• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The future of problems

Hypothetical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I would like to start a discussion based on another topic I joined in on a few days ago, about technology... and political science.

so, what's your plan for when we have semi-autonomous robot "soldiers" and drones, robotics has quite possibly taken over most of the labor force and the federal government has not been held in check very well.

does that not seem to be where we are headed? how do you think this is all going to play out?

I am hoping for the best, consisting of reducing the powers of the federal government to some extent, being able to gather as many resources as we can from space, making them more abundant and hopefully increasing economic growth enough to allow us a basic income to go along with a highly skilled capitalist economy.

dunno if that's possible, but its what I am hoping for. I can see quite a few doomsday scenarios coming about instead.

how about you?

I would like to start a discussion based on another topic I joined in on a few days ago, about technology... and political science.

so, what's your plan for when we have semi-autonomous robot "soldiers" and drones, robotics has quite possibly taken over most of the labor force and the federal government has not been held in check very well.

does that not seem to be where we are headed? how do you think this is all going to play out?

I am hoping for the best, consisting of reducing the powers of the federal government to some extent, being able to gather as many resources as we can from space, making them more abundant and hopefully increasing economic growth enough to allow us a basic income to go along with a highly skilled capitalist economy.

dunno if that's possible, but its what I am hoping for. I can see quite a few doomsday scenarios coming about instead.

how about you?

Without govt. we will all become slaves to the corporations. In fact that is already happening with Govt.

Without govt. we will all become slaves to the corporations. In fact that is already happening with Govt.

One of the few things I agree with Hillary on Citizens United is a travesty for the equal representation of the people.

To correct you it is without govt or too much govt. During the days of robber barons, the govt pretty much protected their fortunes and power, now they do the same.

To achieve peace among capitalists and the working class, govt needs to be minimal and functional, It needs to write laws pertaining to safety and consumer protection, rather than writing regs aimed to cripple certain competition in favor of political donors, or like the epa whos job has been so pointless in recent decades they have spent plenty on researching wether or not to ban bbq's

what about the possibility of being slaves of government?

Back
Top Bottom