• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP needs a fresh face for 2012

More like it'll get more people behind her. They are not stupid enough to think she is connected in any way. If anything people are pissed that she was blamed to begin with.

yes ,rabid right wingers who will help her get nominated. But then the big blow out in November where she destroys the party.

I'm not sure. I guess it's still early, but I'm with you....come on guys....we're waiting.
Palin might be waiting to see who's running, and if she likes them she won't run. Maybe everyone's doing that?
Newt seems to be running, but I don't care about him.

I think she wants to run for sure... and Mitt...

I remember a political strategist for the GOP explained the history of the GOP primaries and their selection, and he predicted that Romney would win the nomination. :shrug:

I saw Jeb Bush on TV. Is he going to run? I sure hope not. We've had enough Bush bashing to last a live time. The libs need a new name to bash.

according to him he is not.

Well it seems that Jabba the Governor will NOT be running

Amid continued speculation about his presidential aspirations, Gov. Chris Christie denied again on Sunday that he would run in 2012, saying that he was not ready to be president. He hinted, however, that he might consider a run later on.

“You have got to believe in your heart that you’re personally ready to be president, and I’m not there,” Mr. Christie, a Republican, said during an interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday.

When Mr. Wallace prodded him about why not, Mr. Christie replied that every year of experience as governor would make a person better prepared to serve as president.

“I am not arrogant enough to believe that after one year as governor of New Jersey and seven years as the United States attorney that I’m ready to be president of the United States,” Mr. Christie said. “So I’m not going to run.”

Mr. Christie also emphasized that he had made a commitment to New Jersey and still had a lot of hard work to do to fix the state’s problems.

“No, I don’t think I can help New Jersey more in the White House than I can help it in the statehouse,” he said.

Nice to see some good news for a change.

he says he needs more experience. which to me says he's not running..... yet.

we will need him on the national stage as a governor when the states start turning to the Federal government for bailouts anyway. someone has to argue that we should tell California et. al. "no".

What about Ron Paul I would say he has a better chance now then he ever has before.

What about Ron Paul I would say he has a better chance now then he ever has before.

I dearly hope so. I could think of no individual with a better shot at creating an even larger debacle in 2012 for the Republicans than Sarah Palin would than Ron Paul.

he says he needs more experience. which to me says he's not running..... yet.

we will need him on the national stage as a governor when the states start turning to the Federal government for bailouts anyway. someone has to argue that we should tell California et. al. "no".

I suspect the 15 minutes of fame for Jabba the Gov are going to long expire before he is anywhere near ready.

I suspect the 15 minutes of fame for Jabba the Gov are going to long expire before he is anywhere near ready.

true believers will often come up with name calling and other intellectually empty attacks on the oposition to hide thier lack of depth of understanding other than thier own small perspective. Often they will make dismissive responses of anyone on the opposite side of the spectrum, and will not be able to if asked, name specifically what issues they take with the persons policies or positions, often by calling them names.

true believers will often come up with name calling and other intellectually empty attacks on the oposition to hide thier lack of depth of understanding other than thier own small perspective. Often they will make dismissive responses of anyone on the opposite side of the spectrum, and will not be able to if asked, name specifically what issues they take with the persons policies or positions, often by calling them names.

If you are going to attempt to use a term that you obviously are ill prepared to properly employ, you might want to use it at least the way it is normally done and capitalize True Believer since it is a title.

If you are going to attempt to use a term that you obviously are ill prepared to properly employ, you might want to use it at least the way it is normally done and capitalize True Believer since it is a title.

true believers will oftend correct grammar and spelling, capitalization, etc, instead of explaining why they choose to call the opposition names, instead of pointing out which of thier policies they disagree with, and why they think their opposition will fade.....

I dearly hope so. I could think of no individual with a better shot at creating an even larger debacle in 2012 for the Republicans than Sarah Palin would than Ron Paul.

Hardley, but its sad that someone who actually stands for freedom is mocked while the rest of the main stream f**k ups are praised......this country is screwed.

I think she wants to run for sure... and Mitt...

I'm trying to think of someone who would prevent her from running.
It would have to be someone who shared all of her values and could win in her mind. Then I think she would be content to just work to get him elected. I can't think of anyone right now who fits the bill.
Whoever wins, (if not palin) I'd like to see her appointed as energy czar, or oil and natural gas czar. Something like that where she has experience.

I remember a political strategist for the GOP explained the history of the GOP primaries and their selection, and he predicted that Romney would win the nomination. :shrug:

Yea, we picked a real winner in 2008.
However it was done, with the tea party movement, I hope it's done differently this time.
I don't want to have to hold my nose when I vote.
Romney might make a good addition to the WH in some capacity, but I hope it's not as President.

He's been saying he's not running forever. This is not news.

true believers will oftend correct grammar and spelling, capitalization, etc, instead of explaining why they choose to call the opposition names, instead of pointing out which of thier policies they disagree with, and why they think their opposition will fade.....

Its nearly falling down hilarious to watch you attempt to use a term that you have no idea how to use properly. I would not change a thing and please do continue.

I never taught elementary school but I have heard from others that the childrens retort "I know you are but what am I " is considered quite the comeback for third graders. That is exactly what you are doing here. I have used the term True Believer to describe people like you on the far right who let ideology dominate them. So you are stung by it, you are wounded by it, you are hurt by it and now you attempt to turn the tables by using it on me. If you did not care, you would not be bringing it up repeatedly and in such bad context and improper usage. Its funny.

You see Rev, I have NO ideology. I have NO philosophy. I have no altar I bow before and worship before. With me its strictly pragmatics as to what works for the American people. I don't care if that comes from progressives, conservatives or moderates.

I do not feel the need to label myself as you do. I do not feel the need to put myself on a page with a pin through it like a butterfly in a collection. But do continue your "I know you are but what am I" nonsense. Its good for a laugh or two.

Last edited:

I'm curious to know why you are pleased he's not running. You seem to have a dislike for the man.

On the other hand, you dislike Palin too, but you hope she runs.
My guess is you think he would trounce your man, Obama, and falsely think Palin would lose to him.
Am I right?

Its nearly falling down hilarious to watch you attempt to use a term that you have no idea how to use properly. I would not change a thing and please do continue.

I never taught elementary school but I have heard from others that the childrens retort "I know you are but what am I " is considered quite the comeback for third graders. That is exactly what you are doing here. I have used the term True Believer to describe people like you on the far right who let ideology dominate them. So you are stung by it, you are wounded by it, you are hurt by it and now you attempt to turn the tables by using it on me. If you did not care, you would not be bringing it up repeatedly and in such bad context and improper usage. Its funny.

True believers will often resort to long drawn out posts in order to avoid the questions on the topics that have been posed... True believers will often call out others as close minded often calling folks in this case "far right" who let "ideology" define them, even though the target of the true believers scorn in this case, is for gay marriage, repeal of DADT, Praises and gets along with the other side when presented with a sound argument, and generally gets along with folks all over DP. The True believer tends to be viewed by others as a left win partisan hack who makes shallow statements and resorts to name calling entire folks on the right of him in order to hide the fact he has nothing of substance to add..

You see Rev, I have NO ideology. I have NO philosophy. I have no altar I bow before and worship before. With me its strictly pragmatics as to what works for the American people. I don't care if that comes from progressives, conservatives or moderates.

The true believer often is blind to his being an idealougue and is often seen attacking others as intolerant, when it is he himself who is the intolerant one.

I do not feel the need to label myself as you do. I do not feel the need to put myself on a page with a pin through it like a butterfly in a collection. But do continue your "I know you are but what am I" nonsense. Its good for a laugh or two.

The true believer, however towards the end will always lose control of reality, and try to pidgeon hole his opposition with statements that do not match up with facts. It is a site to see...

I'm curious to know why you are pleased he's not running. You seem to have a dislike for the man.

On the other hand, you dislike Palin too, but you hope she runs.
My guess is you think he would trounce your man, Obama, and falsely think Palin would lose to him.
Am I right?

He is a fraud of the worst sort. Proof of this is his war on public employees in New Jersey and his complete demagoging of the education issue in his own state.

Would he fare well against President Obama? I am not even sure he would physically survive such an effort. I worry about the mans health and would not wish to see him suffer any calamity because of his obvious health issues.

from the rev

True believers will often call out others as close minded often calling folks in this case "far right" who let "ideology" define them, even though the target of the true believers scorn in this case, is for gay marriage, repeal of DADT,

it seems you also forgot to cite your many friendships of members of other races as further evidence of you non rightwingness.

To be honest with you, the two issues you cited mean nothing to me and I could not care less about them. What I do care about is the economic welfare of the American people and a just and sustainable society for this and future generations of Americans. And on that crucial battle ground, you are firmly and completely in the enemy camp.

from the rev

it seems you also forgot to cite your many friendships of members of other races as further evidence of you non rightwingness.

To be honest with you, the two issues you cited mean nothing to me and I could not care less about them. What I do care about is the economic welfare of the American people and a just and sustainable society for this and future generations of Americans. And on that crucial battle ground, you are firmly and completely in the enemy camp.

True believers will resort to back and forth platitudes trying to unring a bell so long ago rung...

btw... will you ever be addressing my direct questions to you regarding gov. Christie?

He is a fraud of the worst sort. Proof of this is his war on public employees in New Jersey and his complete demagoging of the education issue in his own state.

War on public employees? can you be specific?

demagogging of the education issue in my state? please can you be specific?

platitudes of true believers is not really fowarding this conversation.

Would he fare well against President Obama? I am not even sure he would physically survive such an effort. I worry about the mans health and would not wish to see him suffer any calamity because of his obvious health issues.

Attacking the man because he is fat. true believers when caught at the end of thier platitudes will often resort to this sort of intellectually empty rhetoric.

Thanks, I think you answered my question. You called it good news when you found out he wasn't running.You think he could win right?
You have basically the same dislike of Palin, yet you hope she runs. You think she would lose, right?
There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. I do the same thing. It's called politics. I remember freaking out when Obama came on the scene. I thought he would probably win. I thought Mccain had a better chance against Hillary.
I just want you to admit that you think Christie could win and that's why you are happy he's not running.

Amid continued speculation about his presidential aspirations, Gov. Chris Christie denied again on Sunday that he would run in 2012, saying that he was not ready to be president. He hinted, however, that he might consider a run later on.

“You have got to believe in your heart that you’re personally ready to be president, and I’m not there,” Mr. Christie, a Republican, said during an interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday.

When Mr. Wallace prodded him about why not, Mr. Christie replied that every year of experience as governor would make a person better prepared to serve as president.

“I am not arrogant enough to believe that after one year as governor of New Jersey and seven years as the United States attorney that I’m ready to be president of the United States,” Mr. Christie said. “So I’m not going to run.”

Mr. Christie also emphasized that he had made a commitment to New Jersey and still had a lot of hard work to do to fix the state’s problems.

“No, I don’t think I can help New Jersey more in the White House than I can help it in the statehouse,” he said.

I think 2012 is a little early for CC. (in a previous post I included 2016 for that reason)
That's why I put him as VP to Romney.
So even saying he's not a candidate for Prez doesn't mean he's not a candidate for VP.
If I was Romney, I would draft him

CC is viable to every GOPer from the Rove-wing to the Tea Party.
He has cut government substantially.
The ostensible but unrealized goal of most others.

And since the string topic is "Fresh faces".. I doubt there's a better one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom