• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The genius of President Trump

Those who can, do. Those who can't work for the government.

The theory is correct as in the case of Trump. I’ll run it by my mailmen, cops, firefighters and any vets I see to make sure.

As far as I'm concerned, GOP leadership are RINO's - McConnell and Ryan and their seconds are big government, big spending, open borders liberals.

President Trump is the true conservative who wants less powerful, less costly, more efficient government. This "government shutdown" is his opportunity. As I understand it, here are the departments that will shut down:

Department of the Treasury
Department of Agriculture
Homeland Security Department
Department of the Interior
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Transportation
Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

I see Homeland Security, Interior and HUD as departments that serve a useful purpose, I'd want to keep more or less intact.
I see a great opportunity to strike a blow against th deep state and big government if President Trump would cut down all of the remaining departments - especially State and Justice.

Could this be the Trump plan - get the Democrats to shut down the government, then have a massive layoff after it is recognized those departments add little to government services and efficiency - and he could blame most of the problem ofn the Democrats for allowing this to happen.

President Trump is a genius who leaves his detractors breathing the dust of his many victories.

Taking a seven car caravan across the street to Blair House to meet with the Bush Family doesn’t seem very economically prudent to me. And that is only one example of his waste.

Taking a seven car caravan across the street to Blair House to meet with the Bush Family doesn’t seem very economically prudent to me. And that is only one example of his waste.

It's cheaper than treating a bullet wound.

he's a drooling idiot.

You are talking about a human being. Sorry dude, but that sort of talk isn't right. Talk policies, talk issues, but please...

You are talking about a human being. Sorry dude, but that sort of talk isn't right. Talk policies, talk issues, but please...

i call it like i see it. we have a president who would be one of the worst debaters on this site. i'm supposed to entrust the safety of my family to that without at least bitching on a message board? nope. he's a drooling idiot.

As far as I'm concerned, GOP leadership are RINO's - McConnell and Ryan and their seconds are big government, big spending, open borders liberals.

President Trump is the true conservative who wants less powerful, less costly, more efficient government. This "government shutdown" is his opportunity. As I understand it, here are the departments that will shut down:

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

I see Homeland Security, Interior and HUD as departments that serve a useful purpose, I'd want to keep more or less intact.
I see a great opportunity to strike a blow against th deep state and big government if President Trump would cut down all of the remaining departments - especially State and Justice.

Could this be the Trump plan - get the Democrats to shut down the government, then have a massive layoff after it is recognized those departments add little to government services and efficiency - and he could blame most of the problem ofn the Democrats for allowing this to happen.

President Trump is a genius who leaves his detractors breathing the dust of his many victories.

There is no Trump plan. Trump didn't even plan on becoming president. his only plan was more Fame for his brand. Donald Trump is not a conservative, conservatives don't give massive tax cuts for super rich people when the economy is doing well as it would grossly increase the deficit.

i call it like i see it. we have a president who would be one of the worst debaters on this site. i'm supposed to entrust the safety of my family to that without at least bitching on a message board? nope. he's a drooling idiot.

It really makes for a good discussion, doesn't it.
"He's an idiot", "he is a genius", "tRUMP" "he's a Kenyan" "he's a race baiter", "he ain't got no BC" "Obummer" Wow, how low can we, as a nation, go? If you want to discuss the safety of your family, start your grievances there and maybe come up with some solutions and alternatives. "he's a drooling idiot" is not an argument. It just speaks of the same desperation and frustration so many whimpered about during the last administration.

The economy might actually grow more than expected with fewer bureaucrats impeding commerce.

Simplisticism is the province of simpletons, who in turn elect morons like Donald Trump who offer only unworkable simplistic solutions to complex problems

It really makes for a good discussion, doesn't it.
"He's an idiot", "he is a genius", "tRUMP" "he's a Kenyan" "he's a race baiter", "he ain't got no BC" "Obummer" Wow, how low can we, as a nation, go? If you want to discuss the safety of your family, start your grievances there and maybe come up with some solutions and alternatives. "he's a drooling idiot" is not an argument. It just speaks of the same desperation and frustration so many whimpered about during the last administration.

i'm not desperate. he is a drooling idiot, though. he can't be bothered to pick up a book, he barely speaks in full English sentences, and most of those sentences are heavily reliant on superlatives. yeah, that's not the sort of person that i want leading the most fearsome military that humankind has ever known. it also looks like he's a piss poor criminal. FFS, this is a debacle. i like you, and i'm sorry if i have annoyed you, but i'm not going to stop pointing this kind of thing out.

i'm not desperate. he is a drooling idiot, though. he can't be bothered to pick up a book, he barely speaks in full English sentences, and most of those sentences are heavily reliant on superlatives. yeah, that's not the sort of person that i want leading the most fearsome military that humankind has ever known. it also looks like he's a piss poor criminal. FFS, this is a debacle. i like you, and i'm sorry if i have annoyed you, but i'm not going to stop pointing this kind of thing out.

Anyone care to speculate what the Trump Presidential Library will look like? Perhaps half-page memos? Curated by the headline writers from the National Inquirer.

Last edited:
Anyone care to speculate what the Trump Presidential Library will look like? Perhaps half-page memos? Curated by the headline writers from the National Inquirer.

it will probably look like the rest of them. someone will put a bunch of books in there that he has never read and there will be a lot of pictures of him signing stuff while making a serious expression. there will also be a lot of photos of meetings where his sycophants kiss his ass and wait for him to go to jail so they can cash in.

Simplisticism is the province of simpletons, who in turn elect morons like Donald Trump who offer only unworkable simplistic solutions to complex problems

Turning everything into Rube Goldberg machines doesn't result in improved performance.

Turning everything into Rube Goldberg machines doesn't result in improved performance.

In point of fact, the premise in my comment is actually the opposite of yours.

Nice try, though.

The 400,000 government employees who will not be receiving a pay check may differ with your assessment of Trumps political savvy. I assuming you are not a Federal Employee, you got yours so who cares about those who will not be receiving a midmonth pay. Typical Rightie

To date, no matter the president, Fed workers have not lost one dime of their earnings.

I have walked down that street and unless they removed the concrete that blocks the road, it is not possible to drive any car on that street adjacent to the White House.

635677119634628563-AP-BOMBING-SECURITY-307729.JPG

WASHINGTON— The Secret Service closed down Pennsylvania Avenue to vehicular traffic 20 years ago Wednesday, dismaying drive-by tourists and D.C. commuters but delighting street-hockey enthusiasts and protesters who now enjoy four lanes of open space.

The May 20, 1995 installation of barricades in front of the Treasury Building and the Eisenhower Executive Office Building — first temporary, then permanent — followed security breaches at the White House that sound all-too-familiar two decades later.

A drunken pilot flying a light plane crashed onto the South Lawn in 1994, revealing that theSecret Service did not have a working phone link to air traffic controllers. Shortly afterward, a man with an semiautomatic rifle fired at the White House before being tackled by a tourist.

But the real catalyst for the closure came from bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City weeks before.

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

I agree i hate the gop
i will support anybody WHO WILL STOP THE 3RD WORLD INVASION TO USA!!

ITS THE MOST IMP ISSUE BY FAR .

Oh Trump is not merely a drooling idiot. He's utter swine. A pig about whom pigs would feel dirty. A serial-molester who bragged about walking in on teenage beauty contestants in their locker room. A proud grabber of "******s", which we all know reflects the highest eloquence of the English language. And no, that tape is not normal "locker room" talk. I've heard all sorts of **** in locker rooms (wrestling, football, gym), but nothing like that.

Trump is scum.

It is not immoral to name scum "scum".

Where do you draw the invisible and moveable line?

Surely there are humans you think deserve worse monikers than "drooling idiot" or "utter swine." Pol-Pot? Stalin? Hitler? Right...there are terrible people, far more monstrous than Trump. You wouldn't wring your hands about a label being given to them, would you? (WOULD you?).

So why is Trump better enough than those worse monsters that he cannot himself be called a "drooling idiot"?

Oh, PS, and where are all those posts where you throw moral rage at fellow right-wingers about how awful the things they are saying about "the left" are? About Hillary? About Obama?

To date, no matter the president, Fed workers have not lost one dime of their earnings.

True, but as a former Fed employee I can tell from personal experience that we have had pay delayed. For the working class that sucks, but Trump does not give a toss about the working class.

You mean it may balloon to a bigger bubble with a bigger pop.

I have been saying that the tax cuts to the rich were fueling a 'boom/bust' economy. I am just hoping the bust isn't as bad as it could be.

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

:lamo

Thanks so much for the gift of laughter this Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom