• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP's continuing Donald Trump problem

My problem is I would like a Conservative party that is at least rooted in the same reality as the rest of the world.

Today's GOP argues that Up is triangle.
As opposed to a party that thinks gender is how you feel on the inside?

As opposed to a party that thinks gender is how you feel on the inside?

Ahhh.... Trans is the new anti gay thing.

It will also peter out over time as more and more people come to understand that Transgender people are not the predatory weirdo monsters that some portray them as and are just a new wedge issue that robs a small percentage of the citizenry of basic human decency for political gain.

That was Trump's business. He has properties all over the world. But nice try.

Imagine if one of Trump's kids was a drug addicted loser who extorted millions from multiple foreign bad guys cause his dad was VP. Now imagine they found a hard drive in which he stated he was giving the "big guy" a cut.

Just imagine.
Then why lie over and over?

Ahhh.... Trans is the new anti gay thing.

It will also peter out over time as more and more people come to understand that Transgender people are not the predatory weirdo monsters that some portray them as and are just a new wedge issue that robs a small percentage of the citizenry of basic human decency for political gain.
A small but vocal group of wackos that can capture the narrative of the mainstream, see, happens in both parties.

Nice to see Trump still living rent free in the media's head, Trump's propensity to extreme exaggeration, paired with a failed response to COVID whisked Trump and the GOP out of office.

I can see why liberal's what to keep him alive in the eyes of the public, but I don't understand why the GOP would. Even pandering to every wack job and deplorable in the nation wasn't enough to get him a second term, and one has to know that most Republicans now just want him to go away and be silent.

Trouble is when wack jobs and deplorables can capture the party in the primaries. We need look no further the the Democratic Party for examples of that.:cool:
Trump was a lifelong Democrat and because of his incredible grifting skills knew he would be able to takeover the GOP.

A small but vocal group of wackos that can capture the narrative of the mainstream, see, happens in both parties.
When was the last time they tried to overthrow the govt? Jan 6 did happen.

But not really... the anti Trans backlash is from a few fronts.. one of them disappointingly from a certain section of Radical Feminism who will not accept transgenderism but for some reason stay mainly silent about women living as men. The more damaging side is the latest push from conservatives to make the issue more in the public eye through the series of bannings or legislation that prohibits treatment and the like because they need a moral panic social issue and people have basically stopped hating on the gays.

As far as my opinion. I do not have the dysphoria that they do, so I cannot relate in the least bit but it is none of my business what individuals do to feel comfortable in their own skin. 99% of the time the most that is asked of me is to change a pronoun. Not that big of deal nor is it a detriment to my life.

In another decade this will be yet another lost battle of the culture war thrown on the ash heap.

But not really... the anti Trans backlash is from a few fronts.. one of them disappointingly from a certain section of Radical Feminism who will not accept transgenderism but for some reason stay mainly silent about women living as men. The more damaging side is the latest push from conservatives to make the issue more in the public eye through the series of bannings or legislation that prohibits treatment and the like because they need a moral panic social issue and people have basically stopped hating on the gays.

As far as my opinion. I do not have the dysphoria that they do, so I cannot relate in the least bit but it is none of my business what individuals do to feel comfortable in their own skin. 99% of the time the most that is asked of me is to change a pronoun. Not that big of deal nor is it a detriment to my life.

In another decade this will be yet another lost battle of the culture war thrown on the ash heap.
But the comment I was responding to was about the GOP peddling that up is a triangle, well, if man can be woman, and woman can be man, and there is something like 17 other genders, why can't up be a triangle?

Up may feel like a triangle on the inside, did you ever ask up how it feels?

But the comment I was responding to was about the GOP peddling that up is a triangle, well, if man can be woman, and woman can be man, and there is something like 17 other genders, why can't up be a triangle?

Up may feel like a triangle on the inside, did you ever ask up how it feels?

Gender Dysphoria is a real condition. It actually exists right here in the real world. No one would actually dispute this. The question is how do we treat people with that condition? I try to treat people with respect instead of derision. I try to not outright dismiss other people's lived experience and replace it with something that is not rooted in reality.

This is what I mean by Up is Triangle.

Frankenstein or Faust. Pick your F-ing metaphor.

I love when leftwingers tell Republicans what we need to do. After all, they only have our best interests at heart.
They can't run their own mess, they have to play in ours.

Gender Dysphoria is a real condition. It actually exists right here in the real world. No one would actually dispute this. The question is how do we treat people with that condition? I try to treat people with respect instead of derision. I try to not outright dismiss other people's lived experience and replace it with something that is not rooted in reality.

This is what I mean by Up is Triangle.
Humans have an additional pair of sex chromosomes for a total of 46 chromosomes. The sex chromosomes are referred to as X and Y, and their combination determines a person's sex. Typically, human females have two X chromosomes while males possess an XY pairing. This XY sex-determination system is found in most mammals as well as some reptiles and plants.

Whether a person has XX or XY chromosomes is determined when a sperm fertilizes an egg. Unlike the body's other cells, the cells in the egg and sperm — called gametes or sex cells — possess only one chromosome. Gametes are produced by meiosis cell division, which results in the divided cells having half the number of chromosomes as the parent, or progenitor, cells. In the case of humans, this means that parent cells have two chromosomes and gametes have one.

All of the gametes in the mother's eggs possess X chromosomes. The father's sperm contains about half X and half Y chromosomes. The sperm are the variable factor in determining the sex of the baby. If the sperm carries an X chromosome, it will combine with the egg's X chromosome to form a female zygote. If the sperm carries a Y chromosome, it will result in a male.

During fertilization, gametes from the sperm combine with gametes from the egg to form a zygote. The zygote contains two sets of 23 chromosomes, for the required 46. Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY, according to the World Health Organization.

There are some variations, though. Recent research has found that a person can have a variety of different combinations of sex chromosomes and genes, particularly those who identify as LGBT. For example, a certain X chromosome called Xq28 and a gene on chromosome 8 seem to be found in higher prevalence in men who are gay, according to a 2014 study in the journal Psychological Medicine.

A few births out of a thousand of babies are born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) and are referred to as sex monosomies. Others are born with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) and are called sex polysomies. "In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome," said WHO. "Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex."

It is important to remember that sex and gender have two separate definitions and many cultures include more labels than simply "male" and "female" to identify others.

If we take the science for a given, then it's not how you feel your gender is, but your XY chromosomes. Admittedly there are more than two types, but we don't test people to insure what type they are as determined by science, we don't want to upset them or offend them, and that's fine with me, let your freak flag fly, I always say.

Lord knows I do.:eek:

The GOP's continuing Donald Trump problem

images

Republicans are well aware of how vindictive Trump is.

If they want such a man to have his hands perpetually around their throats, then they also must be prepared to swear loyalty to Trump above everything else and place their necks on the execution block.
Personally I think they placed their heads there four years ago and got it collectively chopped off in 2020 but like a headless chicken they're still running around talking out of their collective rear ends.

I love when leftwingers tell Republicans what we need to do. After all, they only have our best interests at heart.
The right was telling us who our candidates should be. I wouldn't listen to those libs, you guys are doing just fine in making yourselves irrelevant.

If we take the science for a given, then it's not how you feel your gender is, but your XY chromosomes. Admittedly there are more than two types, but we don't test people to insure what type they are as determined by science, we don't want to upset them or offend them, and that's fine with me, let your freak flag fly, I always say.

Lord knows I do.:eek:

There is much much more to the human experience than Chromosomes. Life is a lot more complicated than the simplistic binary that some want to live by.

To say that this is about chomosomes alone is quite silly

There are times that suicide is a good option and best ignored until its done.

There is much much more to the human experience than Chromosomes. Life is a lot more complicated than the simplistic binary that some want to live by.

To say that this is about chomosomes alone is quite silly
Now you're just being obtuse, I didn't write the science.

We want people to believe in the truth of math and science, not to go out and vote on how they feel the science of global climate change is, but you are proposing that the science of XY chromosomes don't determine gender, that people should just ignore the science when it's not convenient to believe it.

So many democrats concerned for the health of the GOP.

Notice that none of them are discussing Dem policy; they're obsessed with Trump.

Notice that none of them are discussing Dem policy; they're obsessed with Trump.
It's a campaign tool, the more they can tie Trump to the GOP, the more they can loop footage of Jan. 6th to beat the GOP about the head and neck with it.

Not a bad strategy as far as that goes.

It's a campaign tool, the more they can tie Trump to the GOP, the more they can loop footage of Jan. 6th to beat the GOP about the head and neck with it.

Not a bad strategy as far as that goes.

Oh, I know. It was the entire purpose of the impeachment, and it's been the entire purpose of saying, "insurrection", over and over again.

Now you're just being obtuse, I didn't write the science.

We want people to believe in the truth of math and science, not to go out and vote on how they feel the science of global climate change is, but you are proposing that the science of XY chromosomes don't determine gender, that people should just ignore the science when it's not convenient to believe it.

Chromosomes determine sex, not gender.

That was Trump's business. He has properties all over the world. But nice try.

Imagine if one of Trump's kids was a drug addicted loser who extorted millions from multiple foreign bad guys cause his dad was VP. Now imagine they found a hard drive in which he stated he was giving the "big guy" a cut.

Just imagine.

You have a very bad case of HDS to go along with your BDS.

Nice to see Trump still living rent free in the media's head, Trump's propensity to extreme exaggeration, paired with a failed response to COVID whisked Trump and the GOP out of office.

I can see why liberal's what to keep him alive in the eyes of the public, but I don't understand why the GOP would. Even pandering to every wack job and deplorable in the nation wasn't enough to get him a second term, and one has to know that most Republicans now just want him to go away and be silent.

Trouble is when wack jobs and deplorables can capture the party in the primaries. We need look no further the the Democratic Party for examples of that.:cool:

You're on the wrong board. This is "Debate Politics", and this thread was political in nature and is discussing how the last President (the one who lost the White House, Congress and Senate for the Republican Party in 4 short years) continues to influence the party. Maybe the "Debate Knitting" board is more your speed.

You mean like the BS we heard for 3 1/2 years about how Trump was a Russian asset?
No trump has been a Russian asset since 1979.

Have you ever heard of little Moscow in Miami???

That predates Trump's political career...

Because there are no threads on this board about Biden, Harris, Schumer, Pelosi, or any other Democrat? So they have to be discussed in a thread about Trump?

No, I didn't notice that.

Back
Top Bottom