• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The God of Israel

Southern Belle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
If you look at God in the Bible like a father, and take the Bible as a whole, you will see everything He's done or promises to do will only mean good. His is the standard, he is Holy, Pure, Light, Love, Rightous Just and trustworthy. He does have his reasons for treating nations the way he did in the OT, but he knows what he is doing whether we understand it or not. Those were real people's lives, and if you read of them, he ALWAYS took care of those who trusted in Him. Of course, not even the Israelites were perfect, so he judged them as he saw fit, and they went back and forth obeying and disobeying, but he hasn't forgotten them. It says some of Israel will be saved, and I think that will be a perfect ending to a perfect story.

We are broken from the inside out. The Bible is the cure for your very being, it speaks right to your soul and tells you what is good and what is right and what isn't. It also lets us know that as humans we just can't achieve true goodness, we just can't because it's physically impossible. God can't let us near him or our flesh would die, and he can't let our sinful selves in heaven to walk around corrupting everything like we corrupted everything down here. Even when we speak to each other, and talk each other into doing something that isn't right, we are the cause of some kind of harm or consquence that happens to someone else. God kicked his most beautiful angel Lucifer out of heaven because of his Pride, because he wanted to be God, and Lucifer, knowing God face-to-face, made his choice, and so did a third of the angels.

Evil is not the opposite of good, evil is the absense of God, just like darkness is the absense of light and cold is the absense of heat. We are seperated from God right now, which is why the world is and has basically always been in turmoil.

Jesus Christ is truly the only way back to the Father, because the wages of sin is death and even the Israelites needed innocent sacrifices to clean their sins until Christ came as the ultimate payment for everyone. He didn't have to, but he loved us and wanted us, even despite all the horrible stuff we do to everything and to each other, and to Him. If you choose Him and His ways, he will come into your heart and care for you as one of His children. He created you, he knows exactly who you are, how you feel and what you need, and he will turn no one away. He's not a religion, he is Goodness itself, and the way to life.

If you think that you need a church or something else besides the work on the Cross, suppose you don't know God and you woke up one day and everyone and everything was gone except for you and a Bible. There were no more churches for you to join, no people to baptize you and no good deeds to do, and all you had was the Bible and Gospel to believe in. Jesus' work would have to be enough for you because everything else wouldn't be able to help. Or, pretend not even the Bible was there, but you had heard the gospel before and that's all you had to go on. It would have to be enough. So simple a child can understand.

I hope anyone who truly wants to find hope and peace, please look to the Bible. Test the morals and charecter of the Bible with any other religion, and there will be some kind of flaw in all the other gods or ways. I've done it myself, none of those other gods even act right, they even sin themselves. God is the true standard.

Sorry if it's kinda rambling but I just wanted to say that. :)

I hope anyone who truly wants to find hope and peace, please look to the Bible. Test the morals and charecter of the Bible with any other religion, and there will be some kind of flaw in all the other gods or ways. I've done it myself, none of those other gods even act right, they even sin themselves. God is the true standard.

Out of curiosity, if you can justify the god of the OT slaughtering thousands of innocent Egyptian children, what exactly did Buddha do that you considered a deal breaker?

How about I just be a good person without all the lies?

Heh. Interesting ..... o_O

Out of curiosity, if you can justify the god of the OT slaughtering thousands of innocent Egyptian children, what exactly did Buddha do that you considered a deal breaker?

Buddha is just another person who thinks humans can become perfect if they think long and hard enough about being perfect. But when you are broken you can't fix yourself. Tell me have you ever seen anything that was broken ever fix itself? I know Nirvana sounds nice, but humans just aren't capable of it. Plus his stuff that I've read just doesn't sound logical, he wants to lose himself in WHAT? To God, we are all valued and wonderfully made, and he doesn't want to distroy us so we can be perfect, he wants to fix us to be perfect but keep us.

How about I just be a good person without all the lies?

Have you ever harmed or spoke against another person or spoke against God? Lied, stolen, coveted, lusted after someone, been Prideful or even hated? Then it's too late for you to be a good person. Good people don't do those things. There is none good but one, that is God.

Heh. Interesting ..... o_O

I've probably not read about every God, but I know something about a bit of them, and they just don't have what we need. I don't belong in Allah's heaven because it's full of perverts. Valhallah and Olympus are only for heroes and the Greek Gods were lunatics that tormented each other and humans. There was no love in them, they wouldn't have sacrificed themselves out of love. The Island people sacrificed humans to the Volcano. God sacrificed himself WITH Jesus's consent, AND Mary's consent to bare Jesus.

Have you ever harmed or spoke against another person or spoke against God? Lied, stolen, coveted, lusted after someone, been Prideful or even hated? Then it's too late for you to be a good person. Good people don't do those things. There is none good but one, that is God.
I'm sorry that you think that way because I don't believe God created junk. I'm sure your religion gives you comfort, which is a wonderful thing. But to think that we're not good people because we're not perfect, well, again, that's not my God.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you think that way because I don't believe God created junk. I'm sure your religion gives you comfort, which is a wonderful thing. But to think that we're not good people because we're not perfect, well, again, that's not my God.

But we aren't junk! Hell is not even meant for us, but if we don't let Jesus cleanse us, there will be nowhere else for us to go. Once we confess that we need the Lord to take our sin, our spirit is regenerated or born again, and we can go to heaven, and get reconnected to our creator. I want to learn how to be good, and I also desire to be clean and to go home to my Heavenly Father and best friend when they are ready for me.

I've probably not read about every God, but I know something about a bit of them, and they just don't have what we need. I don't belong in Allah's heaven because it's full of perverts. Valhallah and Olympus are only for heroes and the Greek Gods were lunatics that tormented each other and humans. There was no love in them, they wouldn't have sacrificed themselves out of love. The Island people sacrificed humans to the Volcano. God sacrificed himself WITH Jesus's consent, AND Mary's consent to bare Jesus.

God sacrificed nothing.
Jesus did not die on the cross for me.

But I'll give you Mary. She was wonderful

Last edited:
God sacrificed nothing.

What is it about Jesus that you don't like? I'm genuinly curious. And I'm sure Mary was wonderful, she had to be, but even she called Jesus her savior.

God sacrificed nothing.

I find it interesting that you would post on this topic and disavow someone else's religion. Most of us on this site woudn't bother to disavow yours.

@ Southern Bell -- Well, I guess I'm going to say more than I intended, just because I have to say it every once in a while. No disrespect to your beliefs or to the Bible -- I accept some of it and reject others. But that's just me. And you and everyone else in the world is entitled to theirs.

What kind of God creates imperfect beings? Why give us free will and then throw temptation at us at every turn? Then, in order to have a reason to forgive us requires that his son be crucified? He's God, he can just forgive. If you say no, then why? He's God.

Let's call him God the Father then. What kind of father has a son (you and I, because we're all God's children) and then doesn't forgive them when they sin -- UNLESS you accept Jesus Christ as your savior. And then, if you do that, you can pretty much do whatever you want. The fathers I know would walk through hot coals for their sons....right OR wrong.

If you have a minister in your life whom you're close to ask him/her if he believes the Bible literally. I think you'll be very surprised at the answer.

I find it interesting that you would post on this topic and disavow someone else's religion. Most of us on this site woudn't bother to disavow yours.

@ Southern Bell -- Well, I guess I'm going to say more than I intended, just because I have to say it every once in a while. No disrespect to your beliefs or to the Bible -- I accept some of it and reject others. But that's just me. And you and everyone else in the world is entitled to theirs.

What kind of God creates imperfect beings? Why give us free will and then throw temptation at us at every turn? Then, in order to have a reason to forgive us requires that his son be crucified? He's God, he can just forgive. If you say no, then why? He's God.

Let's call him God the Father then. What kind of father has a son (you and I, because we're all God's children) and then doesn't forgive them when they sin -- UNLESS you accept Jesus Christ as your savior. And then, if you do that, you can pretty much do whatever you want. The fathers I know would walk through hot coals for their sons....right OR wrong.

If you have a minister in your life whom you're close to ask him/her if he believes the Bible literally. I think you'll be very surprised at the answer.

God didn't create imperfect beings. Evil is what happens without God. Some of the angels decided they didn't want God anymore, or THEY wanted to BE God (who is also THEIR creator) and what they got was sin. Then they want to drag us down with them so they tempted Adam and Eve and instead of asking God about the serpent, they just bought the lie that they could be like God and they stole from God the one thing he kept from them, when he had so freely given everything else.

Fathers let children make mistakes and learn from them. If they don't learn, then the father lets them live with the consequenses, but he doesn't stop loving them, but if they want to move out and make it on their own without him, when they are old enough, he lets them. But if they decide to come home he will welcome them. Have you heard the story they call the Prodigal Son?

I didn't make the rules, but I do want to know right from wrong so I can be well-behaved. God says the wages of sin is death and he sets the time limit. His Creation, his rules. He's also given us thousands of years of history to learn from, how badly we behave without him in our lives, not just the Bible.

And I only go to churches that teach the Bible properly. There are many that don't.

Last edited:
Hi, Southern Belle -- You sound very devoted in your faith. I respect that. I appreciate the information you shared and wish you well.

What is it about Jesus that you don't like? I'm genuinly curious. And I'm sure Mary was wonderful, she had to be, but even she called Jesus her savior.

I love Isa as a Prophet of God.
There is no question of me 'disliking' him.

Buddha is just another person who thinks humans can become perfect if they think long and hard enough about being perfect

Meditation and prayer are both means of solving problems by thinking about them. What makes you choose one over the other?

But when you are broken you can't fix yourself. Tell me have you ever seen anything that was broken ever fix itself?

Of course, when I broke my arm, my own body healed the injury. Nearly all life is capable of fixing itself.

I know Nirvana sounds nice, but humans just aren't capable of it.

Why not? What makes salvation and nirvana so different. They are each a belief in escaping the suffering of the material world we live in.

To God, we are all valued and wonderfully made, and he doesn't want to distroy us so we can be perfect, he wants to fix us to be perfect but keep us.

Unless you happen to be a first born Egyptian, then God does in fact want to destroy you.

If someone is so touchy that my opinion of Jesus is enough to break their faith in God. They clearly were gonna lose it anyway and I just gave it a healthy nudge.

This is a forum to discuss. She created this thread and as a result opens herself up to discussion.
People do always have the option of clicking on the 'X' in the corner.

Laila, Are you a Muslim? Woman to woman, how can you wish to go to such a place as Allah's heaven? Are women not just property of dirty men there? Women are just as valued to God and Jesus. No matter what people say, women were not mistreated in the Bible. There were many great women in the Bible, Ruth, Esther, Sarai/Sarah, Mary, Martha, the nameless woman who gave Jesus ointment on his feet, Hagar, Samual's mother. They were not property, and their stories have just as much worth as the men's. We can learn from them as well. God wants NONE to parish.

There is something so much better then what Mohammed taught, and his version of heaven would be my personal hell.

Laila, Are you a Muslim? Woman to woman, how can you wish to go to such a place as Allah's heaven? Are women not just property of dirty men there? Women are just as valued to God and Jesus. No matter what people say, women were not mistreated in the Bible. There were many great women in the Bible, Ruth, Esther, Sarai/Sarah, Mary, Martha, the nameless woman who gave Jesus ointment on his feet, Hagar, Samual's mother. They were not property, and their stories have just as much worth as the men's. We can learn from them as well. God wants NONE to parish.

There is something so much better then what Mohammed taught, and his version of heaven would be my personal hell.
:shock:

Oh man ... Let me just back out of this thread now before I "disavow your religion"

Meditation and prayer are both means of solving problems by thinking about them. What makes you choose one over the other?

Because Buddha thinks in order to cure yourself you have to destroy yourself.

Of course, when I broke my arm, my own body healed the injury. Nearly all life is capable of fixing itself.

Okay, you got me on this one, I concede point.

Why not? What makes salvation and nirvana so different. They are each a belief in escaping the suffering of the material world we live in.

See above to the destroying part.

Unless you happen to be a first born Egyptian, then God does in fact want to destroy you.

That was a specific thing he had to do and he only did it because Pharoe did it to the Hebrews first, and if you remember that was the very last of 10 plauges. Pharoe could have prevented it long before then. God's never done that again, and we learned that Pharoe was so wicked he didn't care about his own nation's children. You don't think God hates Egyptian people do you? o_O

Oh man ... Let me just back out of this thread now before I "disavow your religion"

Oh man, you can't believe how really bizarre this whole string is to a non-indoctrinated/non-Kool-aided logical person.
Serious 'decultification' needed from the serially spurious Opening post right on down.

Last edited:

Sorry, I thought we were discussing different religions in the thread. You mentioned Isa, so I thought I'd ask your opinion. I'm sorry if I was too forward but I really was curious about that. It's okay, you don't have to answer. :)

Sorry, I thought we were discussing different religions in the thread. You mentioned Isa, so I thought I'd ask your opinion. I'm sorry if I was too forward but I really was curious about that. It's okay, you don't have to answer. :)

Oh I have no problem with discussing it, didn't want to derail your thread =P

But on the topic of your post.
I love God and my Prophets which yes, does include Jesus.
And as "woman to woman" I do not think Islam is any more or less "for" women than any other religion. The Qu'ran is the only holy book that has a entire chapter dedicated to the Mother of Jesus, Miriam. She is only one of eight who has a chapter dedicated to them and the Qu'ran goes beyond that and goes into her history. Her father Imran and Miriam's Mom are the few individuals to have the honour of being named by God in the Qu'ran.

Prophet Mohammed (May peace be upon him), he himself once said Many men were complete (in being virtuous) but only two women were ever complete: Mary daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh.“
Such honour has only been reserved previously for Moses, Jesus or Noah.
But if you want to know how "Pro Women" Islam is, look at the Qu'ran and hadiths and our history.
Prophet Mohammed (MPBUH) first wife was a businesswomen and the Prophet himself before he married her was under her command as a employee of her and the hadith also say it was her who proposed marriage to him not the other way around.
It was Aisha, another wife of the Prophet who after he died led troops into battle.
I can go on and on about examples in Islam's history.

I have never been treated as property by anyone but it is usually the accusation thrown at Muslim men which is false.
I am very content with being Muslim and I personally cannot wait till, God willing to discover whether I am worthy enough for heaven

Last edited:
Because Buddha thinks in order to cure yourself you have to destroy yourself.

That isn't true. Nothing in the eightfold path involves self destruction. Self-detachment perhaps, but not destruction.

]That was a specific thing he had to do and he only did it because Pharoe did it to the Hebrews first, and if you remember that was the very last of 10 plauges.

Would it not have been just to smite Pharoah himself for his crimes, not innocent children who were not at fault?

God's never done that again, and we learned that Pharoe was so wicked he didn't care about his own nation's children

So it is okay to kill children if the leader of their country don't care about them, but only once?

You don't think God hates Egyptian people do you?

Imagine that Abraham Lincoln had decided to deliver the same biblical punishment on the Confederacy, as both Pharoah and the confederates indulged in the evil of slavery. Would you believe someone who said that Lincoln could order such a deed without hatred in his heart? Or would you consider it a just decision?

what the shi*!?

okay, first of all, why include an adjective like "dirty" in your statement that "women are owned by dirty men in Allah's heaven"? i mean, isn't it enough that the women are owned by men? or is the deal breaker for you the fact that they smell like goat shi* and have beetles and roaches crawling out of their beards? okay, next, if men can't own women in heaven, then count me out. it certainly beats eating fish and bread and drinking piss warm holy water for all of eternity.

now, none of the women in the bible were "great" by today's standards. in fact, most of the guys who nailed those women in tents would be prosecuted today for dozens of heinous crimes, dragged by their shi*tty tunics and beards to a maximum security prison. abraham totally banged a slave when his wife's ancient uterus failed to perform (not to mention abraham was allegedly 90 years old ...), jacob was called "mr. bitches" by his tribesmen because he had so many sexy wives, etc. most of these women got nailed by men 70 years older than them and raised their children alongside women who had children from the same man. biblical patriarchs were awesome players with tons of wives and property and like fifty kids each, and they didn't pay a dime of child support. can you imagine them tearing up nightclubs? they must have spit some hot game, hoo boy.

finally, women in biblical times were totally considered property, they had bar-codes on their ass-cheeks and were sold and traded like regular merchandise, like "3 coins for this mulatto whore", and a guy in the marketplace would counter "2 coins, and only if she's in mint condition". this is true, it's in the bible, toward the end in saint paul's corinthians called "shame on a bitch" (thats the best i could translate it from greek). so, is that what you call heaven? staring at wrinkly penis for half the day, and raising illegitimate kids the other half? for shame, it's heaven for chissake! you should indulge and whore out, let's not miss the mark and forget what heaven is all about.

Back
Top Bottom