• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The God of Israel

Buddha is just another person who thinks humans can become perfect if they think long and hard enough about being perfect. But when you are broken you can't fix yourself. Tell me have you ever seen anything that was broken ever fix itself? I know Nirvana sounds nice, but humans just aren't capable of it. Plus his stuff that I've read just doesn't sound logical, he wants to lose himself in WHAT? To God, we are all valued and wonderfully made, and he doesn't want to distroy us so we can be perfect, he wants to fix us to be perfect but keep us.

Have you ever harmed or spoke against another person or spoke against God? Lied, stolen, coveted, lusted after someone, been Prideful or even hated? Then it's too late for you to be a good person. Good people don't do those things. There is none good but one, that is God.

While I have not seen it in person but a glass lizard fixes itself after it's tail is broken off, a few worms can regrow their heads, people have a remarkable ability to "fix" broken bones.

My car or bike on the other hand require intervention, it would be nice if it was divine, but a regular mechanic can do it at a high cost

Ahh, thanks for answering. :) Mohammed said that those men were complete, and that's where the Bible disagrees, because even Moses and Noah were sinners. The message of the Bible is that all have fallen short of the glory of God, except Jesus. That means no work can save someone. The righteous shall live by faith. Abraham believed and it was counted to him for righteousness. Noah believed God, and Moses did.

I'm glad to hear that you aren't property. :) I have heard some horrible stories, especially about baby girls. :(

How does Allah decide who is worthy?

Also, this is just me, but I feel that one man and one woman is how God designed us, and I personally think multiple partners is very gross, just very much so. That's why I said I wouldn't belong there, that wasn't a slam, I was just saying that about myself btw. I wouldn't be able to take it.

Last edited:
That isn't true. Nothing in the eightfold path involves self destruction. Self-detachment perhaps, but not destruction.

It says to me that something's wrong with God's creation since we were made in his image. I just don't buy it.

Would it not have been just to smite Pharoah himself for his crimes, not innocent children who were not at fault?

So it is okay to kill children if the leader of their country don't care about them, but only once?

Imagine that Abraham Lincoln had decided to deliver the same biblical punishment on the Confederacy, as both Pharoah and the confederates indulged in the evil of slavery. Would you believe someone who said that Lincoln could order such a deed without hatred in his heart? Or would you consider it a just decision?

The rest is where trust comes in. I won't pretend to have the answers, I just know he has his reasons. But why was Pharoh keeping the Hebrews as slaves? God punishes wickedness, and we can't understand everything.

Have you ever harmed or spoke against another person or spoke against God? Lied, stolen, coveted, lusted after someone, been Prideful or even hated? Then it's too late for you to be a good person. Good people don't do those things. There is none good but one, that is God.

And there are the lies I mentioned. I call BS. Sure, I've been proud of myself from time to time, and I do tell a few white lies. And if you believe that makes me a bad person, then you need some serious help.
circular-reasoning-in-creationism.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, you can't believe how really bizarre this whole string is to a non-indoctrinated/non-Kool-aided logical person.
Serious 'decultification' needed from the serially spurious Opening post right on down.

Please tell me it's parody.

And there are the lies I mentioned. I call BS. Sure, I've been proud of myself from time to time, and I do tell a few white lies. And if you believe that makes me a bad person, then you need some serious help.
circular-reasoning-in-creationism.jpg

You know that's actually the crux of the issue. Either someone realizes they need a Savior or they don't. The message of the Bible convicts the heart and separates right and wrong. Everyone's free to make that very choice. That's why Jesus is different from the other religions, because they all have some kind of manmade work attached, or a heaven that pleases men's carnal sin nature (being a "hero" in Olympus makes you earn a "better" title than someone else, feeding on pride and boasting, and Jesus's free gift makes no one be able to boast) and why Jesus said the path to eternal life is narrow and the path to destruction is wide. It has to do with whether you need him or not.

You know that's actually the crux of the issue. Either someone realizes they need a Savior or they don't. The message of the Bible convicts the heart and separates right and wrong. Everyone's free to make that very choice. That's why Jesus is different from the other religions, because they all have some kind of manmade work attached, or a heaven that pleases men's carnal sin nature (being a "hero" in Olympus makes you earn a "better" title than someone else, feeding on pride and boasting, and Jesus's free gift makes no one be able to boast) and why Jesus said the path to eternal life is narrow and the path to destruction is wide. It has to do with whether you need him or not.

Lol. You sound like a car salesman, the way you are talking about how Christianity is a great and loving religion, without ever really saying anything at all.

Let's pretend that Christianity is loving and dandy religion that has never done anything wrong or bad. What makes you so sure it's right? Do you have any evidence to say that Jesus really was the son of god, or even existed? Or is it all based on people making you feel like a monster over nothing, and a fuzzy warm feeling you get in your gut by telling yourself that someone loves you?

Lol. You sound like a car salesman, the way you are talking about how Christianity is a great and loving religion, without ever really saying anything at all.

Let's pretend that Christianity is loving and dandy religion that has never done anything wrong or bad. What makes you so sure it's right? Do you have any evidence to say that Jesus really was the son of god, or even existed? Or is it all based on people making you feel like a monster over nothing, and a fuzzy warm feeling you get in your gut by telling yourself that someone loves you?

no one has that evidence. it's called faith. of course, you have to take EVERY religious doctrine with a big grain of salt.

Well, the Bible is historically accurate when you think about all the countries and what happened to people. The universe is designed so beautifully and orderly. Even the creation story makes sense and is not random. First God set everything up, and then made animals and men. He says he made men in His own Image, and we are unique in this earth. And the chicken coming before the egg is now proven because creatures only can have babies after their own kind. In the middle east, they find stuff having to do with Israel and the Bible all the time. And I've thought about that if everyone lived by God's design then everything would be the best that it could be. The Bible just makes logical sense, minus all the confusion that sin has caused the world.

What? When you think about all the countries, creatures, etc. the bible does not seem historically accurate at all as a literal history of our world. And what's this nonsense about the chicken and the egg being "proven"? I'm sorry, but you're just not making any sense or presenting any kind of logical argument.

What? When you think about all the countries, creatures, etc. the bible does not seem historically accurate at all as a literal history of our world. And what's this nonsense about the chicken and the egg being "proven"? I'm sorry, but you're just not making any sense or presenting any kind of logical argument.

Well, all right, the beginning up until and through the Jewish history, through their perspective, and then the Messiah came and died for the world, promising to return as the King of Israel, and then the beginning of the church that the deciples began. And yes, I'm bad with time, but a week or two ago, there was news that an egg's shell can only harden with a protein found in a chicken's ovary, so the Chicken came first.

There is so many holes everywhere by the OP I don't know where to begin, I really don't.

Jews would disagree. Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus << Big time.

How do you feel about the rejection of Jesus among the Jewish people?

I believe it was in God's plan, and he still loves them, and he loves the rest of man as well.

Also, I'd like to apologize to anyone I've offended about the other gods. I meant this thread to intruduce God and his love to the best of my ability, but I had to tack on the bit about other gods at the end which I regret. I hope y'all will forgive me for that, but I stil stand by the rest of my OP. :)

I believe it was in God's plan, and he still loves them, and he loves the rest of man as well.

Also, I'd like to apologize to anyone I've offended about the other gods. I meant this thread to intruduce God and his love to the best of my ability, but I had to tack on the bit about other gods at the end which I regret. I hope y'all will forgive me for that, but I stil stand by the rest of my OP. :)

No worries, I can see by your OP that you are in awe of God right now, most responses have come from place of skepticism (or even hate) of christiantiy. I know how you are feeling though, when I first started studying religions and then read to the bible I was blown away. It just doesn't make for good proof-texting when most of what you are saying seems like fluff to those interested in debating the existance of God, not the wonders of his being.

That said, I'm with you sister/brother, I have similar feelings and it brings love into my heart and mind like nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom