• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The German way of thanksgiving

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The German way of thanksgiving:

Erntedank: Thanksgiving Customs in Germany and the USA
In the German-speaking countries, Thanksgiving is an autumn harvest celebration called Erntedank or Erntedankfest (“harvest thanksgiving festival”). The observance usually takes place in September or October, depending on the region. Similar harvest festivals are common in many countries and regions around the globe.

More: https://www.german-way.com/history-and-culture/holidays-and-celebrations/thanksgiving-in-germany/

Have you heard of it?

Do the Germans overeat and then get up early the next morning to trample other shoppers?

No Pilgrims in Deutschland? :)
There are some.
They walk a few miles to a fine old monastary with a brewery.
Have a few beers there - and then take the bus home.

"Wallfahrer" or "Pilger" in German :)

And here's the German way of saying "goodbye."

Pilgrims progress. I heard about that but I never paid attention to it. I don't like the idea of being a pilgrim of any kind.
Let us talk about the German way of thanksgiving.
Not about the progress of some pilgrims.

Back
Top Bottom