• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The four real reasons Iraq was invaded

Republican Congressman Slams Bush On Militarized Police State Preparation
Ron Paul says indictment story is far more damaging than media is portraying, avian flu martial law provisions aimed at gun confiscation

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones | October 12 2005

Congressman Ron Paul has accused the Bush administration of attempting to set in motion a militarized police state in America by enacting gun confiscation martial law provisions in the event of an avian flu pandemic. Paul also slammed as delusional and dangerous plans to invade Iran, Syria, North Korea and China.

Ron Paul represents the 14th Congressional district of Texas. He also serves on the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee, and the International Relations committee.

Paul appeared on the Alex Jones show yesterday and raised some interesting points about the possibility of imminent indictments of top Bush administration figures.

"I think there's a lot more excitement coming and it's not going to be good for the Republicans," stated Paul.

"The things that I hear have to do with Karl Rove and Abramoff and that's much much worse than anybody would believe and it involves DeLay as well."

for full coverage of this
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/october2005/121005slamsbush.htm

"However, in recent years the scales have fallen from my eyes. As Voltaire said in 1729 “paper money eventually goes down to its intrinsic value – zero.”

I stopped reading when I saw this. The writer is full of it.

And Ron Paul is a crank.

Re:

First of all, quit with the oil smokescreen. It never worked to begin with, and it still doesn’t work now cause the lack of evidence to back up the ridiculous and flagrantly illogical notion that we went to war for oil.

Secondly, if you are under the impression that the U.S. and the coalition who believes in spreading freedom to oppressed people, are out to conquer and permanently occupy other nations, you are mistaken. Troops withdrawal is in the mix, and the U.S. is no imperialistic and conquering state. We have spread freedom to millions, and millions more to come. Don't like it? Fine. Don't tarnish the process. Don't go to elaborate and exotic lengths to blame the President for this, that, and the other.

So much to cover, so little time. Here, I've talking about this extensivly:

http://mars.walagata.com/w/tetracide/Iraq.pdf

Last edited:
Canuck said:
America has 5% of the world's population but consumes 25% of the oil produced

Wars are fought for profits

Cheney's Halliburton
Stock Rose 3,281%
Executive Intelligence Review
10-12-5

(EIRNS) -- Halliburton stock options held by Dick Cheney rose 3,281% since October, 2004,according to figures compiled by Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), reports rawstory website today.

The options were worth $241,498, now they are worth $8 million.

In a Sept. 15 statement, as Halliburton was getting no-bid contracts for repairs following Hurricane Katrina, Lautenberg said that Cheney should divest himself of these Halliburton holdings.

"Halliburton has already raked in more thant $10 billion from the Bush-Cheney administration for work in Iraq, and now they are being awarded some of the first Katrina contracts. It is unseemly for the Vice President to continue to benefit from this company at the same time his Administration funnels billions of dollars to it.

Bush & Cheney through Haliburton have scamed the American tax payer
contrary to AMerica's belief that their country has god on it's side and is the righteous bringer of democracy
it has never been so it has always been about profiteering
all your dead soldiers of past and present wars payed their lives so fat cats and war mongers got their fill

to believe otherwise is to admit you dont know and are still spell bound by their grasp over you
the propaganda movies ( john wayne Errol flynn etc..)
have you hypnotised they will have you believe your pilots died helping china fight the japanese prior to america's entree to ww2
when they died trying to provoke an attack on america by the Japanese
to enter ww2
in the end the back door tactic worked

Canuck, you have no idea what you are talking about. there is no connection between iraq, oil and why we invaded! Your providing accusations that have no substantial evidence to it. What "evidence" you bring is left-wing pychotic interpretation that looks to drive the bush administration and the American foriegn policy agenda to its knees!

You dont support the war, you dont support the troops, you dislike america, youre selfish in everyway! Broden your horizon and look at facts!

AK_Conservative said:
Canuck, you have no idea what you are talking about. there is no connection between iraq, oil and why we invaded! Your providing accusations that have no substantial evidence to it. What "evidence" you bring is left-wing pychotic interpretation that looks to drive the bush administration and the American foriegn policy agenda to its knees!

You dont support the war, you dont support the troops, you dislike america, youre selfish in everyway! Broden your horizon and look at facts!

Well whats new? Canuck has provided no evidentiary support in any of his posts. This nis just more canadian rhetoric form the great land of frnechies.

Re:

Tetracide said:
First of all, quit with the oil smokescreen. It never worked to begin with, and it still doesn’t work now cause the lack of evidence to back up the ridiculous and flagrantly illogical notion that we went to war for oil.

Secondly, if you are under the impression that the U.S. and the coalition who believes in spreading freedom to oppressed people, are out to conquer and permanently occupy other nations, you are mistaken. Troops withdrawal is in the mix, and the U.S. is no imperialistic and conquering state. We have spread freedom to millions, and millions more to come. Don't like it? Fine. Don't tarnish the process. Don't go to elaborate and exotic lengths to blame the President for this, that, and the other.

So much to cover, so little time. Here, I've talking about this extensivly:

http://mars.walagata.com/w/tetracide/Iraq.pdf

It isnt for oil ,it is for the control of what currency is used around the world to purchase the oil
The US $ predominence is evaporating around the globe....
and it indeed does ,and should for good reason ,tremble bush in his cowboy boots.it may well be under his watch that the US $ falls from grace,and under his watch America became a premptive war mongering nation, that used excessive force ,including torture ,on a third world nation .To make sure the Arabs get the message.

It's unraveling you cant hold back the hands of time
,there is a time coming where America will be like the rest of us
perhaps we can move on to a higher plane when America 5% of the world's population ,thinks they are better then 95% of the worlds population.
one can only hope

Last edited:
Five Marines Ambushed By Remote-Controlled Bomb

A Bradley fighting vehicle.

Marines Tow Away Remains

Bomb Was Buried In The Road

Another Mystery Bomb

Just how does the insurgents' intelligence network know the exact routes of US troops? They need to bury a massive bomb under the street, and have a way of precisely detonating it under an APC traveling at 40 MPH.

About the only way to do such, is by using an electronic sensor that triggers a detonator. Israel is the only nation in the Middle East that is known to manufacture laser-impulse- detonated munitions.

Ramadi Has A Large US Contingency

The US has a large base at Ramadi, and that road is heavily patrolled.

Marines Starting To Lose Confidence

A Marine sees five of his buddies killed in a complex ambush, and they begin to doubt their leaders.

The question asked: ~ "How are Arabs getting all this information on our troop movements?"

Who Has Access To Marine Motor Pools?

Marines are beginning to realize these aren't just old 155 mm artillery shells planted by Iraqi insurgents.

US Marines Retaliate

US planes bombed areas in the east of the city, killing 25 people, residents and a local doctor said.

Just Too Many Israeli Advisors

Every time our troops are about to pursue a major operation in Iraq, there seems to be a pin-point precision ambush. These bombings reek of Israeli involvement.

After the Zapata Mercs, who were Israelis whose job was to dispose of bombs (perfect cover to plant bombs), were tossed out of the country, you would assume that the Marines would wake up. Maybe it is time to question the idea of the top brass, such as General Franks and Natonski, having ties to Israel?

ask these marines what is happening
And who really does benefit the most in IRAQ
And why against UN and US congress conclusions that no Alqueda is in IRAQ
Do people still believe such lies
http://judicial-inc.biz/5_Marine_Ambush_Bradley.htm
for a full story with pictures hit the link

robin said:
Apparently the latest reason for the Iraq war as a War on Terror is that Bin Laden had set up training camps in Iraq.

$250,000,000,000, 1900 US dead & 25,000 Iraqis dead & all just to rid a barron desert of a few rag heads jumping over obstacle courses with kalashnikovs, who will just find another desert somewhere else, when all along the real source of danger lies in places like British Mosques & Florida flight schools.....

Even if Iraq is democratised, it won't be the solution. The IRA, UDA, Bader-Meinhof & Red Brigade... oh & Al Qaeda... all survived in democratic countries.

The four real reasons the US went to war in Iraq are

Reason 1) Oil.

Reason 2) Saddam was the next best bad guy to lash out at after failing to head Bin Laden off at the pass.

Reason 3) As a kick back for arms companies such as Northrop Grumann & General Dynamics that fund Bush & the Republicans & spent $millions lobbying in the Pentagon in favour of the Iraq war.
http://www.commondreams.org/views01/1218-03.htm

Top Recipients
Republican Party Committees $952,385
Democratic Party Committees $494,975
Rep Jane Harman (D-CA) $54,250
Rep Duncan Hunter (R-CA) $52,340
Rep Howard P "Buck" McKeon (R-CA) $46,250
Rep Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-CA) $45,200
President George W Bush (R) $36,150
Rep Philip M Crane (R-IL) $35,700
Rep Ike Skelton (D-MO) $35,450
Sen Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) $34,500
Rep Steny H Hoyer (D-MD) $24,500
Sen John W Warner (R-VA) $23,700
Rep Dave Weldon (R-FL) $23,200
Rep David Vitter (R-LA) $23,050
Sen Ted Stevens (R-AK) $23,000
Rep Jo Ann Davis (R-VA) $22,500
Rep Martin Frost (D-TX) $22,000
Sen Trent Lott (R-MS) $22,000
Rep Jerry Lewis (R-CA) $21,350
Sen Bill Nelson (D-FL) $20,500

Lobbying Expenditures 98 - 2003
$7,277,467
$6,701,639
$8,485,720
$11,857,969
$14,235,617
$12,591,934

Campaign Contributions by Year 98 - 2003
$438,045
$307,990
$484,705
$681,220
$919,855
$883,335

Party Contributions %
Democrat $1,253,025 33.78%
Republican $2,455,975 66.22%

& we are supposed to think this is not corruption ?!

Reason 4) The average Fox News educated American is so so so naive they can't or don't want to grasp the above three reasons.

You missed out Israel as a factor dude, Israel is benefiting massively because it's enemies like Saddam, Iran, Syria etc etc, are all being dealt with by the US.

Re:

Canuck said:
It isnt for oil ,it is for the control of what currency is used around the world to purchase the oil
The US $ predominence is evaporating around the globe....
and it indeed does ,and should for good reason ,tremble bush in his cowboy boots.it may well be under his watch that the US $ falls from grace,and under his watch America became a premptive war mongering nation, that used excessive force ,including torture ,on a third world nation .To make sure the Arabs get the message.

It's unraveling you cant hold back the hands of time
,there is a time coming where America will be like the rest of us
perhaps we can move on to a higher plane when America 5% of the world's population ,thinks they are better then 95% of the worlds population.
one can only hope

Well. Never have I heard such racism, arrogance, and ignorance in one post. Congrats. Let’s start with your complete oblivious stance to Iraq. Like I have said in that link I provided in my earlier post, the War in Iraq had five major justifications, none of which were related to the economic stability of the U.S. dollar. Due to the lack of evidence to back that ridiculous notion, I won’t take you seriously on that one.

Secondly, I invite you to set aside your giddiness at the fall of the U.S. dollar and recognize its continued strength.

Thirdly, I, as a proud American, do not look down upon the rest of the world as inferior. Ask any American, and ask them if they look down upon the rest of the world as inferior as a people. That is simply blasphemy and an outright lie. Do not speak for America if you don’t know all Americans. Thanks.

Also, the efforts we are undergoing in Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with making sure the “Arabs get the message.” In fact, this has nothing to do with the Arab race as a whole at all. It does, however, have everything to do with radical Islamists. You remember them right? These guys:

250px-NickBergandFiveMen.JPG

And these guys:

second.plane.jpg

Uh oh, scare tactics…:roll:

#1 Oil??? How can you say oil plays any factor in this war at all? Im sick of people like you saying the only reason we invaded Iraq was for the oil. That is complete crap. The fact is Saddam Hussein was a threat not only to the people of Iraq but to us as well. No WMD? Would you rather not invade and get the **** nuked out of us or invade and not find them? Also Saddam Hussein was a psycho! He torchered his people and murdered innocent women and children. That is terrible and had to be stopped. Stop saying the war is about oil because that is crap.

P.S. Bush is the man

It is a simple minded argument to state that we invaded for the oil. We could have pulled all our troops back from the ME and stayed at home and paid the world market price for oil and it would have been many times cheaper than invading Iraq. We could also have lifted sanctions on Iraq a decade ago. That would have put even more oil on the market.

Anyone who makes this claim is either stupid or lying.

robin said:
Apparently the latest reason for the Iraq war as a War on Terror is that Bin Laden had set up training camps in Iraq.

$250,000,000,000, 1900 US dead & 25,000 Iraqis dead & all just to rid a barron desert of a few rag heads jumping over obstacle courses with kalashnikovs, who will just find another desert somewhere else, when all along the real source of danger lies in places like British Mosques & Florida flight schools.....

Even if Iraq is democratised, it won't be the solution. The IRA, UDA, Bader-Meinhof & Red Brigade... oh & Al Qaeda... all survived in democratic countries.

The four real reasons the US went to war in Iraq are

Reason 1) Oil.

Reason 2) Saddam was the next best bad guy to lash out at after failing to head Bin Laden off at the pass.

Reason 3) As a kick back for arms companies such as Northrop Grumann & General Dynamics that fund Bush & the Republicans & spent $millions lobbying in the Pentagon in favour of the Iraq war.
http://www.commondreams.org/views01/1218-03.htm

Top Recipients
Republican Party Committees $952,385
Democratic Party Committees $494,975
Rep Jane Harman (D-CA) $54,250
Rep Duncan Hunter (R-CA) $52,340
Rep Howard P "Buck" McKeon (R-CA) $46,250
Rep Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-CA) $45,200
President George W Bush (R) $36,150
Rep Philip M Crane (R-IL) $35,700
Rep Ike Skelton (D-MO) $35,450
Sen Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) $34,500
Rep Steny H Hoyer (D-MD) $24,500
Sen John W Warner (R-VA) $23,700
Rep Dave Weldon (R-FL) $23,200
Rep David Vitter (R-LA) $23,050
Sen Ted Stevens (R-AK) $23,000
Rep Jo Ann Davis (R-VA) $22,500
Rep Martin Frost (D-TX) $22,000
Sen Trent Lott (R-MS) $22,000
Rep Jerry Lewis (R-CA) $21,350
Sen Bill Nelson (D-FL) $20,500

Lobbying Expenditures 98 - 2003
$7,277,467
$6,701,639
$8,485,720
$11,857,969
$14,235,617
$12,591,934

Campaign Contributions by Year 98 - 2003
$438,045
$307,990
$484,705
$681,220
$919,855
$883,335

Party Contributions %
Democrat $1,253,025 33.78%
Republican $2,455,975 66.22%

& we are supposed to think this is not corruption ?!

Reason 4) The average Fox News educated American is so so so naive they can't or don't want to grasp the above three reasons.

Those are not "reasons" at all but consequences and byproducts.
Iraq was invaded for one reason alone-
To bring multiculturalism and global capitalism to the moslem world.Control by the New World Order was what it was all about nothing else.

Aryan Imperium said:
Those are not "reasons" at all but consequences and byproducts.
Iraq was invaded for one reason alone-
To bring multiculturalism and global capitalism to the moslem world.Control by the New World Order was what it was all about nothing else.

And let me guess. You haven't taken your medication today, have you?

Missouri Mule said:
And let me guess. You haven't taken your medication today, have you?

And what medication would that be?[Hope you know what you are talking about].

Missouri Mule said:
Try risperidone. That'll be a good start.

And why would I need that? Please be as specific as you possibly can.

Aryan Imperium said:
And why would I need that? Please be as specific as you possibly can.

I don't mean to be unkind but your reasoning and thinking is not rational. This is what you said. It is utter nonsense. If you go about your life making these kinds of statements you will be seen as a little "wacky."

"Iraq was invaded for one reason alone-
To bring multiculturalism and global capitalism to the moslem world.Control by the New World Order was what it was all about nothing else"

Missouri Mule said:
I don't mean to be unkind but your reasoning and thinking is not rational. This is what you said. It is utter nonsense. If you go about your life making these kinds of statements you will be seen as a little "wacky."

To bring multiculturalism and global capitalism to the moslem world.Control by the New World Order was what it was all about nothing else"

You may not agree and indeed clearly do not agree with my Weltanschauung but that is an entirely seperate issue as to whether I hold and express my beliefs in a rational manner.
Are you in a position to make a judgement,a sound judgement on whether my reasoning and thinking are "rational"?
Even if you possess medical qualifications[you have not indicated that you do] as you have never met me or engaged in any meaningful and non-judgemental analysis of my mental or emotional state you are not qualified to make any such statement or diagnosis. Ergo your reasoning and not mine is irational.
It is a sign of an inflexible attitude and mass conditioning that individuals and groups of people label others as "insane". Such individuals and groups are unable to explore beliefs that are at variance with their own.They feel threatened by views which are completely different to their own. I am sorry for you. The NWO has done its job well in your case.

Aryan Imperium said:
You may not agree and indeed clearly do not agree with my Weltanschauung but that is an entirely seperate issue as to whether I hold and express my beliefs in a rational manner.

Are you in a position to make a judgement,a sound judgement on whether my reasoning and thinking are "rational"?
Even if you possess medical qualifications[you have not indicated that you do] as you have never met me or engaged in any meaningful and non-judgemental analysis of my mental or emotional state you are not qualified to make any such statement or diagnosis. Ergo your reasoning and not mine is irational.
It is a sign of an inflexible attitude and mass conditioning that individuals and groups of people label others as "insane". Such individuals and groups are unable to explore beliefs that are at variance with their own.They feel threatened by views which are completely different to their own. I am sorry for you. The NWO has done its job well in your case.

I had to look up "Weltanschauung" as I was unfamiliar with its meaning. However, in reading about it strikes me as quite similar to the writings of Ayn Rand in that it relies on this so-called "Objectivism" that was the underpinnings of her view of life. But I don't want to get bogged down in such discussions.

When I suggested that you seek medication I was being serious in that your statements suggest views that are not only policially incorrect (which I do not advocate) but border on "crazy." History is replete with many leaders who do and act on on belief systems when later studied are shown to be deeply flawed if not downright evil.

You made a statement that makes no sense.

To bring multiculturalism and global capitalism to the moslem world.Control by the New World Order was what it was all about nothing else."

The operative words were "nothing else." Clearly that is nonsense. And even if it were remotely true, you couldn't possibly know that. I know that I wasn't involved in the strategy sessions leading up to the Iraq war and I doubt you were either.

I would suggest that you get out of the house and take a long walk and get your mind off this subject. That's one of the best and proven ways to improve one's mental health.

"The four real reasons Iraq was invaded"

1) Our ammo has an expiration date on them.

2) Some people need killing.

3) The never ending reality shows on television had become boring.

-and-

4) There's this really nice coffee shop in down town Baghdad.

GySgt said:
"The four real reasons Iraq was invaded"

1) Our ammo has an expiration date on them.

2) Some people need killing.

3) The never ending reality shows on television had become boring.

-and-

4) There's this really nice coffee shop in down town Baghdad.

Their "Mocha Allah Expresso" is one of a kind...:2wave:

cnredd said:
Their "Mocha Allah Expresso" is one of a kind...:2wave:

Aw yes. I can remember back to sitting on the veranda and savoring its great flavor amidst the IEDs and distance AK fire. I love the smell of Mocha and carbon in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom