• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The gop outrage, where does it all come from? It seems never ending. This video might help us to understand.

This is who you are, own it
Did you read the last paragraph of the article? It was true until *Rump came along and bested him. Reid was a schmuck who deserved censure at the very least.

If the majority of Christians were like this woman, people like myself would not have a slight bias against Christians.
I used to know these types of wonderful Christians when I lived permanently, in Australia.
When I moved to America, (i still go back and forth)...I realized that some of the so-called Christians here are in name only. Way too many so-called Christians here are ignorant, hateful and extremely bias against People-who-don't-look-like them. It was quiet a shock. This woman is absolutely wonderful and well spoken.
My feelings have shifted. :)

It seems her republican opponent told and untruth to start the whole ball of outrage rolling and once it started rolling, the lie was repeated over and over by the faithful.

You republicans, y'all proud of your elected officials for making such outrageous lies to get votes? Is this now acceptable in the gop because it seems to be the overriding tactic from the right.
Probably because the left seem to want to groom kids.

It seems her republican opponent told and untruth to start the whole ball of outrage rolling and once it started rolling, the lie was repeated over and over by the faithful.

You republicans, y'all proud of your elected officials for making such outrageous lies to get votes? Is this now acceptable in the gop because it seems to be the overriding tactic from the right.
Outrage lol

Physician heal thyself

Agreed. Sadly, the establishment Dems could never pull it off. It would be a slam-dunk in my opinion. Against any Republican currently in the running. In the highly unlikely chance a sane Republican wins the nomination, like Larry Hogan, then we'd have a legitimate election for a change. That ain't gonna happen, though.

There's outrage and then there's calculated purposeful outrage. They are different in the wellsprings which nurture them.

In today's political palaver there's rarely a penalty to be paid by a sitting politician who employs the latter. Many are secure behind a barrier of gerrymandered district lines or the prevailing culture within those lines. The best that a person who is detached from the heat of the argument can do is, perhaps, ignore it.

Second best is to laugh at the trumped up outrage.*

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

* Yes, Gentle Reader. The words in the sentence were chosen with care.

Last edited:
Probably because the left seem to want to groom kids.
So propping up the lie is what the right has? They have no evidence of this grooming, just lying to get votes, that their gullible cult members believe out of fear and loyalty to the cult leaders.

Agreed. Sadly, the establishment Dems could never pull it off. It would be a slam-dunk in my opinion. Against any Republican currently in the running. In the highly unlikely chance a sane Republican wins the nomination, like Larry Hogan, then we'd have a legitimate election for a change. That ain't gonna happen, though.

Disagree.
We COULD, and we HAVE.
Barack Obama served three years in the Senate and threw his hat in the ring, and won...twice.
Like Fetterman, he was a transformational figure.

Whether we like this unfortunate fact or not, the physical appearance of an elected official does matter.
I would much rather it did not quite as much as it does in the television age, but human nature is what it is.
And since it's a fact of life, I say MILK IT FOR ALL IT IS WORTH.
And yes, aside from his Harvard education, Fetterman is an imposing figure, and other world leaders will take notice of that.
When Fetterman was first drafted for the office of Lt. Governor, someone in the Pennsylvania media nicknamed him "Governor Wolfe's Anger Translator". 🤣

So unless he commits an egregious mistake in the next couple of years, or gets otherwise mired in some legit (as in, not made up out of whole cloth) scandal, like embezzlement or any of the other seven deadlies,
he has background, the education, the chops and the image to have a good chance.

So propping up the lie is what the right has? They have no evidence of this grooming, just lying to get votes, that their gullible cult members believe out of fear and loyalty to the cult leaders.
If anyone is grooming, it's the Trumpers.
January 6th was all about grooming, which is precisely WHY all these insurrectionists specifically point that out in their defense.

"I was there for Trump!"
"Trump told me to attack the Capitol."
"I wanted Trump's approval."

And the best one of all, used by half a dozen or more defendants:
"He egged us on, and now he's stabbed us in the back!"

EVERY REPUBLICAN ACCUSATION IS IN ITSELF A MINI-CONFESSION

Disagree.
We COULD, and we HAVE.
Barack Obama served three years in the Senate and threw his hat in the ring, and won...twice.
Like Fetterman, he was a transformational figure.

Whether we like this unfortunate fact or not, the physical appearance of an elected official does matter.
I would much rather it did not quite as much as it does in the television age, but human nature is what it is.
And since it's a fact of life, I say MILK IT FOR ALL IT IS WORTH.
And yes, aside from his Harvard education, Fetterman is an imposing figure, and other world leaders will take notice of that.
When Fetterman was first drafted for the office of Lt. Governor, someone in the Pennsylvania media nicknamed him "Governor Wolfe's Anger Translator". 🤣

So unless he commits an egregious mistake in the next couple of years, or gets otherwise mired in some legit (as in, not made up out of whole cloth) scandal, like embezzlement or any of the other seven deadlies,
he has background, the education, the chops and the image to have a good chance.
In principle I agree, but this would be one year in the Senate before Fetterman would have to announce. Not that it can't be done, and no reason he shouldn't try. I'm not sure it's enough time for national exposure.

Then again, I agree that the media's power and ability comes from us, as we are. It's entirely possible someone as unique and imposing as John Fetterman can make a mark on the nation in a short time. It always cracks me up when these oversized men turn out to be caring and compassionate. A true man, who sees his duty as protecting those less fortunate than him, rather than imposing himself on them.

He first has to win the Senate seat. I'm smh at Trump endorsing Dr. Oz. That alone gives Fetterman a boost. I hope Oz wins. Fetterman can beat McCormick, but he will absolutely humiliate Oz.

You people are the new American Marxists. Or commies
Do you prefer Bolsheviks?
All I can say is , Get a dictionary PLEASE. Yu do not seem to understand any of those terms. Now if you Putin was a commie, you would be right on, but he is your hero.

Trump has not only made lying okay, but a must if you want to win and you are a GOPer.

In principle I agree, but this would be one year in the Senate before Fetterman would have to announce. Not that it can't be done, and no reason he shouldn't try. I'm not sure it's enough time for national exposure.

Then again, I agree that the media's power and ability comes from us, as we are. It's entirely possible someone as unique and imposing as John Fetterman can make a mark on the nation in a short time. It always cracks me up when these oversized men turn out to be caring and compassionate. A true man, who sees his duty as protecting those less fortunate than him, rather than imposing himself on them.

He first has to win the Senate seat. I'm smh at Trump endorsing Dr. Oz. That alone gives Fetterman a boost. I hope Oz wins. Fetterman can beat McCormick, but he will absolutely humiliate Oz.

Again I have to be honest in admitting that part of Fetterman's appeal is the fact that Republicans...even Trumpers, KNOW how stupid they would look and sound
if they tried to imply that Fetterman is "weak" and...other scurrilous broadsides.

Fetterman represents their worst nightmare, a big scary guy that looks like he could just lean over and take a large bite out of your head.
This is something centrists and independents would HAVE to acknowledge in their heart of hearts, Fetterman casts a strong imposing figure, he is quite impressive in his stature.
And Republicans would not have a comeback for it that could stick...the simple fact is, they would not be able to label him a ("grab em by the") p***y.

Whatever works...milk it for all it is worth.
You know the Republicans will do the same.

Back
Top Bottom