• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The four Progressive Caucus principles

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The four, core principles of the Progressive Promise:

1. Fighting for economic justice and security for all;

2. Protecting and preserving our civil rights and civil liberties;

3. Promoting global peace and security; and

4. Advancing environmental protection and energy independence

Quote:

The Congressional Progressive Caucus is comprised of nearly 100 progressive members of the U.S. House of Representatives and [ONLY] one U.S. Senator standing up for progressive ideals in Washington and throughout the country. Since 1991, the CPC has advocated for progressive policies that prioritize working Americans over corporate interests, fight economic and social inequality, and advance civil liberties. The CPC champions progressive policy solutions like comprehensive immigration reform, good-paying jobs, fair trade, universal health care, debt-free college, climate action, and a just foreign policy. The caucus, which consists of 96 House members and one Senator, has been the leading voice calling for bold and sweeping solutions to the urgent crises facing this nation, including ending America’s broken for-profit health care system, raising the minimum wage, eliminating political corruption, bolstering labor protections for working families, and taking swift action to stop the warming of our planet.

Promoting global peace AND SECURITY.

Those damn militarists not wanting to unilaterally disarm themselves and immediately surrender.

Promoting global peace AND SECURITY.

Those damn militarists not wanting to unilaterally disarm themselves and immediately surrender.

These two left-libertarians STILL think that security has to mean military domination (militarism). Maybe it does for Democrats that can make it through the gauntlet and into a supposedly progressive position in The People's House (of Representatives).

It's the only political faction in the country that stands for critical policies the country need. They should probably add support for democracy specifically to the list, but it wasn't under attack when they made it as it has become in recent years.

These two left-libertarians STILL think that security has to mean militarism. Maybe it does for Democrats that can make it through the gauntlet and into a supposedly progressive position in The People's House (of Representatives).
Probably has something do with the fact that every anarchist communist society so far has been invaded by an unfriendly state. The USSR killed the anarchists in Ukraine. The Spanish Fascists invaded Catalonia. The Mexican government tried to stomp out the Zapatistas. Turkey is actively invading and killing the Kurds in Rojava to this day.

So far only the Zapatistas and Kurds have survived, and only then because of fierce militant resistance.

These two left-libertarians STILL think that security has to mean military domination (militarism). Maybe it does for Democrats that can make it through the gauntlet and into a supposedly progressive position in The People's House (of Representatives).

Military domination is NOT the definition you continually cite for militarism.

Simply having a strong military is.

Which means to be anti-militarist, you have to oppose having a strong military, IE you must support having a weak military, meaning you must have a military too weak to actually provide security against attack.

Probably has something do with the fact that every anarchist communist society so far has been invaded by an unfriendly state. The USSR killed the anarchists in Ukraine. The Spanish Fascists invaded Catalonia. The Mexican government tried to stomp out the Zapatistas. Turkey is actively invading and killing the Kurds in Rojava to this day.

So far only the Zapatistas and Kurds have survived, and only then because of fierce militant resistance.

Why didn’t they just surrender and have the International Justice System punish the militarists?

Oh my god, liberals are such monsters. That's what shitty conservatives will say while there agenda is discrimination, voter suppression, screwing education, banning abortion, giving the rich tax breaks

I'd have to look into that, but (honestly and sincerely) why? Nearly all of humanity and Earth is 'organized' under at least one (many, in actuality) political entity.

Notice that I'm starting to use different terms for militarism (since so many people refuse to consider/understand what it is), which you can see in my edited comment #5.

It's the only political faction in the country that stands for critical policies the country need. They should probably add support for democracy specifically to the list, but it wasn't under attack when they made it as it has become in recent years.

Agreed, except what we call democracy has been under attack for decades. That democracy is a far cry from a good political system in nearly every way.

Last edited:
I'd have to look into that, but (honestly and sincerely) why? Nearly all of humanity and Earth is 'organized' under at least one (many, in actuality) political entity.

Notice that I'm starting to use different terms for militarism (since so many people refuse to consider/understand what it is), which you can see in my edited comment #5.

You’ve provided a specific definition for militarism multiple times in the past. Are you now abandoning that definition?

Does having and supporting a strong military count as militarism?

You’ve provided a specific definition for militarism multiple times in the past. Are you now abandoning that definition?

Quote me on that. Then maybe you'll get the answer to this:

Does having and supporting a strong military count as militarism?

Oh my god, liberals are such monsters. That's what shitty conservatives will say while there agenda is discrimination, voter suppression, screwing education, banning abortion, giving the rich tax breaks

I'm not sure I understand your angle, but I think I do.

Literally every Progressive I know ****ing hates him.

Most progressive pundits are relatively okay with the Biden administration.

Quote me on that. Then maybe you'll get the answer to this:

You can’t even remember stuff you said just a couple weeks ago?

Most progressive pundits are relatively okay with the Biden administration.
The only mainstream 'progressive' pundit I can think of is John Oliver, and he shits on Joe Biden all the time and has for years.

The only mainstream 'progressive' pundit I can think of is John Oliver, and he shits on Joe Biden all the time and has for years.

As Dr Phil says, "Well there's your problem."

Why does it seem that @Questerr is always trying to muddy my threads? Could it be that they are not really progressive (if they even may claim to be) but are trying desperately to pummel progressive principles from the 'left' because they are actually on the Right?

No, the above thought doesn't belong in the CT section.

Back
Top Bottom