• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP continues to use Hitler's BIG LIE theory

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hitler used the big lie theory to take over Germany and take them to war. My interpretation of the theory is to tell not a small lie, but a very big one and even if it is proved false, keep telling it because those who want or need to believe will do so. Now we have the big lie of Trump won the election by a huge amount and is not president because of fraud and the rigging of the election. Although this has proven wrong in multiple ways, the GOP continues to spout it and has used it to pass voter suppression laws in states it controls. Then we have the CRT is being taught to our school children, which is false, but the GOP continues to spout the lie and has used it to pas laws that out law the teaching about slavery and racism with laws that say do not make our children feel bad about themselves. The latest big lie is that certain books being taught or available in our schools and libraries teach our children to be gay. Of course it is a lies but the GOP is using this lie to ban books in schools and libraries where they control the government or the school boards. So the GOP is continually using the big lie to engage and encourage their people to get to the polls and vote and they will. Just remember, the same thing happened in Germany in the 1930's.

Something different between the 1930's and now is the modern technology for messaging the Nazis couldn't have dreamed of - 24x7 cable, talk radio, 24x7 social media. It's clear that there is a big industry of propagandists turning a third of Americans into zombie-like supporters of the right-wing with these tools they can convince of just about anything it appears. Sandy Hook was faked! Qanon! Pedophiles! Just ask Alex Jones followers.

Maybe both sides should be less economical with the truth.

If some Republicans are lying when they say the 2020 election was rigged, then some Dems are also lying when they say that violent crime is due to poverty.

Both sides are using the "Big Lie."

Hopefully, on the 2024 Presidential ballot, we will not have the names of Biden or Harris or Trump.

A platoon of Straw Men are readied for battle.

Watch how when one burns to the ground, another is constructed.
We are fully aware of your tactics, but thanks for coming clean anyway.

A platoon of Straw Men are readied for battle.

Watch how when one burns to the ground, another is constructed.
Now that was really stupid and it says nothing about what I wrote in the OP. Maybe that is because what I wrote is true and you really have nothing to say as a counter argument.

Maybe both sides should be less economical with the truth.

If some Republicans are lying when they say the 2020 election was rigged, then some Dems are also lying when they say that violent crime is due to poverty.

Both sides are using the "Big Lie."

Hopefully, on the 2024 Presidential ballot, we will not have the names of Biden or Harris or Trump.
Have we ever had a president that in just four years told over 20,000 lies and now continues to tell the big lie about the election? Can you name one please?

Now that was really stupid and it says nothing about what I wrote in the OP. Maybe that is because what I wrote is true and you really have nothing to say as a counter argument.

I won't dance with your straw army.

I won't dance with your straw army.

You have no idea what a strawman is, do you?

The metaphorical strawman, in strawman fallacy, is what you fight (argue) against. Not fight with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom