• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP needs a fresh face for 2012

Thanks, I think you answered my question. You called it good news when you found out he wasn't running.You think he could win right?
You have basically the same dislike of Palin, yet you hope she runs. You think she would lose, right?
There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. I do the same thing. It's called politics. I remember freaking out when Obama came on the scene. I thought he would probably win. I thought Mccain had a better chance against Hillary.
I just want you to admit that you think Christie could win and that's why you are happy he's not running.

I think both Christie and Palin would lose head to head against President Obama.

I'm really liking Mitch Daniel, especially reading the statistics on how he has reformed health care and significantly reduced cost by 11%. However, I'm having trouble understanding his HSA and how it works. I'm reading from this article and I need further analysis/explaining of the 2nd/3rd paragraphs which say...

Mitch Daniels: Hoosiers and Health Savings Accounts - WSJ.com
In Indiana's HSA, the state deposits $2,750 per year into an account controlled by the employee, out of which he pays all his health bills. Indiana covers the premium for the plan. The intent is that participants will become more cost-conscious and careful about overpayment or overutilization.

Unused funds in the account—to date some $30 million or about $2,000 per employee and growing fast—are the worker's permanent property. For the very small number of employees (about 6% last year) who use their entire account balance, the state shares further health costs up to an out-of-pocket maximum of $8,000, after which the employee is completely protected.

I'm really liking Mitch Daniel, especially reading the statistics on how he has reformed health care and significantly reduced cost by 11%. However, I'm having trouble understanding his HSA and how it works. I'm reading from this article and I need further analysis/explaining of the 2nd/3rd paragraphs which say...

Mitch Daniels: Hoosiers and Health Savings Accounts - WSJ.com

basically it's a high-deductible plan matched with a savings account that grows tax-free, and which is the personal property of the policy recipient.

He is a fraud of the worst sort. Proof of this is his war on public employees in New Jersey and his complete demagoging of the education issue in his own state.

on the contrary; that is rather solid evidence of his guts and sincerity. :) it's also why i love him. Neale Boortz is right when it comes to teachers unions.

Would he fare well against President Obama? I am not even sure he would physically survive such an effort. I worry about the mans health and would not wish to see him suffer any calamity because of his obvious health issues.

biased against fat people, eh?

I am extremely biased against right wing zealots who are attempting to scapegoat pubic employees for their own political gain. His physical problems are self induced and obvious. More people kill themselves with a fork and spoon than any other device.

I am extremely biased against right wing zealots who are attempting to scapegoat pubic employees for their own political gain. His physical problems are self induced and obvious. More people kill themselves with a fork and spoon than any other device.

How much do you weigh dood? Your over the top concentration on his weight, seems odd.

I think both Christie and Palin would lose head to head against President Obama.

But you still want Palin to run, but you're glad Christie isn't. Thanks for answering.

How about ambassador to China Joh Huntsman? He speaks chinese, and China is a big issue nowadays.

How much do you weigh dood? Your over the top concentration on his weight, seems odd.

Rev, what business is that of yours? I will tell you that much like you, I am very concerned with diet and physical fitness. I have run over 2,000 miles every year since 1976 and take care of myself. I am slim and trim and want to live forever and am taking steps to try to come close to that goal.

considering he's also defending the right of public sector union members to fatten themselves at the trough of taxayer dollars, it's also quite ironic.

considering he's also defending the right of public sector union members to fatten themselves at the trough of taxayer dollars, it's also quite ironic.

Not at all. What I am defending is a contract entered into by two adult parties of their own free will.

I was led to believe that conservatives respect contracts and consider the right to freely enter into a contract as one of their sacred tenets. Or did I miss the report of the meeting where they threw that all out the window with the election of Christie and have now betrayed their basic principles?

Not at all. What I am defending is a contract entered into by two adult parties of their own free will.

yes i've seen you use that cute line before. however, no, one of those parties (made up of the politicians in question) was negotiating on behalf of a third party; and that party in particular was negotiating in bad faith. even FDR knew that public sector unions were a bad idea.

I was led to believe that conservatives respect contracts and consider the right to freely enter into a contract as one of their sacred tenets. Or did I miss the report of the meeting where they threw that all out the window with the election of Christie and have now betrayed their basic principles?

contract law is important. however, we conservatives also believe in a process called bankruptcy.

look, you people have been taking public money and spending it electing politicans you could control who would increase your benefits packages ad infinitum. finally it has caught up to you, and public sector unions are facing the same brick wall that the private ones have: eventually, if the parasite grows too large, it kills the host.

Last edited:
Not at all. What I am defending is a contract entered into by two adult parties of their own free will.I was led to believe that conservatives respect contracts and consider the right to freely enter into a contract as one of their sacred tenets. Or did I miss the report of the meeting where they threw that all out the window with the election of Christie and have now betrayed their basic principles?

What about contracts for morgages? Between lender and borrower? Were you for helping the borrowers who couldn't afford to buy a house? Just curious.

What about contracts for morgages? Between lender and borrower? Were you for helping the borrowers who couldn't afford to buy a house? Just curious.

hmm.... good point; and then i would move on to social contracts. is the Constitution a fundamentally limiting document, best understood by accessing the Original Intent of its' Authors, or an evolving document that now allows for needed social change?

because if the second, then i'm just going to go ahead and say that union negotiations and contracts are just "living agreements" subject to later change in order to meet the "evolving needs" of the respective municipalities and states not to bleed massive amounts of money to union retirees.

from cpwill

yes i've seen you use that cute line before. however, no, one of those parties (made up of the politicians in question) was negotiating on behalf of a third party; and that party in particular was negotiating in bad faith.

You badly need to educate yourself on contracts and who signs them. The two parties who signed these contracts were the legal representatives empowered by those behind them and had full power and authority to enter into those agreements. Bad faith? I have no idea what you are talking about. Accusations of bad faith normally come in the midst of the negotiating process and NOT after years and years of repeated contracts with those terms in them and signed willingly by the legal representatives for both sides.

Try again to come up with some right wing trapdoor that lets you out of the normal conservative respect for the sanctity of the contract because this line of BS ain't cutting it.

Rev, what business is that of yours? I will tell you that much like you, I am very concerned with diet and physical fitness. I have run over 2,000 miles every year since 1976 and take care of myself. I am slim and trim and want to live forever and am taking steps to try to come close to that goal.

You run an average of 5 miles a day? o_O

Hows your knees...... :lol:

This contract you are whining about and calling christie "fat" over (classy).... Is killing my state.....

So while my governer works with both sides of the aisle fixing union messes. Opening up charter schools for kids with autism in newark and stuff.. You stay classy and intelligent by callig him "fat" :thumbs:

They need to distance themselves from that half wit.

I have a feeling Tim Pawlenty is going to sleaze his way into the limelight come primary season.

As a Minnesotan, this is a terrifying prospect. That guy makes all these grand principled stands. Principles which seem to change weekly, and never for the better.

Rev... i know you take care of yourself, exercise and eat properly... so lets put aside the politics for a moment .....

I have run 2,000+ miles a year going back to 1976 when I started training for my first marathon. With long distance running, you either have the body for it or you don't and I have been blessed. In 34 years the only real problem I have ever had is some tendonitis of the hip and that was easily dealt with and has never returned when I gave up the 60 to 80 mile weeks necessary for marathon training. Now, I pretty much run 40 per week with the occasional week where you miss a day due to the pressures of life. My best marathon was 3:15 and I finished in the top 15% of some 5,000 runners that day. But my marathon days and my speed are long gone. Now I am a 61 year old who does ten minute miles and the idea of 26 miles at a 7:30 pace is only a memory.

I have a feeling Tim Pawlenty is going to sleaze his way into the limelight come primary season.

As a Minnesotan, this is a terrifying prospect. That guy makes all these grand principled stands. Principles which seem to change weekly, and never for the better.

In all sincerity, I think a ticket of Romney and Pawlenty would be one of the strongest the GOP could field in 2012 to defeat Obama. Although it has no chance of actually happening because of the composition of both the party and the primary voters.

Rev... i know you take care of yourself, exercise and eat properly... so lets put aside the politics for a moment .....

I have run 2,000+ miles a year going back to 1976 when I started training for my first marathon. With long distance running, you either have the body for it or you don't and I have been blessed. In 34 years the only real problem I have ever had is some tendonitis of the hip and that was easily dealt with and has never returned when I gave up the 60 to 80 mile weeks necessary for marathon training. Now, I pretty much run 40 per week with the occasional week where you miss a day due to the pressures of life. My best marathon was 3:15 and I finished in the top 15% of some 5,000 runners that day. But my marathon days and my speed are long gone. Now I am a 61 year old who does ten minute miles and the idea of 26 miles at a 7:30 pace is only a memory.

That is a ton of pounding on those knees. That is just alot on those joints.
I have taken out one ACL and torn rotator cuff from Krav Maga fighting. Have surgically fixed the rotator cuff and still in sling. The ACL I will do without. Amazingly I can't even tell the knee has injury now. In last year have hurt it from hyperextending in fighting class but otherwise it works ok. Do wrap it though for any physical work.

I wonder if there is any merit into just putting a sleeve over those knees as a precaution when running? Knees are just so vulnerable.

Paul Ryan 2016

Ryan/Cain ? Cain/Ryan ?

I like them both

Video: Herman Cain speech to the SRLC « Hot Air 2010 speech

Is this man Obama's worst nightmare? tea party april 15 2010

Herman Cain - Presidential Exploratory Committee
VIDEO: Herman Cain on Sean Hannity Show: ‘The Sleeping Giant Has Awakened’ : The Other McCain He's running!

Video: Herman Cain challenges Bill Clinton on HillaryCare in 1994 « Hot Air Hillary care much like Obama care. Herman shows just how intelligent he is when it comes to running a business and how harmful Hillary care would be to business. Had Bill pretty speechless.

Back
Top Bottom