• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The genius of President Trump

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As far as I'm concerned, GOP leadership are RINO's - McConnell and Ryan and their seconds are big government, big spending, open borders liberals.

President Trump is the true conservative who wants less powerful, less costly, more efficient government. This "government shutdown" is his opportunity. As I understand it, here are the departments that will shut down:

Department of the Treasury
Department of Agriculture
Homeland Security Department
Department of the Interior
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Transportation
Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

I see Homeland Security, Interior and HUD as departments that serve a useful purpose, I'd want to keep more or less intact.
I see a great opportunity to strike a blow against th deep state and big government if President Trump would cut down all of the remaining departments - especially State and Justice.

Could this be the Trump plan - get the Democrats to shut down the government, then have a massive layoff after it is recognized those departments add little to government services and efficiency - and he could blame most of the problem ofn the Democrats for allowing this to happen.

President Trump is a genius who leaves his detractors breathing the dust of his many victories.

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Can I get a hit of that?

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As far as I'm concerned, GOP leadership are RINO's - McConnell and Ryan and their seconds are big government, big spending, open borders liberals.

President Trump is the true conservative who wants less powerful, less costly, more efficient government. This "government shutdown" is his opportunity. As I understand it, here are the departments that will shut down:

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

I see Homeland Security, Interior and HUD as departments that serve a useful purpose, I'd want to keep more or less intact.
I see a great opportunity to strike a blow against th deep state and big government if President Trump would cut down all of the remaining departments - especially State and Justice.

Could this be the Trump plan - get the Democrats to shut down the government, then have a massive layoff after it is recognized those departments add little to government services and efficiency - and he could blame most of the problem ofn the Democrats for allowing this to happen.

President Trump is a genius who leaves his detractors breathing the dust of his many victories.

The 400,000 government employees who will not be receiving a pay check may differ with your assessment of Trumps political savvy. I assuming you are not a Federal Employee, you got yours so who cares about those who will not be receiving a midmonth pay. Typical Rightie

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The 400,000 government employees who will not be receiving a pay check may differ with your assessment of Trumps political savvy. I assuming you are not a Federal Employee, you got yours so who cares about those who will not be receiving a midmonth pay. Typical Rightie

Those who can, do. Those who can't work for the government.

JackA

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

Maybe his “genius” will shutdown the stock markets too. Maybe our alliances as well before he’s through, and our democratic institutions. You have to admit he’s done well in these directions so far.

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

What is that you're smoking, Green? Must be good stuff.

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

The economy might actually grow more than expected with fewer bureaucrats impeding commerce.

Geoist

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left

Geoist

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
The economy might actually grow more than expected with fewer bureaucrats impeding commerce.

You mean it may balloon to a bigger bubble with a bigger pop.

Tom Horn

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

if my dog were as smart as him, I just might put her down.

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Those who can, do. Those who can't work for the government.

I used to work Veterans health care, your statement is pure ignorance. But hey, you wont miss a pay check so why give a fig eh ? I repeat, typical Conservative attitude.

trixare4kids

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

Trump is not a conservative.

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
he's a drooling idiot.

I like many of the policies that are happening under Trump, but it's those so-called "RINOs" that deserve the credit. McConnell has actually done a rather good job.

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What is that you're smoking, Green? Must be good stuff.

A Conservative who smokes green? Kind of hypocritical to be stoner and vote for a party who insist on keeping the plant on schedule 1. The majority of Conservatives vote against their own best interest on a regular basis.

Geoist

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Yep, Trump is a politician.

Oh, I certainly agree most politicians are demagogues. Trump is simply the bloated/exaggerated caricature of one.

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I like many of the policies that are happening under Trump, but it's those so-called "RINOs" that deserve the credit. McConnell has actually done a rather good job.

it's hard to argue that McConnell is not brilliant when it comes to what he wants to accomplish. i dislike him intensely for his political stances, but he's no fool.

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

Yeah, Trump is a very sharp guy. Sharp on both ends like a little rat turd.

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

PuWwaIa.gif

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Well it's now now genius. What's your answer to that?

Top Bottom