• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Geography teacher who said No

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The geography teacher who said no

The Russian school system is becoming more and more totalitarian, with teachers now required to indoctrinate the children into the ideology of Putin.

The geography teacher who said no

The Russian school system is becoming more and more totalitarian, with teachers now required to indoctrinate the children into the ideology of Putin.
Russian take on "Hitler-Jugend" might be next? Well, we'll see if a new law will surface: the regulation on the protection of young people (Zum Schutz der Jugend).

GOP legislatures here in the US are also passing laws to restrict what can be taught in schools.

GOP legislatures here in the US are also passing laws to restrict what can be taught in schools.
I know, together with laws that might suggest you already had your last democratic election. But I have noticed that you are not as upset as one would expect. There are more discussions regarding Trump than what really is going on.

You have a problem with comming together for a common goal. I asked in one thread why BLM didn't do common cause with other minority groups or with other interest groups. I was met with total puzzlement and comment like why should we, ....

I know, together with laws that might suggest you already had your last democratic election. But I have noticed that you are not as upset as one would expect. There are more discussions regarding Trump than what really is going on.

You have a problem with comming together for a common goal. I asked in one thread why BLM didn't do common cause with other minority groups or with other interest groups. I was met with total puzzlement and comment like why should we, ....

I don't live in a red state thank God.

The US Congress traditionally flips during midterm elections. Most Americans are actually not political creatures.

They need to be hit over the head to recognize such dangers. Much depends on 2024.

I don't live in a red state thank God.

The US Congress traditionally flips during midterm elections. Most Americans are actually not political creatures.

They need to be hit over the head to recognize such dangers. Much depends on 2024.
Yeah, but the laws made in red states as we speak means by and large that the senate in those states desides what votes are to be approved, when to stop counting and ultimatly that the senate itself desides who has won. Since some of those states did vote for Biden and you would need some of those states to vote democrat in order to winn the election... As I said, you might already have had your last democratic election, you just don't know it yet....

Yeah, but the laws made in red states as we speak means by and large that the senate in those states desides what votes are to be approved, when to stop counting and ultimatly that the senate itself desides who has won. Since some of those states did vote for Biden and you would need some of those states to vote democrat in order to winn the election... As I said, you might already have had your last democratic election, you just don't know it yet....

Well, strangely enough, we are in this fix due to Democrats Joe Biden (D/WV) and Kyrsten Sinema (D/AZ) who think the Senate filibuster is more important than our democracy.

Well, strangely enough, we are in this fix due to Democrats Joe Biden (D/WV) and Kyrsten Sinema (D/AZ) who think the Senate filibuster is more important than our democracy.
If you had the capability to go together for a cause regardless differences in other areas, you could change that. We do it al the time here in Europe, but for some reason you seem uncapable of it. It must have something to do with this "team" thinking. You back "your" team no matter what and they are never to be mixed.

If you had the capability to go together for a cause regardless differences in other areas, you could change that. We do it al the time here in Europe, but for some reason you seem uncapable of it. It must have something to do with this "team" thinking. You back "your" team no matter what and they are never to be mixed.

I am an Independent and have no "team".

That said I recognized the dangers of Trump and Trumpism and have opposed this movement vehemntly.

The two Democrat Senators are dirty and will do what they are told. Manchin is owned by the coal industry and Sinema by the pharmaceutical industry.

I am an Independent and have no "team".

The "No team" is still a team.

That said I recognized the dangers of Trump and Trumpism and have opposed this movement vehemntly.

The two Democrat Senators are dirty and will do what they are told. Manchin is owned by the coal industry and Sinema by the pharmaceutical industry.

They are not your Senators. Arizonians and W Virginians get to deal with them. Even as a "No team" you got your say in the selection of some Senators. Assuming you are not in DC.

The filibuster is a decision of the democratic process.

How do you know they are not my Senators?

Back
Top Bottom