• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP needs a fresh face for 2012

here is a name for people to remember

Rob Portman-R Ohio

Ryan/Cain ? Cain/Ryan ?

I like them both

Video: Herman Cain speech to the SRLC « Hot Air 2010 speech

Is this man Obama's worst nightmare? tea party april 15 2010

Herman Cain - Presidential Exploratory Committee
VIDEO: Herman Cain on Sean Hannity Show: ‘The Sleeping Giant Has Awakened’ : The Other McCain He's running!

Video: Herman Cain challenges Bill Clinton on HillaryCare in 1994 « Hot Air Hillary care much like Obama care. Herman shows just how intelligent he is when it comes to running a business and how harmful Hillary care would be to business. Had Bill pretty speechless.

Ryan / Good Hair?

That is a ton of pounding on those knees. That is just alot on those joints.
I have taken out one ACL and torn rotator cuff from Krav Maga fighting. Have surgically fixed the rotator cuff and still in sling. The ACL I will do without. Amazingly I can't even tell the knee has injury now. In last year have hurt it from hyperextending in fighting class but otherwise it works ok. Do wrap it though for any physical work.

I wonder if there is any merit into just putting a sleeve over those knees as a precaution when running? Knees are just so vulnerable.

WOW. thats a lot to go through but I guess fighting has its costs. Glad to hear you are all well now.

Again, I see the Romney/Christie ticket as the strongest GOP ticket in 2012.
It would be like McCain's drafting of Palin, except Christie's far more substantial and would be acceptable to everyone in the party.. and some outside. Independents like me.
...and he interviews just fine.

How they would do depends on the economy 18 months from now.

If they or Other GOPers lose '12 because of a relatively good economy (and this is I admit is going out a bit far in time).. I see Christie at the Top of the GOP in 2016.
When we will Certainly Need a Budget cutter.
Our deficit will be huge and the Boomers on Social Security.
Someone is going to Have to get out the Axe.
Christie is the THE axe.

We've been kicking the proverbial can down the road for 30 years. Someone's going to have to pick it up.

Last edited:
basically it's a high-deductible plan matched with a savings account that grows tax-free, and which is the personal property of the policy recipient.
So basically the patient pays more on the bill and that money is matched in a savings account that grows?

You badly need to educate yourself on contracts and who signs them. The two parties who signed these contracts were the legal representatives empowered by those behind them and had full power and authority to enter into those agreements. Bad faith? I have no idea what you are talking about.

and i will expect that you are shocked - shocked - to find gambling going on in here!

So basically the patient pays more on the bill and that money is matched in a savings account that grows?

the patient pays more of the bill below a certain amount; it's a good way to ensure that people save where they can, but still have access to expensive but necesary treatments.

and i will expect that you are shocked - shocked - to find gambling going on in here!

Great movie.

Great quote.

Really bad usage which makes no sense at all to what I wrote.

Great movie.

Great quote.

Really bad usage which makes no sense at all to what I wrote.

:lol: please. the unions spent decades bribing politicians to pad their benefits... only to act surprised and angry when the public finally found out and got pissed?

:lol: please. the unions spent decades bribing politicians to pad their benefits... only to act surprised and angry when the public finally found out and got pissed?

but i tell you what; we'll compromise. none of the contracts will be renegotiated. the current benefit system will remain in place.

BUT, taxes will go up (as you have suggested). i'm thinking a 75% rate on all monies recieved from defined-benefit plans should do the trick.

Rev... i know you take care of yourself, exercise and eat properly... so lets put aside the politics for a moment .....

I have run 2,000+ miles a year going back to 1976 when I started training for my first marathon. With long distance running, you either have the body for it or you don't and I have been blessed. In 34 years the only real problem I have ever had is some tendonitis of the hip and that was easily dealt with and has never returned when I gave up the 60 to 80 mile weeks necessary for marathon training. Now, I pretty much run 40 per week with the occasional week where you miss a day due to the pressures of life. My best marathon was 3:15 and I finished in the top 15% of some 5,000 runners that day. But my marathon days and my speed are long gone. Now I am a 61 year old who does ten minute miles and the idea of 26 miles at a 7:30 pace is only a memory.

I'm not a big runner, I find runners to be in a "Specialized" shape, not suited for overall fitness.... Same with strict body builders... To me its an illusion of "fitness"....

I'm not a big runner, I find runners to be in a "Specialized" shape, not suited for overall fitness.... Same with strict body builders... To me its an illusion of "fitness"....

Perhaps you are right about some runners. I can tell you that when I take annual physicals, the doctor tells me I have the body and test results of somebody a good 15 years younger. I am one of those guys who win the prize at the Guess Your Age at carnivals.

Back
Top Bottom