• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP is clearly anti-LGBTQ, so how come they keep denying they are?

Racists deny that they are racists. That is expected.

They hide their bigotry behind the religious protections of the First Amendment as a way to legitimatize it as a religious belief in an attempt to make it both socially acceptable and legally permissible.

1.) Jesus wasn't a bigot but was the opposite.

2.) Their cite of Leviticus 19 is blatant cherry picking because they ignore 99% of the commands of Leviticus.
People who aren't racists also deny they are racists. That too is expected.

When you say "their bigotry" what do you mean, exactly? What view is expressed in the form of a religious view which you claim is "bigotry?"

Jesus may or may not have been a bigot. Nobody knows, and he may not even have really existed. However, the Jesus described in the New Testament was born in pre-Christian, Hebrew Israel, under Roman rule. At the time, the world was quite tribal, and he viewed the Jews as Yahweh's chosen people, meaning everyone else wasn't.

Cherry picking isn't bigotry. Leviticus 19 contains many prohibitions and guideposts. I mean, if I ever sleep with a female slave who was promised to another man, I will definitely be sure to bring a ram's head to the tent of meeting as a guilt offering so the priest can make atonement for me. But, beyond that, all bets are off.

I'm an independent. Convince me. Can you define what it means to be "anti-LGBTQ" and set forth your factual basis for asserting that the GOP is clearly anti-LGBTQ?
I'm not here to convince you of anything. I believe someone is anti LGBT if they want to stop two consenting adults from marrying, they are pre-occupied with people's sex organs and where they pee. Some even go as far as saying that people who support gays to have equal rights should be lined up and gunned down. To me that is not supportive. Let them live their lives as they see fit.

I'm not here to convince you of anything. I believe someone is anti LGBT if they want to stop two consenting adults from marrying, they are pre-occupied with people's sex organs and where they pee. Some even go as far as saying that people who support gays to have equal rights should be lined up and gunned down. To me that is not supportive. Let them live their lives as they see fit.

Most Republicans do not oppose same-sex marriage.

Let's not forget, though, that many people's views on same sex marriage evolved over time. Hillary Clinton said she believed that marriage was "a sacred bond between a man and a woman." Barack Obama opposed same sex marriage when he was elected in 2008. In the 2008 election, all the presidential contenders except for longshot candidates -- both Democrats and GOP -- were against same-sex marriage. So were the majority of Americans, polls showed. The law that Obergfell overturned was signed into law by Bill Clinton.

I'm not sure what you mean by being pre-occupied with sex organs and where they pee. Can you clarify? Who is concerned about organs and pee?

The guy who said the thing about the firing squad was some guy who lost a governorship bid in Mississippi -- to another Republican, and he lost his seat in the Mississippi state legislature to another Republican. He's an outlier.

Also, I can't tell you how many times I've seen Democrats calling for Trump supporters to be rounded up, arrested, imprisoned, and executed for Treason, so.... we can all learn a lesson in civility, I think.

Most Republicans do not oppose same-sex marriage.

Let's not forget, though, that many people's views on same sex marriage evolved over time. Hillary Clinton said she believed that marriage was "a sacred bond between a man and a woman." Barack Obama opposed same sex marriage when he was elected in 2008. In the 2008 election, all the presidential contenders except for longshot candidates -- both Democrats and GOP -- were against same-sex marriage. So were the majority of Americans, polls showed. The law that Obergfell overturned was signed into law by Bill Clinton.

I'm not sure what you mean by being pre-occupied with sex organs and where they pee. Can you clarify? Who is concerned about organs and pee?

The guy who said the thing about the firing squad was some guy who lost a governorship bid in Mississippi -- to another Republican, and he lost his seat in the Mississippi state legislature to another Republican. He's an outlier.

Also, I can't tell you how many times I've seen Democrats calling for Trump supporters to be rounded up, arrested, imprisoned, and executed for Treason, so.... we can all learn a lesson in civility, I think.
But you are trying to argue that they aren't anti LGBT. Of course one crazy person does not make the whole but one can conclude that if he or she says X people should be killed then they certainly are against those people.

Re the pee comment : https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...tives-increasingly-care-where-you-pee-180669/

The 2016 Republican platform suggests the party is still fairly anti-LGBTQ, opposing same-sex marriage and same-sex parents, and supporting anti-transgender bathroom laws and conversion therapy. But a new survey on Americans’ values and political views, by the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI), suggests a much more mixed story.

But you are trying to argue that they aren't anti LGBT. Of course one crazy person does not make the whole but one can conclude that if he or she says X people should be killed then they certainly are against those people.

Re the pee comment : https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...tives-increasingly-care-where-you-pee-180669/
No, I'm trying to understand the assertion being made - that Republicans ARE anti-LGBTQ. The person making the assertion bears the burden of proof.

Argument 1 was that anyone who opposes same-sex marriage is anti-LGBTQ. But, polls show like 60% of Republicans support same sex marriage, and the fact is, many of those who don't support "marriage," nevertheless support civil unions. So, it doesn't seem like it's a big point against the Republicans, whose position has "evolved" from being against same sex marriage, by and large, to now being by and large unopposed to it. And, Democrats had the same evolution, but evolved a few years sooner, but not many years. So, it's odd to say that Repulbicans are anti-LGBTQ because they used to overwhelmingly oppose same sex marriage, when the same can be said for Democrats, only the Democrats changed about 4 or 5 years before Republicans did.

Argument 2 - the crazy former Mississippi gubernatorial candidate - that example actually shows "the GOP" does NOT endorse such views, since that guy was essentially voted out of the legislature, and lost an election for governor to another Republican, who does not share his views. So, this crazy guy's ideas lost.

Argument 3 - where you pee - well initially no argument or support was offered for that allegation. It was just an assertion made. You've now offered support a Rolling Stone article entitled why Republicans increasingly care where you pee. Well, the article doesn't address anyone's concern for "where you pee." It addresses communal bathrooms, and which sex should use the men's or the ladies' room. Certainly, it can be argued that the proposed law in South Dakota (which the Republican governor vetoed, by the way) was over a concern for where people pee, the people that the bill was concerned with were males going into women's rooms (where women generally have been free from male presence for time immemorial). That's where women go to "freshen up" and to take care of hygienic issues as well as do their business. The reality is that most women don't particularly want people with cocks and balls going in there, as it's usually a female space. And, what people are concerned about is not so much the peeing, but the presence of males, which allows males who aren't really trans (but may be crackpot pervs who are going in there for pervy reasons) from going in there.

Further to argument 3, nobody really cares much if females use the men's room. It's pretty common, when a line at the ladies' room gets long, women will sometimes just go to the men's room. It's not as intimidating to men, most of the time. Usually a communal men's room is full of urinals, and guys just have to take their dicks out and they can relatively easily be viewed by others in the room. Generally, men aren't all that concerned if a woman wants to go in there. But, when men go in the women's room, it's more of a problem.

The translobby wants to say that a "transwoman" is a real woman, even if that person has a **** and balls, and pees standing up at a urinal. Well, most people don't really see it that way, and there are many women who wouldn't be too cool with it. It's not bigotry, really. It's just that it's been pretty normal for women to have a space to do various business without men around. And, now the translobby wants to say it's transphobic to suggest that women should have that space. Well, if that persuades you that Republicans are "anti-Trans" then I guess it persuades you. It doesn't seem to me to be too strong of an argument, though.

The GOP is clearly anti-LGBTQ, so how come they keep denying they are?​

renderTimingPixel.png

Is it bad faith arguments? Are they in denial about their own positions? I’m confused.
Trying to keep MtFs from crapping on opportunities for biological females in sports makes one "Anti-LGBT"?

Trying to keep MtFs from crapping on opportunities for biological females in sports makes one "Anti-LGBT"?
No, This is a legit issue. I personally feel they should have their own classification and play within those.

No, This is a legit issue. I personally feel they should have their own classification and play within those.
They ain't going to many sell boxes of Kellogg's Corn Flakes. The "flake" part hits way too close to home.

They ain't going to many sell boxes of Kellogg's Corn Flakes. The "flake" part hits way too close to home.
That comment sounds homophobic.

I honestly don't think most people care in 2022 except for a few hot button issues.

Sports
Children

Past that...I don't think LGBTQ+ is really on most people's radars....regardless of political affiliation...unless they are actively involved in advocacy.

So do tales of priests having sex with alter boys, but does that end the lawsuits?
Those tales are true and wouldn't be homophobic. That is pedophilia.

Why is it so hard for leftists to understand that we dont have a problem with what adults do...the conflicts come when leftist deviant shitheads begin targeting children.

Maybe leftists 'understand'...they just dont like getting caught.

Separate but equal? Sound bigoted and rather anti -LGBTQ+

Get them trained young and they will be a pushover when they are mature.
Your tone is really creepy and one could conclude from it you are promoting pedophilia. Please don't quote me again. Thanks in advance.

so one idiots opinion is the whole GOP

does that mean i get to use every idiot on the left as the opinion of the entirety of the left?

i mean c'mon now....you all have bigger idiots than even we do.....and that is saying something
Using the same measure as exhibited by the OP everyone in the Democrat party is exactly like AOC, right?

Sure it is. You do not accept Lia Thomas as a real woman.
I don't care what she is or is not. It's not my concern.

I don't care what she is or is not. It's not my concern.
Your thread is not about support for the LGBQT movement? S/he is the LGBQT movement poster child

Back
Top Bottom