• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The gop outrage, where does it all come from? It seems never ending. This video might help us to understand.

If you're having private sexual conversations with kids and also hiding it from parents, you're a groomer.
So if a kid comes to a teacher to tell them about how their being abused sexually by their parents, and the teacher explains how that is wrong and how to get them help, according to your words above the teacher is a groomer.

So if a kid comes to a teacher to tell them about how their being abused sexually by their parents, and the teacher explains how that is wrong and how to get them help, according to your words above the teacher is a groomer.
Is the teacher hiding it from their parents?

Is the teacher hiding it from their parents?
Do you believe the teacher is going to immediately tell the parents that their child just accused them of sexually abusing them? Really? That child would be yanked from that school and family disappeared in hours.

There are many other scenarios where the teachers could be discussing "sexual" content with students and keeping it from parents for good reason. Trust is important and students aren't going to trust teachers who tell their parents what the teacher was told in confidence.

Additionally, even if the teacher was "wrong" to keep something from the parents that was told to them, it still is not "grooming". That is a huge fallacy. It isn't "well if they do A, they are automatically B" simply because you or others want to make the claim. Words do have meaning. Reasoning and context for any situation do matter.

Last edited:
Do you believe the teacher is going to immediately tell the parents that their child just accused them of sexually abusing them?
Are they reporting it to the police?

there needs to be cause = a child making the allegation is not enough. Maybe the child is pissed off at the parents? The allegations need to be documented.

Conservatives most always during campaigns come up with subjects concerning sex to distract voters from very big issues:

The RINO declaration of:
--- War On Good Wages aka Right To Work Legislation
--- War against AFFORDABLE Medical Insurance and Single Payer
--- War On Medicare
--- War On Medicaid
--- War on public education and Higher Education
--- War On Social Security Insurance
--- War on the economy through Supply Side Wreckanomics
--- War against women
--- War on the VA and Veterans Benefits
--- War on Voters Rights = VOTER SUPPRESSION
--- War on strict gun regulations
--- War On National Monuments/Parks
--- War on the press
--- War on the USA Postal Service
--- War On Environmental Cleanliness
--- War On USA Jobs through Free Trade Agreements and Leveraged Buyout Scams
--- War for Oil Control Worldwide
--- War on truth about global warming/climate change
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2010/03/30/174616/koch-denial-machine/

Still would be keeping a secret from the parent. And still not grooming. They are not logically connected.
Not going to answer, eh? It's grooming if they are having private sexual discussions, which includes sexual orientation and gender, and keeping it secret when it has nothing to do with parental abuse, which is what all of these cases are about. Not one person is out there objecting over teachers protecting kids from parents sexually abusing their kids.

Not going to answer, eh? It's grooming if they are having private sexual discussions, which includes sexual orientation and gender, and keeping it secret when it has nothing to do with parental abuse, which is what all of these cases are about. Not one person is out there objecting over teachers protecting kids from parents sexually abusing their kids.
What cases?

Site them.

What cases?

Site them.

One of the teachers who spoke at the conference, Lori Caldeira, was a teacher and club leader at Konen's child's school. Revealed in leaked audio, Caldeira suggested hiding from parents if their children are attending GSA clubs, according to award-winning journalist Abigail Shrier, who had obtained the leaked audio.

Because we are not official — we have no club rosters, we keep no records,” Lori Caldeira allegedly says in the leaked audio clip. “In fact, sometimes we don’t really want to keep records because if parents get upset that their kids are coming? We’re like, ‘Yeah, I don’t know. Maybe they came?’ You know, we would never want a kid to get in trouble for attending if their parents are upset.

Near the end of the sixth-grade year, and in the middle of the child's seventh-grade year, Konen's child reportedly claimed she may be bisexual. Konen says she was called to attend a meeting with her child, a teacher, and the principal of the school. During the meeting, Konen says she was told her child was "trans-fluid".

I sat across the table, and I was crying. I was trying to absorb everything," Konen said in an interview with The Epoch Times. “They kept looking at me angrily because I kept saying ‘she,’ and that it was going to take me time to time to process everything... I was very confused. I was very upset. I was blindsided — completely blindsided.

The teacher reportedly accused Konen of not being "emotionally supportive" of her child, who was being referred to with male pronouns and a new name. Konen told The Epoch Times the teacher was acting in a "mean-spirited" way towards her and she felt like the teacher had "completely coached" her child.

One of the teachers who spoke at the conference, Lori Caldeira, was a teacher and club leader at Konen's child's school. Revealed in leaked audio, Caldeira suggested hiding from parents if their children are attending GSA clubs, according to award-winning journalist Abigail Shrier, who had obtained the leaked audio.

Because we are not official — we have no club rosters, we keep no records,” Lori Caldeira allegedly says in the leaked audio clip. “In fact, sometimes we don’t really want to keep records because if parents get upset that their kids are coming? We’re like, ‘Yeah, I don’t know. Maybe they came?’ You know, we would never want a kid to get in trouble for attending if their parents are upset.

Near the end of the sixth-grade year, and in the middle of the child's seventh-grade year, Konen's child reportedly claimed she may be bisexual. Konen says she was called to attend a meeting with her child, a teacher, and the principal of the school. During the meeting, Konen says she was told her child was "trans-fluid".

I sat across the table, and I was crying. I was trying to absorb everything," Konen said in an interview with The Epoch Times. “They kept looking at me angrily because I kept saying ‘she,’ and that it was going to take me time to time to process everything... I was very confused. I was very upset. I was blindsided — completely blindsided.

The teacher reportedly accused Konen of not being "emotionally supportive" of her child, who was being referred to with male pronouns and a new name. Konen told The Epoch Times the teacher was acting in a "mean-spirited" way towards her and she felt like the teacher had "completely coached" her child.
You said :

"It's grooming if they are having private sexual discussions, which includes sexual orientation and gender, and keeping it secret when it has nothing to do with parental abuse, which is what all of these cases are about"

And then site something that isn't that.

Oh and....."A parent said"?

And the Epoch Times? Seriously?

• Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, as well as numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Fake News, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: RIGHT

total fail.

don't be so gullible.

It seems her republican opponent told and untruth to start the whole ball of outrage rolling and once it started rolling, the lie was repeated over and over by the faithful.

You republicans, y'all proud of your elected officials for making such outrageous lies to get votes? Is this now acceptable in the gop because it seems to be the overriding tactic from the right.
The outrage is manufactured by propaganda. Since they pull out all the stops, accusing random people of grooming kids, I have my hopes up that neoliberalism is in more trouble than the media would have us believe. The 1% are worried

"If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.”
DAVID FRUM

You said :

"It's grooming if they are having private sexual discussions, which includes sexual orientation and gender, and keeping it secret when it has nothing to do with parental abuse, which is what all of these cases are about"

And then site something that isn't that.

Oh and....."A parent said"?

And the Epoch Times? Seriously?
Whine me a river about the Epoch Times and your fake media bias site. Their reporting is more straight forward than nearly any other news source and it that they reported it has nothing to do with what happened.

Whine me a river about the Epoch Times and your fake media bias site. Their reporting is more straight forward than nearly any other news source and it that they reported it has nothing to do with what happened.
Their reporting is fake news. Conspiracy and pseudoscience.

It's so funny how you all think the fact checkers are biased against you.

There is a more logical explanation. Think about it.

Oh, and the Epoch Times is owned by the Falun Gong cult. Way to go.

Try to be more careful about sources.

Their reporting is fake news. Conspiracy and pseudoscience.
No it isn't. Your fake media rating site has no credibility, except with those who need to be told what to think.
It's so funny how you all think the fact checkers are biased against you.

There is a more logical explanation. Think about it.

Oh, and the Epoch Times is owned by the Falun Gong cult. Way to go.

Try to be more careful about sources.
The source is fine. It's obvious you don't know jack shit about their reporting and haven't read it yourself. Go get your super duper reliable news from "fiery but mostly peaceful" CNN or some bullshit like that.

No it isn't. Your fake media rating site has no credibility, except with those who need to be told what to think.

The source is fine. It's obvious you don't know jack shit about their reporting and haven't read it yourself. Go get your super duper reliable news from "fiery but mostly peaceful" CNN or some bullshit like
The source is owned by the Falun Gong cult. Full of conspiracy theory, Pseudoscience and fake news.

Not even close to being a legitimate source.

Why do Trumpers think all the fact checkers are against them?

Please explain.

The source is owned by the Falun Gong cult. Full of conspiracy theory, Pseudoscience and fake news.

Please explain.
Lol....you don't even know. You were told what to think and you think it. ****ing hilarious.

Please explain.
Because narcissists are incapable of admitting fault. Simple, really.

Back
Top Bottom