking fun at another, I guess? That is sad. This is the best that you have? You actually think that you are on another level or something...get real bud. Haha...I eat silly people like you for after dinner snacks.

Hard to take serious? HAhahaahahaaahahahaaaa....oh wait...

I am empathetic...you are so turned around that you can't even grasp simple concepts like the fact that we both have interesting things to say...I guess the difference is that you take all of this garbage seriously and you think that you are actually a force to be reckoned with?

Or is it as simple as you can’t own up to a mistake? Regardless…it is fast becoming apparent that you have little to offer except deluded humor, attacks and dodges and that are all extremely weak.

I am respecting ngdawg and Kelzie more by the minute. Go back…read again…answer appropriately…whether you admit it or not, I know, oh…and it’s common knowledge that people understand the events that actually transpire and not the ridiculous ones that you spout without being told.

Mod my left foot! haha

Upon reflection, I am throwing in the towel for you.

You initially attacked me and have yet to make any valid points regarding that initial challenge. You have attempted to draw me into a flame war, one that I found fun up until now, but it is time for this childish play to end. I have won nothing for you challenged with no point…it is yours to lose.

It is time for the debate to begin. Prove your initial point or you do in fact lose. Anything other than an honest attempt and you do in fact forfeit and you will lose. Sorry buddy, I don’t lose sight of the initial issue…time to step up to the big boy batters box and show us what you have….

Of course, there are only two wise courses of action…can you figure out what they are?

Galenrox –
And if you want to maintain that claiming victory is valid, fine.

I am not claiming victory buddy boy. Can you read? Is this the issue with our continued miscommunication? How many times must I say that claiming victory is a joke, a way to goad a person a bit? It does not always work, but it also does not mean that they did win or that I did not in fact win.

Respected members? Are you one of these? Why do you deserve respect when you give none? You are better? Haha…dude, you make me laugh. Are these respected members like you? Are they then also disrespectful and not worthy of respect. I have communicated with Kelzie and she has my respect even after our pointless debate in which we both did well. I have talked with mixedmedia a bit, and she has my respect because she acknowledges others. You do not yet have my respect because you are thus far nothing but an elitist with no point. Some of the others though, they think you have proven your point clearly? What is this…high school? Cliques? And clearly? Like I pointed out, the only thing that was clear was that you were being rude. Remember, that I have not said that my posts were not ridiculous or anything else other than you are taking them out of context. To t hat point I am still correct.

Read this again if you want to clear up the ‘Bodi claiming victory still’ issue…

Bodi -
You initially attacked me and have yet to make any valid points regarding that initial challenge. You have attempted to draw me into a flame war, one that I found fun up until now, but it is time for this childish play to end. I have won nothing for you challenged with no point…it is yours to lose.

It is time for the debate to begin. Prove your initial point or you do in fact lose. Anything other than an honest attempt and you do in fact forfeit and you will lose. Sorry buddy, I don’t lose sight of the initial issue…time to step up to the big boy batters box and show us what you have….

Your original point was that I was being ridiculous? Fine. In a manner of speaking, they were…but you did not say that you were debating a point of ridiculousness, you simply came in and started degrading…therefore you had no point and that is my point. To claim now that you had a point is ridiculous.

If you want though, it can go further. You had a point and that was that I was being ridiculous…that too is fine, but you can look upon the “ridiculous posts” that I did in two ways, you chose one and that was to be demeaning for you chose to look upon me as an idiot. That is fine too, your opinion matters not. But that was a false assumption. If you think I am an idiot or delusional or anything else, that leaves a lot to be said for you, my friend.

Unless you were looking upon my posts as being sarcastic and tiring of the pointless debate with Kelzie, you have proven nothing, for your point was not valid. If you realize that my posts were ridiculous for the reason that the debate between Kelzie and I were pointless at that point and that the ridiculous nature of them is out of context, then fine, you are correct, but not because you proved anything, only because they are in fact that and that is what they were meant to be. You can have a point for being observant…but that still does not get you very far.

I don’t have to prove you wrong about anything other than the fact that you were wrong about your point (or lack of) regarding this discussion.

galenrox –
It's common knowledge that if you really win a debate, people will know it without being told.

Bodi –
That is obviously untrue...idiots all over the world think that they are always right…

I am not sure why you make opinionated statements and then do nothing to back it up? This is a classic toss and evade technique. Toss out some garbage that sounds good but is meaningless and hope that nobody calls you on it and if they do just ignore it, it will go away. Sorry if I actually remember and do not let go of the point…to any intelligent person, this is an obvious tactic of one that is out of their element and grasping for some semblance of control…not realizing that this only displays that they are further from control than previously thought.

Misplaced self confidence? Is that another joke? Another insult? Dude, you can’t stop. I have actually mentioned here that I think you are probably a smart guy...

Bodi -
I also understand that you are probably a smart guy… I understand that this inane behavior does not define you

see above if you have already forgotten...yet all you offer to me are insults…Is this a way to appear to maintain control...do you notice how I mix things up? People that are mature and understand certain things understand the difference in our underlying messages…(wow, that is a great trick...see how it totally undermines what you said? ;) )

Bodi -
Utilizing BodiSatva’s Principle of Therapeutic Behavioral Modification™ it is apparent. It is an invaluable tool in information extraction and alludes to certain paradigms representing the innate intellectual discipline of the designee, among other factors.

That isn’t funny? C’mon, do you even have a sense of humor? Is it to dry perhaps? Lighten up, I actually think that if we got over this garbage (if you can) and if you just changed how you look at some of this (meaning stop thinking that you own it) then we could see if we actually agree on something worth while. Is that too scary…being nice? It is easy to be mean and deluded in superiority, that is for sure…

You are still disregarding this for some reason…

galenrox -

I should have just listed this one again and said see ya, for you obviously did not understand that there were but two courses or that you chose unwisely...but I like to communicate and try to come to understandings...

Bodi -
Of course, there are only two wise courses of action…can you figure out what they are?

You are already thinking "just cause he says it doesn't make it so' or 'what a moron' huh? ;) "Nope, I was already thinking that" Hahaa and THAT is where you were going next! :lol:

Just take a moment and reflect upon the actual lessons in there that I have offered...we can both learn from one another...honestly.

And I will part with this again…

Bodi -
When you want to communicate effectively and in a considerate manner, let me know. Until then…take it easy. :2wave:

Last edited:
I think the grading scale works pretty well myself. I'm in school right now and the 5 assignment class is just one specific case where it doesn't work well. Normally if you know and understand the material you'll do well on the assignments earning a good grade.

I am enjoying myself now...thank you though.

Actually I think your summary of my post was off by a lot…It was an attempt at humor and that is noble…no sweat. I appreciate the attempt even if the result was really that you were being rude. That in itself can be super duper funny, if you eventually admit it…but you don’t. You stay the course, never actually try to communicate in an appropriate manner, and then start telling me how I could act so that people like you will like me. That actually is pretty funny. Perhaps that was your goal all along. Good job!

Originally Posted by galenrox
gain the ability to accept us all for our own preposterousness, and admit to your own.

If you can not tell that I have indirectly admitted my own preposterousness by the simple fact that I have stated repeatedly that I am purposely running this conversation in circles and claiming victory and then retracting victory; making outlandish (yet very accurate ) assessments with the various BodiSatva Principles™, then I wonder if you are actually being preposterous or simply deluded.

If you just chill and develop a sense of humor you might actually enjoy yourself here.

This might have challenged for the funniest thing that I had yet heard on this site…but then I ran across this one…

I've never done that much research, nor will I ever

I guess to sum it up…all I can say is…
Wow, thanks for the advice!

Another wondrous occasion that bares witness to galenrox disregarding all that was said and bounding forth right into his own righteous self-indulgence, apparently the ability to be clever still eludes… I am gonna let you go now…this latest response does if fact declare that you lost, and quite convincingly. You have still proven nothing, not even the ability to be funny or to balance the conversation on equal terms. Of course, there was nothing to prove but this. This concept is simply too illusive for you to conceive, it seems? It appears that many of my assessments were actually quite accurate in the first place.

By the way…the towel is still laying there. You can keep it as a memento of the time that your subconscious became aware of the possibilities that were illuminated by the Bodhisattva BodiSatva. I do not banish you to the pit of despair, that is a destination that is reserved for lesser individuals…but you have yet to ascend towards enlightenment either…you are simply in a state of perplexed quandary.

Take it easy. Maybe understanding will transcend your consciousness if you take a moment to frolic in the fields of gold…to romp in the splendor of the grass…(was this preposterous enough for you?) ;)

If you never did you should…
These things are fun, and fun is good.

BodiSatva said:
I am enjoying myself now...thank you though.

Actually I think your summary of my post was off by a lot…It was an attempt at humor and that is noble…no sweat. I appreciate the attempt even if the result was really that you were being rude. That in itself can be super duper funny, if you eventually admit it…but you don’t. You stay the course, never actually try to communicate in an appropriate manner, and then start telling me how I could act so that people like you will like me. That actually is pretty funny. Perhaps that was your goal all along. Good job!

If you can not tell that I have indirectly admitted my own preposterousness by the simple fact that I have stated repeatedly that I am purposely running this conversation in circles and claiming victory and then retracting victory; making outlandish (yet very accurate ) assessments with the various BodiSatva Principles™, then I wonder if you are actually being preposterous or simply deluded.

This might have challenged for the funniest thing that I had yet heard on this site…but then I ran across this one…

I guess to sum it up…all I can say is…
Wow, thanks for the advice!

Another wondrous occasion that bares witness to galenrox disregarding all that was said and bounding forth right into his own righteous self-indulgence, apparently the ability to be clever still eludes… I am gonna let you go now…this latest response does if fact declare that you lost, and quite convincingly. You have still proven nothing, not even the ability to be funny or to balance the conversation on equal terms. Of course, there was nothing to prove but this. This concept is simply too illusive for you to conceive, it seems? It appears that many of my assessments were actually quite accurate in the first place.

By the way…the towel is still laying there. You can keep it as a memento of the time that your subconscious became aware of the possibilities that were illuminated by the Bodhisattva BodiSatva. I do not banish you to the pit of despair, that is a destination that is reserved for lesser individuals…but you have yet to ascend towards enlightenment either…you are simply in a state of perplexed quandary.

Take it easy. Maybe understanding will transcend your consciousness if you take a moment to frolic in the fields of gold…to romp in the splendor of the grass…(was this preposterous enough for you?) ;)

If you never did you should…
These things are fun, and fun is good.

...What is your main point in this debate?

It seems to me that you're only here to quarrel, judging by your last several posts. You began with some good points, but someone challenged you, and you saw it as a personal assault.

I think the main reason you're being mocked is the fact that you're being paranoid and attacking anyone who disagrees with you. My question to you is: are you here to discuss open politics with others, or are you here to fight? If the latter, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Great analysis! :roll:

Who are you? Is this a joke? Are you mocking me? :lol: Plleeeease STOP! haha
You think that you understand me from these posts...and you conclusion is that I am paranoid? Why in the world would I be paranoid? Do you have the ability to understand humor at all? How about irony? Apparently you do not understand who I am or why I said what I did...Also, why do you look at the surface issue and swallow that as the how it must be? That is fairly telling...

Perhaps you mis-intrepret what transpired here and did not realize that I was in fact mocking him for his weak attempt to burn me...did you even read all of the posts...they are about vastly different things...

"My question to you is: are you here to discuss open politics with others, or are you here to fight?"

That is not your question. IF your question was to see if I was here to debate or fight, you would have simply asked a debate oriented question or challenged one of the ones that I made prior to all of the other garbage that has happened. Your post is a subtle attempt to put me in a defensive position and to have me justify myself, thus putting you in the drivers seat...please understand that I have an innate ability to discern a person true meaning...I am not being paranoid, it is simply that you (perhaps inadvertantly) assumed and stated that it is I that am being mocked and it is I that is paranoid...why? That is the interesting question...I am sure that I will get a justification and believe me, it is already irrelevant. I am sure that you are taking my reaction here as defensive or hostile, and that would be a waste...

So after all that crap is done with...sure, lets debate. Just don't jump on the supercool bandwagon...it has some real winners on it already...haha :rofl

Ding ding ding ding...heres an idea...next time you want to debate, just start debating...it sure is tough for me to debate the posted issue when I have all of these stupid personal debates to conquer...oh wait, those ARE debates too...

Next response should be debate oriented, for my new rule is to waste only one post on those that only wish to be petty... oh brother, I can see the wheeels spinning already...:2razz:

(To BodiSatva)

Hmm.

I think I understand what's going on now.

It seems that you're not so much paranoid, as amused. At first you came across as defiant and crude, but looking it over, you just seem to be enjoying yourself (which you've said many times).

I don't have a problem with that, since people are people. Though, as you said, some people have jumped onto a bandwagon of sorts. When I look past everyone else's hostility, I can see that you're just having fun. But do beware the authorities - some people aren't as light-hearted. I apologize for my shallow-mindedness.

More on topic, though, I ask this: What do you think of current public education and its effectiveness?

Woah Magnus!!

Was that for real?

That was perhaps, thie single greatest post I have ever read, besides some of mine ;) . Seriously though...

To make an assumption and then own up to a mistake! Seriously again! That is almost unheard of...I congratulate you for maturity and insight and whatever else is relevant.

If that was for real, and I must assume that it is (until I sense a trap ;) ) I am to in awe to answer your question for now...I will later though.

Take it easy...

BodiSatva said:
Woah Magnus!!

Was that for real?

That was perhaps, thie single greatest post I have ever read, besides some of mine ;) . Seriously though...

To make an assumption and then own up to a mistake! Seriously again! That is almost unheard of...I congratulate you for maturity and insight and whatever else is relevant.

If that was for real, and I must assume that it is (until I sense a trap ;) ) I am to in awe to answer your question for now...I will later though.

Take it easy...

One thing that really disturbs me is that so many people think that they're perfect. This is not true, as everyone makes mistakes. Of course, that's human nature.

But the question is not whether or not you make mistakes. It's when you make them, and how you deal with them. Why lie about it? "...to thine own self be true." Whom are you fooling, besides yourself?

It's pretty disheartening to see that those with priority, purpose, and honesty are the "weird" ones in our society.

I'm going to keep on fighting.

Magnvs I said:
One thing that really disturbs me is that so many people think that they're perfect. This is not true, as everyone makes mistakes. Of course, that's human nature.

But the question is not whether or not you make mistakes. It's when you make them, and how you deal with them. Why lie about it? "...to thine own self be true." Whom are you fooling, besides yourself?

It's pretty disheartening to see that those with priority, purpose, and honesty are the "weird" ones in our society.

I'm going to keep on fighting.

Psh. I'm perfect. Don't know what you're talking about. :mrgreen:

WE know you are Kelzie...:2razz:

Great points Magnus...and I agree.

What is wrong with you people???

(to bodistava)
you have repeatedly said that you want only direct debate and no dodgeing the arguements and yet when someone asks your opinion on the subject
What do you think of current public education and its effectiveness?
you say
Woah Magnus!!

Was that for real?

That was perhaps, thie single greatest post I have ever read, besides some of mine . Seriously though...

If that was for real, and I must assume that it is (until I sense a trap ) I am to in awe to answer your question for now...I will later though.

Take it easy...
????? This completely dodges the arguement....

(for the sake of progress)
I think that the public school system is mediocre, not good, not bad, just mediocre.....anyone have an opinion on this subject?

Sorry if that seemed like a dodge...
I was answering his remark that he better understood the nature of me and what I had posted.
I was not answering that question then.
I am not now, I wanted to give it some thought, but I have been busy and posted silly stuff elsewhere. If you read what he said and then my response, the context might be clear now.

If that was the misunderstanding, hopefully that clears it up.

BodiSatva said:
Sorry if that seemed like a dodge...
I was answering his remark that he better understood the nature of me and what I had posted.
I was not answering that question then.
I am not now, I wanted to give it some thought, but I have been busy and posted silly stuff elsewhere. If you read what he said and then my response, the context might be clear now.

If that was the misunderstanding, hopefully that clears it up.

:confused: ...never mind...

you have had several days to contemplate your answer about public schools....any thoughts?

No big deal...but I am not sure why you would be confused.

To the point. I think that the currect public educaiton system is in a great transition. The NCLB program is crap, but teachers today are more professional than they used to be. They are stronger in their fields and have more resources in terms of professional developement than they used to, and many of these programs are very effective.

The main issue with education though, is not the system or the teachers...it is the students. THose that desire to learn and put forth effort, are rewarded. They can move on and do well, having more ooportunities. It is about personal responsibilty and effort.

I do think that the system should be revamped in order to include more "real lif" classes...ones that enable kids to understand the need for education and everyday things like mortgage rates and check books...

We can discuss more later, I am going to the park with my girls...

BodiSatva said:
To the point. I think that the currect public educaiton system is in a great transition. The NCLB program is crap, but teachers today are more professional than they used to be. They are stronger in their fields and have more resources in terms of professional developement than they used to, and many of these programs are very effective.

The main issue with education though, is not the system or the teachers...it is the students. THose that desire to learn and put forth effort, are rewarded. They can move on and do well, having more ooportunities. It is about personal responsibilty and effort.
unfortunately people tend to do less if less is required...sure there are always those few who go way beyond the call of duty but they have nothing but an 'A' to show for it....so the system needs something...needs to be made tougher...

I do think that the system should be revamped in order to include more "real lif" classes...ones that enable kids to understand the need for education and everyday things like mortgage rates and check books...
yeah....I can see that.

Less is not required though...much of it is politics, the ADA, zoning, etc. That is not to say that there is not need for change, but it is change from the top that needs to be done. Those wasting millions and Spec Ed issues.

I am not sure if making it tougher is the answer, for it is already tough to get A's and B's. It is those that could care less and get a D or even F's that are the issue, and there are a lot of them. What needs to be done is to teach from an early age that education actually leads to something...I think that education is so ambigious, that students really have no clue what it is good for. LEarning about the War of 1812 does what in the real world? Not that the thinking skills are not important, but unless this is taught to them, that they are there to learn to think and problem solve and express their individual creativity, then most of the "lessons" are lost.

Last edited:
BodiSatva said:
Less is not required though...much of it is politics, the ADA, zoning, etc. That is not to say that there is not need for change, but it is change from the top that needs to be done. Those wasting millions and Spec Ed issues.

I have not done more than one week of homework in my combined school life...I have never been required to take anything home, I make straight 'A's and I always have...I refuse to believe that I am simply slipping through the cracks or something like that. But I have absolutly no explanation for this...

bodistava said:
I am not sure if making it tougher is the answer, for it is already tough to get A's and B's. It is those that could care less and get a D or even F's that are the issue, and there are a lot of them. What needs to be done is to teach from an early age that education actually leads to something...I think that education is so ambigious, that students really have no clue what it is good for. LEarning about the War of 1812 does what in the real world? Not that the thinking skills are not important, but unless this is taught to them, that they are there to learn to think and problem solve and express their individual creativity, then most of the "lessons" are lost.

I agree...the problem is that motivation is incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to teach in schools...a person can't be taught motivation, they just have to know that they must do something or they will be messed up for the rest of their lives. kids my age tend to simply forget about the future and focus on the here and now...they then find themselves , ten years later, in ten-thousand dollars of debt and sparce education to show for it...

I am not sure what classes you are in...college prep? Honors? A's in colloege prep without any homework or studying means that you are a genuis or your teachers are not doing their job. A's in honors with no homework means that your teachers suck poop holes...

Regardless, this was not about your greatness...it is about the issues that face the school system as a whole...the wasted money, the misguided agendas, the special interest groups, the union leadership...etc.

Motivation can not be taught, but people can be shown why they should start to get motivated and take responsibiltiy for their education...

BodiSatva said:
I am not sure what classes you are in...college prep? Honors? A's in colloege prep without any homework or studying means that you are a genuis or your teachers are not doing their job. A's in honors with no homework means that your teachers suck poop holes...

Regardless, this was not about your greatness...it is about the issues that face the school system as a whole...the wasted money, the misguided agendas, the special interest groups, the union leadership...etc.

greatness?? when I posted that I think my intention was to show that if someone applies themselves any joe-schmo, like myself, can get through the system with minimal effort....

Back
Top Bottom