• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP scam is getting worse — for Republican voters. A new study shows how.

It should, which is why I don’t hate Joe Manchun.

The only good thing about Manchin is that his presence stops Mitch McConnell from being majority leader.

The unfortunate reality is that this is the most liberal person you can get to represent his state.

Correct.

Look, I don't need Democrat-run cities to live the kind of life I want.

You know that red/blue map Trump loved to parade around displaying electoral victories, inexplicably colored by county rather than by state or by congressional district or by any metric that actually matters in an election? Well, they show that map because it looks more red, shows larger land areas as red than a real electoral map would.

Here's the thing.

The blue areas represent two thirds of this nation's GDP.

You're welcome.

COVID is a virus.

The **** up is how SF ran its finances.
Government at all levels, businesses plan budgets based on projected revenues and expenditures. When expected revenues are less the expenditure side needs to adjusted or tap reserves.
Did the pandemic result in less revenue for cities and States? Yes or No?
Do you believe States should get more federal dollars than they pay to the feds? Yes or No.

I know you dislike Democratic cities. I can agree that many local governments are not well managed. Much like that the federal government has not been well managed for decades. Hence the big debt.

Government at all levels, businesses plan budgets based on projected revenues and expenditures. When expected revenues are less the expenditure side needs to adjusted or tap reserves.
Did the pandemic result in less revenue for cities and States? Yes or No?
Do you believe States should get more federal dollars than they pay to the feds? Yes or No.

I know you dislike Democratic cities. I can agree that many local governments are not well managed. Much like that the federal government has not been well managed for decades. Hence the big debt.
1. If city's revenues were less than expenditures, they should have adjusted their expenditures instead of demanding money from the federal government.

2. States don't pay dollars to the feds...taxpayers do.

I guess the Trumpublicans will need to dig up another dozen cancel culture sirens to keep everyone OUTRAGED over the "RADICAL LEFTISTS" for the next few months.

The Republican Party is in shambles, devastated by the wild vagaries of former President Trump, the titular leader of the GOP.

First, Trump told the Republican National Committee not to use his name to raise funds to help Republicans get elected. Trump didn't want to help the 17 Republicans in the House and Senate who voted to impeach him.

Then the RNC rebuffed a cease-and-desist letter from Trump's lawyers that warned it not to use his name or likeness to raise money from donors. Justin Riemer, chief counsel for the RNC, stated, “the R.N.C., of course, has every right to refer to public figures as it engages in core, First Amendment-protected political speech, and it will continue to do so in pursuit of those common goals.”

Then, in a sign of the delicate dance between Trump and a Republican Party fearful of alienating him, Riemer changed his mind. He said that the R.N.C. had not and would not make fund-raising appeals using Trump’s name or likeness without his approval.

Then Trump lashed out on email. “No more money for RINOs,” a term used to bash moderate GOP politicians accused of governing like Democrats. He asserted that they “do nothing but hurt the Republican Party and our great voting base — they will never lead us to Greatness.”

Then Trump told his supporters to instead send money to his political action committee, Save America.

Trump is competing with the GOP’s fundraising operation and lashing out at its members, further complicating his status as a Republican Party leader.

I shyt you not. Honest, this is really happening. You can check with my sources.

R.N.C. says it ‘has every right’ to use Trump’s name to raise money but won’t do so without his OK.
Lawyers for Mr. Trump had sent cease-and-desist letters to the Republican National Committee and other groups, warning them to stop relying on him in their fund-raising appeals.

Trump tells donors to give money to him, not Republicans 'in name only'
Redirecting Republican money into his own war chest could help Trump tighten his grip on the party as he aims to undermine his perceived enemies within it.

The Covid relief package should pass the House tomorrow. Biden will sign the bill shortly thereafter, and the checks will go out in the mail within days.

I wonder how many Trump Republicans in the rural counties of America will embrace the benefits of Biden's $1.9 trillion package.

The bill, which will be a defining moment for Biden in his symbolic first 100 days in office, will send stimulus checks of up to $1,400 to many Americans and extend federal unemployment benefits through September 6. The bill also includes money to reopen schools, aid for stricken small businesses, child tax credits and health insurance subsidies.

Surely, millions of those who voted for Trump will see huge benefits from the fulfillment of Biden's campaign promise.

Indeed, a Pew Research Center poll released Tuesday found that 70 percent of U.S. adults favor Biden's $1.9 trillion Covid bill, including 41 percent of self-identified Republicans, and an Associated Press poll showed 70 percent of U.S. adults approve of Biden's handling of the pandemic.

While millions of Trump Republicans will cherish the many benefits of Biden's relief package, they must at the same time realize not one member of their party in the House and Senate voted to give them those benefits.

That should give them a moment of pause.

1. If city's revenues were less than expenditures, they should have adjusted their expenditures instead of demanding money from the federal government.

2. States don't pay dollars to the feds...taxpayers do.
- True tax dollars come from tax payers.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott didn't waste any time asking Biden to declare a state of emergency in Texas due to a cold snap.

Then the idiot turns right around and removes a statewide mask mandate even though the COVID numbers in Texas are pointing upwards.

No electricity was a big problem for Abbott, but increasing COVID infections and deaths in his state doesn't register on Abbott's danger radar.

I believe this is a political calculation based on how the two events are covered differently by the media.

Back
Top Bottom