• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the four corners of the USA - where would you prefer to live?

• Washington

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • California

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Maine

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Alaska

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hawaii

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Washington D.C.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I now have added three more options, so that there is more choice

3 out of 4 now say:

Hawaii​

3 out of 4 now say:

Hawaii​

Three out of four say that but so far I don't see ANY members who actually DO live there.
Part of that is because living IN Hawaii is, for most, even more expensive than California.

It also has some serious limitations as well.
Visiting the 50th State is nothing like living there.

If there's a member here who currently does live in Hawaii or who grew up there or lived there for a
decent period of time, please speak up.

Far as I know we do have one member who lives in Alaska, another remote state.

For the record I voted CALIFORNIA, which is where I've lived for the past ten years THIS time, and I also lived here
from 1982 to 1998 before.

Out of the choices there, Washington state. It is gorgeous and really good weather patterns I prefer (prefer Puget Sound area).

I like where I live though, as well as places like VA, TN, and Montana. I even like Northern WY, but my husband wants somewhere with waterway access to larger bodies of water, particularly an ocean (he has been looking at large boats lately).

Alaska and Washinton D.C. have zero votes so far.
But 5 out of 9 say: California.

What does that tell us? :)

If I moved back to the states, I wouldn't go anywhere besides Northwest Washington.

The rockies in the summer and north Florida in the winter.

I am in Butte Montana now for the summer

Three out of four say that but so far I don't see ANY members who actually DO live there.
Part of that is because living IN Hawaii is, for most, even more expensive than California.

If there's a member here who currently does live in Hawaii or who grew up there or lived there for a

For the record I voted CALIFORNIA, which is where I've lived for the past ten years THIS time, and I also lived here
Yeah, I've spent a lot of time in HI over the last 25 or so years, I love it, but couldn't live there, too expensive.

Right - I heard that it's far more expensive to live in Hawaii than even Beverly Hills. Like double.

I chose Maine. I love the woods, and living in a remote area with no neighbors. I'd stay in the woodsy, non-touristy part of Maine.

Partial to Washington as I grew up there.

I kinda like having a snow season every year so i do like living in northern areas. Problem with Ohio is its rarely ever just right.

Nobody lives in Maine.

Washington is my first choice. Mild weather year round. Dont mind rain. Lots of forest trails.

Now? California.

When I'm retired? Florida in the Winter, Maine in the Summer.

Although not an option in the poll, in my early retirement I hope to spend most of the year in So. Cal., and winters in Utah so I can ski a lot.

If I had to live in the USA, coastal Alaska first, Washington State second. Somewhere where I can walk to salt water.

California is now leading with 6 votes out of 16.
Btw: Califonia is the only of all the US states that has a special name in German: Kalifornien :)

Washington is my first choice. Mild weather year round. Dont mind rain. Lots of forest trails.

Very glooming and depressing during the winter and fall.

Most of the people in Seattle are liberal elitists. Many of the policies here make zero sense.

If I had to live in the USA, coastal Alaska first, Washington State second. Somewhere where I can walk to salt water.

You sound depressing.

Don't care about the sunshine?

...except if you live on the east side.

Weather isn't mild, it doesn't rain, and forests are sparse.

Lots of tumbleweeds though.:)

Back
Top Bottom