• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP Website Seems To Be Missing Any Reference To A Certain HUGE Name

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The GOP Website Seems To Be Missing Any Reference To A Certain HUGE Name | News Corpse

A visit to GOP.com reveals that Donald Trump’s name is nowhere to found. Nor can he be found by clicking on the available links. Trump may not yet be the official nominee of his party, but given the fact that all of the other candidates have dropped out, and the party refers to him as their candidate, it is somewhat curious that he’s not mentioned on the party’s website. What are they ashamed of? And for those who wonder where Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders are on the Democrats’ website, be aware that the Democratic primary is not yet over and the party cannot take sides between candidates who are still vying for the nomination…………..

And “That speaks volumes about how the party feels about the choice made by their primary voters. In all likelihood, this should change as the campaign progresses, but the fact that the party is treating Trump like a ghost candidate now cannot be seen as anything but a rebuke…………

SEE:
https://gop.com/

Poor Trump. Outdone by George H.W. Bush's limited edition socks.

The GOP Website Seems To Be Missing Any Reference To A Certain HUGE Name | News Corpse

A visit to GOP.com reveals that Donald Trump’s name is nowhere to found. Nor can he be found by clicking on the available links. Trump may not yet be the official nominee of his party, but given the fact that all of the other candidates have dropped out, and the party refers to him as their candidate, it is somewhat curious that he’s not mentioned on the party’s website. What are they ashamed of? And for those who wonder where Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders are on the Democrats’ website, be aware that the Democratic primary is not yet over and the party cannot take sides between candidates who are still vying for the nomination…………..

And “That speaks volumes about how the party feels about the choice made by their primary voters. In all likelihood, this should change as the campaign progresses, but the fact that the party is treating Trump like a ghost candidate now cannot be seen as anything but a rebuke…………

SEE:

You should probably learn to check your facts. https://www.gop.com/search/?q=Trump. Oh look, it does refer to Trump.

Still not a lot of Trump. Various GOP websites are much more about Clinton than Trump, which probably says something.

Edit: I suspect there might be more to the story. There usually is in cases like this.

You should probably learn to check your facts. https://www.gop.com/search/?q=Trump. Oh look, it does refer to Trump.

Yeah, sure, that's why in their "Take back the White House" article their official nominee is referred to as "our Presidential candidates." Quite the vote of confidence, that.

Yeah, sure, that's why in their "Take back the White House" article their official nominee is referred to as "our Presidential candidates." Quite the vote of confidence, that.

There is a large, unsubtle difference between no references, and not a lot of references. This is a very good example of why it is best not to overplay your hand. By going from what is true, to what isn't true, he actually makes his point weaker.

There is a large, unsubtle difference between no references, and not a lot of references. This is a very good example of why it is best not to overplay your hand. By going from what is true, to what isn't true, he actually makes his point weaker.

I'm over that. Taking a gander at what is presumably the official GOP website, the lengths they're going to in order to avoid mentioning Trump's name are both obvious and awkward. If they referred to him as "He who shall not be named" that would still be a greater honor than what they are doing for Trump.

SEE:

WATCH: In Focus with Donald Trump
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Donald Trump

Might want to do some digging before blindly believing something that is told to ya.

What a silly thread.

What a silly thread.

Not really. As of this post, a ctrl F will find no mention of the Republican Presidential candidate's name. Then, thinking maybe I rushed to judgment, I clicked on every individual article on the front page and again hit ctrl F and typed in "Trump."

Not...one...mention.

This is a dumb thread. My emails from the GOP have certainly changed into the Trump chain email subscription.

I'm tempted to unsubscribe.

This is a dumb thread. My emails from the GOP have certainly changed into the Trump chain email subscription.

I'm tempted to unsubscribe.

The disparity between your emails and the GOP site is curious.

The disparity between your emails and the GOP site is curious.

I would love it is there is less Donald--no Donald preferably. But yeah, the emails are either "we must defeat Hillary" or something directly about Trump being "our guy."

It's annoying me.

The emails don't get better either. I just double checked. On Thursday we received an email from "Team Trump," with all the usual Trump nonsense about losing and being "winners again," and "crooked Hillary." You know, the stupid, poorly written slogans Trump uses and his deluded followers gobble up. Please donate 35 dollars to be a founding member of our campaign.

Gag.

SEE:

Sigh. What is custom? Any idea you have not.

Thanks for the links.......but are you saying the report posted above is inaccurate and/or not a fact?

Definitely inaccurate, which essentially makes it not a fact. Otherwise the words "Missing Any Reference" would not have been used in the title. And the words " Donald Trump’s name is nowhere to found" would not have been in that article.

SEE:

That's funny. I searched "Trump" on the GOP website and according to my search, his name appears on their website 86 times.

Search Results

Showing results 1 - 10 of 86 for "trump"

That's funny. I searched "Trump" on the GOP website and according to my search, his name appears on their website 86 times.

Search Results

Showing results 1 - 10 of 86 for "trump"

Alright, think of it this way. Let's say a major city suffered a gigantic terrorist attack with a death toll in the tens of thousands -- some real Michael Bay apocalyptic stuff. So you go to every major newspaper and the attack isn't on the front page on any one of them. However, if you dig through the paper far enough, yep, there it is: "City residents experience assault by extremists."

So yes, Trump's name can be found in a search. However, on the official site of the GOP, Trump's name is not mentioned once on the home page, or even in any article featured on the home page.

Edit: that has changed. Trump's name can now be found very very very far down in the article "The Undemocratic Party," though he is not referred to as the official GOP candidate.

Fun game: although it pains me to accept this as given, let's assume Clinton becomes the official Democratic nominee. Then let's head on over to Democrats.org, which I'm pretty sure is the official Democratic party site, and see if Clinton's name isn't listed on the home page. It isn't right now because there's no official Democrat candidate yet, but when (ugh) she is, let's check that out.

Alright, think of it this way. Let's say a major city suffered a gigantic terrorist attack with a death toll in the tens of thousands -- some real Michael Bay apocalyptic stuff. So you go to every major newspaper and the attack isn't on the front page on any one of them. However, if you dig through the paper far enough, yep, there it is: "City residents experience assault by extremists."

So yes, Trump's name can be found in a search. However, on the official site of the GOP, Trump's name is not mentioned once on the home page, or even in any article featured on the home page.

Edit: that has changed. Trump's name can now be found very very very far down in the article "The Undemocratic Party," though he is not referred to as the official GOP candidate.

Fun game: although it pains me to accept this as given, let's assume Clinton becomes the official Democratic nominee. Then let's head on over to Democrats.org, which I'm pretty sure is the official Democratic party site, and see if Clinton's name isn't listed on the home page. It isn't right now because there's no official Democrat candidate yet, but when (ugh) she is, let's check that out.

You want to buy a pair of those Bush socks. Dontcha?

By the way, I'm relieved to not see Trump's name repeatedly all over that site. Let a girl have a little hope that the GOP is crafting some kind of bloodless coup to prevent that orange maniac from getting the nomination.:3oops:

I just needed to point out that the OP was factually inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom