• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP is clearly anti-LGBTQ, so how come they keep denying they are?

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

The GOP is clearly anti-LGBTQ, so how come they keep denying they are?​

renderTimingPixel.png

Is it bad faith arguments? Are they in denial about their own positions? I’m confused.

renderTimingPixel.png

Is it bad faith arguments? Are they in denial about their own positions? I’m confused.

Well to be fair
the GOP majority platform and the majority of GOP congress definitely leans anti-equal rights and anti-lgbt

but plenty of everyday idividual righties totally support equal rights and lgbt issues

Wait until they overturn Obergefell v. Hodges.

renderTimingPixel.png

Because they have to be appear to both anti-LGTBQ and pro-civil rights. Remember, we only have two political parties and those parties have to encompass a broad range of opinions.

They can't be too openly anti-LGTBQ (as a party) because too much of their base supports things like gay marriage, gay adoptions, and anti-discrimination laws. They also can't openly be too pro-LGTBQ as another large part of their base wouldn't support them anymore. The party isn't monolithic and they have some very openly anti-LGBTQ, some openly pro, and most take this awkward middling stance where they don't take too hard of a stance either way and when asked will just say the "support civil rights".

renderTimingPixel.png

Looks like they arent

Because they have to be appear to both anti-LGTBQ and pro-civil rights. Remember, we only have two political parties and those parties have to encompass a broad range of opinions.

They can't be too openly anti-LGTBQ (as a party) because too much of their base supports things like gay marriage, gay adoptions, and anti-discrimination laws. They also can't openly be too pro-LGTBQ as another large part of their base wouldn't support them anymore. The party isn't monolithic and they have some very openly anti-LGBTQ, some openly pro, and most take this awkward middling stance where they don't take too hard of a stance either way and when asked will just say the "support civil rights".

Correct

the reason it always gets focused on though is allowing bigots and antirights people a platform is a bad look.
Its guilt by association unfortunately and while not fair, there is logic to it.

Im an independent BUT if i was a republican/conservative i would HAVE to leave the part because of how many bigoted anti-rights platforms that exist among the party . . .my integrity and civility just wouldn't allow me to stay.
Now everybody is different and thats me but im just saying that way many use the broad brush even though it is unfair

itis a dilemma for many and many have already left or chose to call themselves moderates etc but without real action it wont change

Log Cabin Republicans vote too ya know…

renderTimingPixel.png

because they are lying POS and their base of deplorables want to pretend they aren't racist, bigoted, selfish people who have no facts on their side and are wrong about everything. The GOP just plays their fool base so they can continue to enrich their donors and themselves.

renderTimingPixel.png

You are clearly confused. Most likely it's the media you consume.

renderTimingPixel.png

The left wants to hear approval of the LGBTQ lifestyle from the GOP and that's not coming. Accepting that this exists and approval are two different things. Their constitutional rights should not be infringed. The current studies say 1.2 to 6.8 % of the nations adults identify as LGBTQ. Those who do not approve of the lifestyle should not be expected to signal their approval as the left keeps demanding. Acceptance of the existence of this lifestyle and approval and not the same thing and those who do not approve should not be expected to voice approval. Rather, tolerance is what we see from those who disapprove. On a much lesser scale this is like those who disapprove of drinking or legalized recreational marijuana use. They disapprove, they accept it is the law in some places but they don't agree. They shouldn't be expected to do more than be tolerant. do not deny their rights, but don't shove it down their throats either.

The left wants to hear approval of the LGBTQ lifestyle from the GOP and that's not coming. Accepting that this exists and approval are two different things. Their constitutional rights should not be infringed. The current studies say 1.2 to 6.8 % of the nations adults identify as LGBTQ. Those who do not approve of the lifestyle should not be expected to signal their approval as the left keeps demanding. Acceptance of the existence of this lifestyle and approval and not the same thing and those who do not approve should not be expected to voice approval. Rather, tolerance is what we see from those who disapprove. On a much lesser scale this is like those who disapprove of drinking or legalized recreational marijuana use. They disapprove, they accept it is the law in some places but they don't agree. They shouldn't be expected to do more than be tolerant. do not deny their rights, but don't shove it down their throats either.
Tolerate it? Like this?

Everyone keeps saying they are
But a media channel does not represent a political party does it? Are we to understand that everything from Fox is an official GOP stance for their party?

then who elects these bozos ????
im not sure what your question has to do with anything
plenty of people dont vote, plenty of people are outnumbered in their views in certain areas, plenty of these people get elected after they say one thing but then do another

sadly this is how politics in america works and we have one of the lower participation rates, we are spoiled and take things for granted

renderTimingPixel.png

so the whole GOP is anti LGBTQ?

wow....my gay daughter is going to be so distraught

did you figure this out by reading a platform somewhere?

what led you to this wrong conclusion

Tolerate it? Like this?

so one idiots opinion is the whole GOP

does that mean i get to use every idiot on the left as the opinion of the entirety of the left?

i mean c'mon now....you all have bigger idiots than even we do.....and that is saying something

so the whole GOP is anti LGBTQ?

wow....my gay daughter is going to be so distraught

did you figure this out by reading a platform somewhere?

what led you to this wrong conclusion
Well they certainly aren't pro LGBT anything. Are you saying your daughter is a gay Republican? How did I figure it out? By listening to the congressmen and women who have been elected by the GOP and their stances in regards to these issues. Let's say 70% of Republicans are anti LGBT that is still a majority and therefore one can conclude that the majority of those who identify as such hold those same stances on the topic.

Well to be fair
the GOP majority platform and the majority of GOP congress definitely leans anti-equal rights and anti-lgbt

but plenty of everyday idividual righties totally support equal rights and lgbt issues
There was no GOP platform in 2020. Do they have one now? Yes, and I hear they like kittens and rainbows too.

"Republicans believe in liberty, economic prosperity, preserving American values and traditions, and restoring the American dream for every citizen of this great nation. As a party, we support policies that seek to achieve those goals. Our platform is centered on stimulating economic growth for all Americans, protecting constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms, ensuring the integrity of our elections, and maintaining our national security. We are working to preserve America's greatness for our children and grandchildren. The Republican Party's legacy -- we were originally founded in 1854 for the purpose of ending slavery -- compels us to patriotically defend America's values. As the left attempts to destroy what makes America great, the Republican Party is standing in the breach to defend our nation and way of life."

Stunning that the GOP lies even in this short statement of their beliefs. The Republican Party was not formed for the purpose of ending slavery, they formed to prevent slavery from expanding into new states and territories.

renderTimingPixel.png

The FRW verbally contradict their own policies so supporters can soothe themselves by cherry-picking their statements.

renderTimingPixel.png

I'm an independent. Convince me. Can you define what it means to be "anti-LGBTQ" and set forth your factual basis for asserting that the GOP is clearly anti-LGBTQ?

renderTimingPixel.png

Racists deny that they are racists. That is expected.

They hide their bigotry behind the religious protections of the First Amendment as a way to legitimatize it as a religious belief in an attempt to make it both socially acceptable and legally permissible.

1.) Jesus wasn't a bigot but was the opposite.

2.) Their cite of Leviticus 19 is blatant cherry picking because they ignore 99% of the commands of Leviticus.

Looks like they arent

Caitlyn Jenner does nothing for transgender people as a whole. She is a conservative and only looks out for her interests. She is hated in the community because of her narcissism.

so one idiots opinion is the whole GOP

does that mean i get to use every idiot on the left as the opinion of the entirety of the left?

i mean c'mon now....you all have bigger idiots than even we do.....and that is saying something
That guy isn't even in office. He lost a run for governor in 2019, and was a former State legislator. Obviously, he's not even beating out other Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom