• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The government finally connects the line from Trump’s campaign to Russian intelligence

Here's the Senate report. Page vi says:

"(U) Manafort hired and worked increasingly closely with a Russian national, Konstantin Kilimnik. Kilimnik is a Russian intelligence officer. Kilimnik became an integral part of Manafort's operations in Ukraine and Russia, serving as Manafort's primary liaison to Deripaska and eventually managing Manafort's office in Kyiv. Kilimnik and Manafort formed a close and lasting relationship that endured to the 2016 U.S. elections. and beyond."

Score: Aunt Antifa 1; Athanasius68 0.

And...?

Your claim that Papadolus wes gone from teh Trump campaign by the time the Trump Tower meeting was held is false, which is no surprise.

Papadopolous continued to work for the Trump campaign through September. The Trump Tower meeting was June 9th.

Not that it matters. Papadopolous was the one who brought the Trump team the news that the Russians had the DNC emails. He did that in March 2016. At the same time, he blabbed about it on a bar stool to an Australian intelligence officer who remembered the conversation when the Russians deployed the email campaign.

Actually, PapaD spoke about information. He never said anything about emails. We know this is so because:
1. Mifsud denied saying he told PapaD Russia had emails.
2. The FBI agent was was surveilling the campaign (ie the alleged FBI 'spy') said PapaD never mentioned to him Russia had emails, just 'information."

Moreover, he was referring to the missing Clinton e-mails, not the hacked DNC ones.

The whole Steele thing is irrelevant, but I understand it's all you've got.

The dossier was used as evidence to obtain a warrant on an American who was being investigated for his role in an alleged cyberespionage conspiracy.
It was also used in an American intelligence assessment as to Russia's motives in 2016 election.
That it was a largely supplied by a suspected Russian agent is relevant.

Do you honestly believe that you’re going to be able to hide behind that excuse???

Why would the Russians want all the Trump campaign’s internal polling? (I’ll leave that as an open ended question, which should give your imagination free reign!).

Whats the excuse?
Yet again, all you are citing is that Russia targeted the Trump campaign.

Not even close. And don't forget that Paulie worked for free.

No?...it doesn't count that the supposed Russian agent that met in Trump tower also met with Fusion GPS before and after that meeting? I get it, I get it...only one team is allowed to do those things.

No?...it doesn't count that the supposed Russian agent that met in Trump tower also met with Fusion GPS before and after that meeting? I get it, I get it...only one team is allowed to do those things.
Sprinkling pixie dust isn't going to make this go away.

Sprinkling pixie dust isn't going to make this go away.

There's nothing to go away. Ya'll can live in your fevered CT dreams all you want. No sweat off of my back, but I'm sure it's not health.

There's nothing to go away. Ya'll can live in your fevered CT dreams all you want. No sweat off of my back, but I'm sure it's not health.
The sweat off your back isn't healthy? Good luck with that. G'night.

On Thursday, the Treasury Department unveiled new sanctions against the Russian government linked to its apparent hack of U.S. government networks. But the news release also included a statement clearly answering our second question above.
During the 2016 U.S. presidential election campaign, Kilimnik provided the Russian Intelligence Services with sensitive information on polling and campaign strategy. Additionally, Kilimnik sought to promote the narrative that Ukraine, not Russia, had interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” the statement read.​
“Kilimnik has also sought to assist designated former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych. At Yanukovych’s direction, Kilimnik sought to institute a plan that would return Yanukovych to power in Ukraine,” it read.​
Yanukovych was a member of the pro-Russian party for which Manafort had worked, the Party of Regions.​
That one sentence, though, appears to finally complete the long-speculated line from Trump’s campaign to Russian intelligence. It goes like this, according to the aggregated information compiled by various parts of the government:​
  • Trump hires
  • Manafort to run his campaign. Manafort then orders
  • Gates, his deputy, to provide polling and strategy information to
  • Kilimnik, their longtime colleague and, according to the Senate committee, a Russian intelligence officer. Kilimnik then shares that information with
  • Russian intelligence agents.
Collusion, definition: "An often secret action taken by two or more parties to achieve an illegal or improper purpose."
1618636471864.png

I never denied Russia screwed with the election.
I did deny that the Trump and or his campaign conspired with Russia in that effort.

And you were proven wrong just the other day with that US announcement.

What else?

You imagined that part where Russia used the data in any fashion, let alone use it to help Trump.

Manafort wasnt charged with anything regarding the election campaign.

Well, let’s think about that.

So, what did the Russians do with it?

And if they were getting it as a matter of casual intelligence gathering, how come they didn’t do the same thing to the Democratic party?

Since the Russian social media disinformation campaign against the United States has been going on at least since 2013, and was reported publicly in 2015, it’s not too great a leap to conclude that they wanted this data to monitor in more minute detail, the inpact of their fake news and propoganda effort.

If that’s the case, what the Trump campaign did is treasonous. The Russians have been waging cyber war against the United States for most of the last decade. They had a clear field while Trump was in the White House. And McConnell worked hard to insure that no bill outlawing the open influence peddling and sedition of the Trump campaign.

Because that’s how the TRump message got spread. Not just by the Russians. But by the whole rotten, corrupt and craven industry of right wing media.

An environment that had been growing steadily more crude, vulgar and openly racist and xenophobic as time wore on.

The Russians simply leveraged the vitriol.

They didn’t really need Trump for that. They owned him. They had for nearly 20 years. They knew that he left a trail of destruction, and failure behind him. They also knew that he could never be trusted.

So, if you have another reason why the Russians would want the internal polling data, do tell!

Talk about empty bs. You seem to think its still 2017.

Everything I posted is well documented fact.

And you know it, too.

Quite pretending and own your disgrace.

Not even close. And don't forget that Paulie worked for free.

Remember too that Manafort begged for the job and offered to work “for free” because he owed Oleg Deripashka a big chunk of money, and Oleg is the kind of guy who drops deadbeats into aluminum smelters.

Remember too that Manafort begged for the job and offered to work “for free” because he owed Oleg Deripashka a big chunk of money, and Oleg is the kind of guy who drops deadbeats into aluminum smelters.

Yep-- Manafort took the job for personal financial gain.
That's why he did what he did.

Everything I posted is well documented fact.

And you know it, too.

Quite pretending and own your disgrace.

In 2017 that was some of the stuff kicking around.
But in 2021 we know its not so.

The story says it-- Mueller thought he might be a Russian agent, the Senate says he was a Russian agent. There was nothing added that we already knew.

The story says you’ve been making up your declaration.

That’s just plain false, and you know it.

No. Its accurate.
Like I said, its not 2017 anymore.
So, for example, we now know that PapaD never said anything (in early 2016 about Russia having emails-- he said then Russia he was told Russia has "information"), and that Downer never said anything about emails (again only "information.")

The announcement proved and said nothing that was not already known.

Now you’re talking out of the other side of your mouth. Which is not surprising for a Trumpster with no leg to stand on.

Out of one side of your mouth, you tell one poster that this isn’t anything that wasn’t known in 2017.

Out of the other side of your mouth, you tell me that what was fact in 2017 is not in 2021. (of course, this is entirely false, as the details are attested to, documented, and represent the historical record).

Now you’re talking out of the other side of your mouth. Which is not surprising for a Trumpster with no leg to stand on.

Out of one side of your mouth, you tell one poster that this isn’t anything that wasn’t known in 2017.

Out of the other side of your mouth, you tell me that what was fact in 2017 is not in 2021. (of course, this is entirely false, as the details are attested to, documented, and represent the historical record).

Hang on-- in 2017 we didn't know what Manafort was doing.
But we have known this in a general sense since Mueller and more specific since the Senate report. There is nothing new in the article.

Back
Top Bottom