• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The folks who say Biden is weak concerning russia, should we send our military to help ukraine?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If the answer is keep our military out of Ukraine, what should Biden do to not be seen as weak?

We've recognized for quite some time that a hot war directly with Russia raises the likelihood of nukes being used far more than anything else, other than nukes being used. Would he actually do it? Well, the leaders who gamble with that are betting with over 8 billion lives.

But I wouldn't worry about the people calling Biden weak. They had no problem with Trump announcing he trusts Putin more than our intelligence agencies. What they say is not what they think.

We don't want to get embroiled in yet another war. But that's not necessary to emanate strength. Reagan referred to it as "walking softly, but carrying a big stick", which means that you make your adversaries AFRAID of invading their sovereign neighbors, by making them fearful of the consequences.... Putin invaded because of what he's seen over the past year. For one, he saw a disastrous military withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Putin also knew that Trump put sanctions on his Nordstream 2 pipeline, and left the sanctions ON when he left office. But then Biden quickly and inexplicably REMOVED the sanctions against Putin's pipeline(ironically while cancelling OUR pipelines)!

Biden is also clearly having some age related mental issues, and his polls collapsed a few months ago, so he looks weak.

We've recognized for quite some time that a hot war directly with Russia raises the likelihood of nukes being used far more than anything else, other than nukes being used. Would he actually do it? Well, the leaders who gamble with that are betting with over 8 billion lives.

But I wouldn't worry about the people calling Biden weak. They had no problem with Trump announcing he trusts Putin more than our intelligence agencies. What they say is not what they think.
Feel free to hate Donald Trump all you want. But that doesn't change the fact that Trump is the ONLY 21st century president who served in office without Putin invading one of his neighbors! Putin invaded Ukraine just 2 years after Obama publicly declared that "Putin/Russia isn't a significant geopolitical threat"! That happened during his 2012 presidential debate with Romney.

Now Putin waited just 1 year into Biden's presidency to invade yet again! Oh, and yes, the disastrous withdrawal in Afghanistan definitely makes Biden look inept and weak in the eyes of our adversaries! Don't be surprised if China invades Taiwan in the next 3 years.

If President Biden stands pat he gets accused of being feckless. If he calls for military action, he will get castigated for being a war hawk.

Its a catch 22
Joe Biden repeatedly promised that, "unlike that evil Donald Trump, Putin knows that I'm strong, so he won't dare invade while I'm in office". Well, obviously Putin had no fear of Joe Biden. But he obviously did fear Trump, because Trump is the only president in the 21st century who can say that Putin didn't invade anyone while he was in office!

Biden is like a seasoned calm...no bravado great guitar player. ..Like Larry Carlton. Trump is like a modern no-nothing shit singer, strutting around like
a deranged rooster. The only people Trump impresses is the dumb-ass chickens.
Look, I know we tend to look at politics like it's a team sport, where it often boils down to a shallow "my team is better than your team" dynamic. We all get caught up in it from time to time. But at some point we have to move beyond that. For instance, I had to admit that the Bush family are corrupt and sociopathic, as is Dick Cheney, etc. But Joe Biden is just as bad! If there's any democrat who progressives dislike the most, it should be Joe Biden, if only for his 1994 crime bill that doomed hundreds of thousands of blacks and Latinos to non-violent, drug-related prison sentences!

Also, please don't insult Larry Carlton... If Larry Carlton played guitar like Biden speaks these days, he would've never been hired by Steely Dan. Joe Biden is out of his depth as president. He's also extremely corrupt, which is evident when you look at his family's self enrichment in China, Ukraine, and even RUSSIA, selling influence to the highest bidder.

Joe Biden repeatedly promised that, "unlike that evil Donald Trump, Putin knows that I'm strong, so he won't dare invade while I'm in office". Well, obviously Putin had no fear of Joe Biden. But he obviously did fear Trump, because Trump is the only president in the 21st century who can say that Putin didn't invade anyone while he was in office!
Can you link what have in quotes please. That statement does not sound familiar.

Look, I know we tend to look at politics like it's a team sport, where it often boils down to a shallow "my team is better than your team" dynamic. We all get caught up in it from time to time. But at some point we have to move beyond that. For instance, I had to admit that the Bush family are corrupt and sociopathic, as is Dick Cheney, etc. But Joe Biden is just as bad! If there's any democrat who progressives dislike the most, it should be Joe Biden, if only for his 1994 crime bill that doomed hundreds of thousands of blacks and Latinos to non-violent, drug-related prison sentences!

Also, please don't insult Larry Carlton... If Larry Carlton played guitar like Biden speaks these days, he would've never been hired by Steely Dan. Joe Biden is out of his depth as president. He's also extremely corrupt, which is evident when you look at his family's self enrichment in China, Ukraine, and even RUSSIA, selling influence to the highest bidder.
Blah blah blah. Whatever helps you sleep.

That's a whole lot of nothing

Really? Did you forget Erdogan? Was he scared of Trump?

Joe Biden is out of his depth as president. He's also extremely corrupt, which is evident when you look at his family's self enrichment in China, Ukraine, and even RUSSIA, selling influence to the highest bidder.

Oh sure, by your token he's at least every bit as corrupt as Trump, yes?
Show us where this leads, because from where I'm sitting I don't see Biden slipping top secret documents that are so sensitive they can't even be mentioned, to his home in Delaware,
and I don't see any 34 page written plan to invalidate elections and utilize elite strike forces to take command of sectors of government.

Out of his depth, eh?
That's hucking filarious, and your entire homily sounds like pure projection.

Well Donald had ( still has) Vladimir's scrotum stuffed in his mouth. Vlad invades Ukraine, Donald exclaimes how smart and wonderful Vlad is. ... And then, after all that, your still singing Donald's praises. I guess your not allowed to disagree with the cult leader.

Yeah. He was really strong in Afghanistan.

Nobody has forgotten that.

Back
Top Bottom