• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Government Shutdown Smoking Out The Resistance

There will be no negotiations with hostage takers. At this point, even people who weren't opposed to the idea of more wall building are deciding that Trump's injury to ordinary working people and the economy due to his hostage move is enough to harden their resistance, not soften it.

If we give in to hostage taking, we can expect more and bigger hostages. No way.
There will be NO WALL for Trump...EVER.

Right...

dems on beach during shutdown.jpg

What timing! An plane packed with money lands and whaddaya know, the plane with hostages takes off right after!
What a gulla bull.

Quid pro quo. Happens all the time in the world. (See Trump and Russia.) Also, Iran comes to the table and we freed up their assets as promised. The problem, as often is the case, was the old Obamadunit Syndrome. Along with our allies and even adversaries, but who listens to boring Germany, France and the U.K.? If Trump had done it, the right would have boasted about his deal making.

Was the senior official's name John Baron or John Miller or David Dennison?

Hmm. So is this a thread where an anonymous source is fine? There seems to be a lot of wavering as to when they're acceptable and when they're not.

You must have missed it when Trump promised he would take the blame. The video might still be out there for your viewing pleasure. Oh, and didn’t the Democrat-controled House pass something recently?

Most Cult members have a memory as long as Trump's fingers...

Not just anonymous sources, but an anonymous opinion/editorial piece..........in a day or so you will be screaming about a cross-aisle anonymous source........
The Daily Caller is taking the rare step of publishing this anonymous op-ed at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose career would be jeopardized by its disclosure.

Oof, you dropped the hammer on that right out of the gate! Nice job. Saves me from having to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Daily ****ing Caller.

Quid pro quo. Happens all the time in the world. (See Trump and Russia.) Also, Iran comes to the table and we freed up their assets as promised. The problem, as often is the case, was the old Obamadunit Syndrome. Along with our allies and even adversaries, but who listens to boring Germany, France and the U.K.? If Trump had done it, the right would have boasted about his deal making.

Such double standards. If Trump gave Russia millions and released terrorists who now work for the Taliban, he's be strung up.

Oof, you dropped the hammer on that right out of the gate! Nice job. Saves me from having to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Daily ****ing Caller.

Dropping the hammer? Please, aim higher than to dismiss the opinion of the author simply because he chose to contact the DC to publish it.

Dropping the hammer? Please, aim higher than to dismiss the opinion of the author simply because he chose to contact the DC to publish it.

He crushed your obscenely long, two-post thread starter with a flick of wrist. How's that?

What are we debating, the 100 claims in that wall of text you wrote? You're just pushing Daily Caller propaganda on the forum. Don't be ashamed, lots of people do it. Well, actually, I'd be ashamed if I were you.
If you're gonna tell us all you read such partisan garbage, why not pick one or two points, and make a thread just about those? Just a thought.

Such double standards. If Trump gave Russia millions and released terrorists who now work for the Taliban, he's be strung up.

If I wasn’t a member, I might sign up with them after Gtmo.

Trump: Unless I get what I want NOW I'LL SHUT IT ALL DOWN!!!

Trump lemmings: Why aren't Democrats just giving Trump everything he wants whenever he demands it? They're hurting the country!!

You dont have to give in. You just cant whine about the government workers if you arent willing to compromise.

You dont have to give in. You just cant whine about the government workers if you arent willing to compromise.

AFAIK, the 'compromise' position from Trump is EVERYTHING I WANT!!! Did I miss something today?

The Daily Caller is taking the rare step of publishing this anonymous op-ed at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose career would be jeopardized by its disclosure.

Let me guess:

- You think anonymous sources are wrong (when liberals do it).
- You think anonymous op-eds are even worse (when liberals do it).
- Liberals criticized you for rejecting all anonymous sources out of hand, therefore, they cannot reject this anonymous source out of hand. So, even though you on your own definitions should have rejected this out of hand, anyone you call a liberal is not allowed to call you on it or reject it themselves?

And you think this is clever?

AFAIK, the 'compromise' position from Trump is EVERYTHING I WANT!!! Did I miss something today?

No, I think that about sums it up, but ultimately the only way to end this is with a compromise

No, I think that about sums it up, but ultimately the only way to end this is with a compromise

I'm fine with that, but the Toddler in Chief doesn't appear to be, and he's the one whose ego needs to be stroked here.

I'm fine with that, but the Toddler in Chief doesn't appear to be, and he's the one whose ego needs to be stroked here.

I'm not sure Daniels is willing to sacrifice that much for the country.

Wow, someone's triggered! I think I'll give more weight to a Senior Official in the government than a Trump hater.

Here's a pro tip: Talk to someone serving in the Coast Guard. Don't limit your options. Or talk to one of the farmers who he promised to help after his tariffs against China hurt them. They're getting $0.
Or talk to any of the nearly twenty million people whose jobs depend upon contracts WITH the government who may be looking at lost productivity or worse, total loss.
You seem determined to make this about Trump haters, by all means go right ahead.

Just understand this: There is nothing noble about taking hostages and punishing our most vulnerable, and there were TWO YEARS where the Trump and the Republicans controlled EVERYTHING, and they could have gone to the mat with this.
It wasn't "an emergency" until January 3rd when the Democrats took the House.

You "think" you'll give more weight to a senior official in the government?
That's if you actually "thought" in the first place, because you're clearly not.

Must be great to be a leftist. Rules for thee, but not for me.
Is that why Obama released terrorists from Gitmo and flew a plane packed with money into Iran?

I don't think you're dealing with factual sources. Now I understand why you have such flawed logic.

1. "Did Obama release terrorists from GITMO?"

(374,000 results say "FALSE")

2. "Did Obama give money to Iran?"

Back in late 1979, after Iranian revolutionaries took 52 Americans hostage at the US Embassy in Tehran, the United States severed diplomatic relations with Iran and froze Iranian assets in America. Among those frozen assets was a $400 million delivery of fighter jets from the U.S. that Iran’s previous government had already paid for.

Although the American hostages were finally released a year later, issues such as the frozen Iranian assets (including that $400 million) were not settled at that time.

It was their money, and they never received the fighter jets that the Shah paid for.

But by all means, keep trying to make this about "leftists" so that you can look stupider and stupider, it's fun to watch.

You seem to not understand that the victims of your 'resistance' are the very working people you claim to wish to help. But thats liberalism in a nutshell isnt it.

And I'm sure that you will try that lame excuse the NEXT time Trump takes a hostage if we give in, and the next time, and the next time, and the next time, and the next time, and the next time, and the next time, and the next time.

yeah last thing us dems want is to give trump money to protect our borders and our citizens. If we do that it may actually work. We cant have that. No its much better to let our citizens be murdered and our women raped over supporting our nations laws and borders.

January 2017 - GOP majority
January 2017 Wall not an emergency
February 2017 Wall not an emergency
March 2017 Wall not an emergency
April 2017 Wall not an emergency
May 2017 Wall not an emergency
June 2017 Wall not an emergency
July 2017 Wall not an emergency
August 2017 Wall not an emergency
September 2017 Wall not an emergency
October 2017 Wall not an emergency
November 2017 Wall not an emergency
December 2017 Wall not an emergency
January 2018 Wall not an emergency
February 2018 Wall not an emergency
March 2018 Wall not an emergency
April 2018 Wall not an emergency
May 2018 Wall not an emergency
June 2018 Wall not an emergency
July 2018 Wall not an emergency
August 2018 Wall not an emergency
September 2018 Wall not an emergency
October 2018 Wall not an emergency
November 2018 Wall not an emergency
November 2018 Democratic majority elected in House
January 2019 EMERGENCY!!

January 2017 - GOP majority
January 2017 Wall not an emergency
February 2017 Wall not an emergency
March 2017 Wall not an emergency
April 2017 Wall not an emergency
May 2017 Wall not an emergency
June 2017 Wall not an emergency
July 2017 Wall not an emergency
August 2017 Wall not an emergency
September 2017 Wall not an emergency
October 2017 Wall not an emergency
November 2017 Wall not an emergency
December 2017 Wall not an emergency
January 2018 Wall not an emergency
February 2018 Wall not an emergency
March 2018 Wall not an emergency
April 2018 Wall not an emergency
May 2018 Wall not an emergency
June 2018 Wall not an emergency
July 2018 Wall not an emergency
August 2018 Wall not an emergency
September 2018 Wall not an emergency
October 2018 Wall not an emergency
November 2018 Wall not an emergency
November 2018 Democratic majority elected in House
January 2019 EMERGENCY!!

Rinos are more traitorous than dems, the wall has been Trumps priority since before he was elected. It is why he was elected. Only traitors wouldnt support protecting our nations borders. Filthy traitors.

Rinos are more traitorous than dems, the wall has been Trumps priority since before he was elected. It is why he was elected. Only traitors wouldnt support protecting our nations borders. Filthy traitors.

I just showed precisely WHY this particular project (not walls in general - just THIS project) has absolutely NOTHING to do with protecting our nation's borders. I seriously doubt that brick number one will ever be laid and that the five billion will go in Trump's pockets, or used in some other way that fuels further malfeasance between Trump and his corrupt cronies.
The wall only became "an EMERGENCY!!!" on January 3rd when Democrats took the House.

But more importantly, it is THIS specific "EMERGENCY!!!" which isn't, which is a "dick measuring contest" for Trump, and that is all it is. He has taken hostages. It is time to housebreak the dog, and if afterward, he can demonstrate the ability and willingness to forego hostage taking, then maybe we can revisit walls and immigration constructively.

When a kidnapper takes a hostage, they don't get to negotiate if they want radial tires and a turbo on their getaway car.

You seem to not understand that the victims of your 'resistance' are the very working people you claim to wish to help. But thats liberalism in a nutshell isnt it.

The Democrats are following our stated policy of not negotiating with terrorists who take hostages. Trump does not dictate spending. He must follow the Constitution which gives that power to the House,

Back
Top Bottom