• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The future is not guaranteed.

Would you rather live under an elected progressive government or appointed conservative government?

• Total voters

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Americans in general have become complacent. The feeling that 'America is the greatest country in the world' is not a birthright, it comes from centuries of reputation building. Everyone complains about the government, and the last loser president has lied about how that government has been constructed. We are beginning to see the issues with believers of that lie intruding (New Mexico certification refusal) on the free and fair elections that are required of a functioning America.

Would you rather live under an elected progressive government or an appointed conservative government?

Any person, group, agency, etc. that has the power to make rules and laws for the citizenship should be accountable to voters. Unfortunately, from the EPA to the CDC and about a thousand more regulatory agencies, we’ve live under an “appointed government” for awhile.

What a loaded and stupid poll. Negatively framing one option and positively framing another. This is a "pass" poll if ever I saw one.
I know right. Nothing like a constructive thread...:ROFLMAO:

Americans in general have become complacent. The feeling that 'America is the greatest country in the world' is not a birthright, it comes from centuries of reputation building. Everyone complains about the government, and the last loser president has lied about how that government has been constructed. We are beginning to see the issues with believers of that lie intruding (New Mexico certification refusal) on the free and fair elections that are required of a functioning America.

Would you rather live under an elected progressive government or an appointed conservative government?
Seems like two bad choices to me. I would rather live in an unhyphenated America, one that does not just represent a one faction. It hardly makes a difference whether a faction that dictates, was elected or appointed.

I know you wanted to present an unbiased poll but, you seemed to have miss typed, I am sure what you meant to type was "Elected Conservative Government"

What a loaded and stupid poll. Negatively framing one option and positively framing another. This is a "pass" poll if ever I saw one.
It's a fair poll and a legitimate question. Not even much of a hypothetical given the current political landscape. If you are uncomfortable with this question then I suggest not paying too much attention to the real world events.

Reminds me of the old joke about the only difference between a democracy and dictatorship is in a democracy you get to pick your oppressor.

It doesn't matter if neither side wants to work the problem.

The incentives in the U.S. reward folks who profit from the problems, not those who want to fix them.

We don't have limits on congress like we do for president, so an elected progressive government is the same as a authoritarian government, that's how people like Nancy, Maxine, Harry, Ted Kennedy and Stromin Norman remained in power for so long

I will always favor an elected government over an appointed one, even if the elected government is hyper conservative or hyper liberal. If I lost my voice and vote, I would move to a different country. I do recognize that this means sometimes the government is controlled by a political party that I disagree with.

I do suspect that many Americans these days would prefer an appointed government if the alternative were an elected political party that they dislike. As of this writing, at least two posters (@SkyChief and @TypicalRussian) have voted as such in this poll. Therefore I don't think it's a completely off-base question. Some people would advocate for the demolishing of democratic institutions and traditions in order to keep their party in power.

It's a fair poll and a legitimate question. Not even much of a hypothetical given the current political landscape. If you are uncomfortable with this question then I suggest not paying too much attention to the real world events.
No it's saying "Would you rather live in a society where people chose to (the positive frame for your progressive dream) or "anointed" as in no say (bad framing conservative) by the people.

There is no merit to this poll, as it is intentionally framed to induce a positive reaction to reinforce you, the poll makers, bias.

Trash thread is pure trash, what *is* guaranteed is if "progressive government" was so awe-****ing-spectacular the polling would have those representing the ideology in such a commanding lead it would be long term electable.

However, looking at what Biden and the left is facing these midterms there is no "installed" right response but rather a voter based eviction notice to whom is in power at this time.

It would be nice if we actually had an "elected government".

This poll shows how Fascist the Left are by nature!

Elected Conservative Government
Appointed Progressive Government
is what has happened in the last 2 election cycles and you want to pretend other wise!

You totally refuse to deal with the FACT that "AMERICANS" far and wide hate what the Left/Progressive/Libs etc... have done in America!
That's why the DEM's are loosing !!!!!
Not because there is an "APPOINTING" happening !

People can only be gaslit so much and for so long before they see that are only screwing themselves by staying gas lit!

In New Mexico they are saying that the Dominion Machines should not be allowed in any FREE AND FAIR ELECTION!

No it's saying "Would you rather live in a society where people chose to (the positive frame for your progressive dream) or "anointed" as in no say (bad framing conservative) by the people.

There is no merit to this poll, as it is intentionally framed to induce a positive reaction to reinforce you, the poll makers, bias.
No, it's not. It is a basic question that tests to what degree you support democracy.

The inverse of the question would be would you rather:
1. live under an elected conservative government
2. live under a progressive, unelected government

I'll even answer the inverse to demonstrate how fair the question is. Which is that I would choose the elected conservative government. In fact I would argue that many countries, including the US, are elected conservative governments. As long as the mechanisms of democracy are still functioning there are non-violent option for political change and improvements to be made. Where as if a non-democratic government does something...that's that.

I will always favor an elected government over an appointed one, even if the elected government is hyper conservative or hyper liberal. If I lost my voice and vote, I would move to a different country. I do recognize that this means sometimes the government is controlled by a political party that I disagree with.

I do suspect that many Americans these days would prefer an appointed government if the alternative were an elected political party that they dislike. As of this writing, at least two posters (@SkyChief and @TypicalRussian) have voted as such in this poll. Therefore I don't think it's a completely off-base question. Some people would advocate for the demolishing of democratic institutions and traditions in order to keep their party in power.
@Nomad4Ever PRIME example of your framing inducing a response you wanted. Ergo, your poll was flawed from the outset.

what *is* guaranteed is if "progressive government" was so awe-****ing-spectacular the polling would have those representing the ideology in such a commanding lead it would be long term electable.
Lol. The idea that the *best* party wins election is hilariously naive. Both the Hitler and Mussolini were initially elected into power. The Nazis formed a successful democratically elected government before they decided democracy wasn't all it's cracked up to be.

The average person votes based on fear and emotions, not policy.

@Nomad4Ever PRIME example of your framing inducing a response you wanted. Ergo, your poll was flawed from the outset.
@Nomad4Ever PRIME example of a poster apparently desperate to undermine the poll and not terribly concerned about how she does it. Ergo, her posts are flawed from the outset.

Typical of the moronic left. "Assuming Im right and you suck at everything and are the root of all evil. Now...would you rather just let us pervert society to our own means or do you want to insist on some silly standards that are outdated and archaic."

@Nomad4Ever PRIME example of a poster apparently desperate to undermine the poll and not terribly concerned about how she does it. Ergo, her posts are flawed from the outset.
We both literally answered the inverse of the question that was apparently "too unfair to answer". Seems like the problem is with a poster scared of engaging with a simple question than with the question itself, huh?

Last edited:
Typical of the moronic left. "Assuming Im right and you suck at everything and are the root of all evil. Now...would you rather just let us pervert society to our own means or do you want to insist on some silly standards that are outdated and archaic."
Why not answer the question? @SkyChief and @TypicalRussian weren't little bitches and they actually answered. @phoenix2020 and I answered the inverse of the question. Why are you dodging around it?

We both literally answered the inverse of the question that was apparently "too unfair to answer". Seems like the problem is with a poster scared of engaging with a simple question that with the question itself, huh?
I think so. Whereas we both are willing to put in writing that we'd prefer an elected conservative government over an appointed progressive one, I suspect @Renae really wants to avoid expressing any kind of preference for a progressive government and therefore would prefer that this poll went away.

Back
Top Bottom