• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Forward Party

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Just curious everyone's opinion on Andrew Yang's Forward Party:

The party platform (as states on Wikipedia):

The party's platform includes instituting 18-year term limits for members of Congress.[12] It also seeks to establish a new cabinet-level Department of Technology. The party supports civic juries and advocates for a "citizens' portal". The party supports data as a property right.[21] The PAC calls for an economy based on "human-centered capitalism", the enactment of universal basic income,[8][22] and support for alternative forms of measuring economic progress.[21]

The party advocates automatic tax filing.[23] The party's platform supports the implementation of a universal health care system,[24] and it encourages states to adopt nonpartisan primaries and implement ranked-choice voting,[8][22] a concept Yang draws from political theorist and businesswoman Katherine Gehl called Final-Five Voting.[citation needed] It also proposes independent redistricting commissions and public finance reform in the form of democracy dollars.[21] The party encourages people to maintain their membership in the Democratic and Republican parties as to not disenfranchise them by leaving them unable to vote in party primaries.[9][25] As a consequence, the Forward Party plans to endorse candidates from both parties as well as independents who advocate for the core values rather than field their own.

I used to view Yang very positively. Now, it has become obvious he is nothing more than a third positionist. His platform offers nothing more than social and economic conservatism behind a vail of technocracy.

I’ll always appreciate the attention he drew to automation though.

Just curious everyone's opinion on Andrew Yang's Forward Party:

The party platform (as states on Wikipedia):

The party's platform includes instituting 18-year term limits for members of Congress.[12] It also seeks to establish a new cabinet-level Department of Technology. The party supports civic juries and advocates for a "citizens' portal". The party supports data as a property right.[21] The PAC calls for an economy based on "human-centered capitalism", the enactment of universal basic income,[8][22] and support for alternative forms of measuring economic progress.[21]

The party advocates automatic tax filing.[23] The party's platform supports the implementation of a universal health care system,[24] and it encourages states to adopt nonpartisan primaries and implement ranked-choice voting,[8][22] a concept Yang draws from political theorist and businesswoman Katherine Gehl called Final-Five Voting.[citation needed] It also proposes independent redistricting commissions and public finance reform in the form of democracy dollars.[21] The party encourages people to maintain their membership in the Democratic and Republican parties as to not disenfranchise them by leaving them unable to vote in party primaries.[9][25] As a consequence, the Forward Party plans to endorse candidates from both parties as well as independents who advocate for the core values rather than field their own.

Will Yang's third party help Republicans win?
I think so.

I used to view Yang very positively. Now, it has become obvious he is nothing more than a third positionist. His platform offers nothing more than social and economic conservatism behind a vail of technocracy.

I’ll always appreciate the attention he drew to automation though.
Well known economic and social conservative proposals: universal basic income, universal healthcare

He seems to be a cross between a reformist and a big government statist. I'll pass on the Yang parade.

My initial skepticism of any new party like this is that it's intended to split the anti-Republican vote.

Cute. Boutique parties often are.

The problem is that the two-party system is hardwired. Winner takes all means that there are never more than two viable candidates for long.

Yang a person with interesting concepts not necessarily beyond reality ..........

Back
Top Bottom