• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Flynn Entrapment

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The TRUTH about how Flynn NOT LYING was turned into a COERCED GUILTY PLEA by the Obama Swamp KGB-FBI/DOJ.

This ENTIRE CASE SHOULD BE THROWN OUT....

The Flynn Entrapment

A court filing shows the ugly tactics employed by James Comey’s FBI.

Of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s many targets, the most tragic may be former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The former three-star general pleaded guilty last year to a single count of lying to the FBI about conversations he had with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Now we learn from Mr. Flynn’s court filing to the sentencing judge that senior bureau officials acted in a way to set him up for the fall.

Not a rich man after decades in uniform, Mr. Flynn pleaded guilty to avoid bankruptcy and spare his son from becoming a legal target. Mr. Flynn’s filing doesn’t take issue with the description of his offense. But the “additional facts” the Flynn defense team flags for the court raise doubts about FBI conduct.

The Flynn filing describes government documents concerning the Jan. 24, 2017 meeting with two FBI agents when Mr. Flynn supposedly lied. It turns out the meeting was set up by then Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who personally called Mr. Flynn that day on other business—to discuss an FBI training session. By Mr. McCabe’s account, on that call he told Mr. Flynn he “felt that we needed to have two of our agents sit down” with him to talk about his Russia communications.

Mr. McCabe then urged Mr. Flynn to meet without a lawyer present. “I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Mr. Flynn] and the agents only. I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House Counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [Mr. Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants,” wrote Mr. McCabe in a memo viewed by the Flynn defense team.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ENTIRE CASE IS BUILT ON LIES, and DECEPTION.

Unbelievable. ENTRAPMENT DEFINED.

Last edited:
Boy you Trump boys are getting desperate... trying to get stuff "thrown out" via a technicality does not change the fact that he lied later on to the Feds and that he has plead guilty...

Boy you Trump boys are getting desperate... trying to get stuff "thrown out" via a technicality does not change the fact that he lied later on to the Feds and that he has plead guilty...

His PLEA was on a "technicality" that has yet to be explained, as the agents who LIED TO HIM to interview him said he did not lie.

So McCabe LYING to him about what the meeting was over, and then telling him NOT TO BRING A LAWYER = "ok" in Stalinist Leftworld?

That surprises NO ONE.

Trump said he fired Flynn because he lied to Pence for example. Frankly more and more I think that "excuse" was just a fig leaf constructed by Flynn and Trump. Does not change the fact that Trump said it. Whatever Flynn was trying to hide from the FBI, he was trying to hide something. The idea that Flynn thought the FBI was coming to visit to play buddies with him is laughable.

and what really do not change is that he spilled his guts over the last year. How do you put that back into the bottle?

The TRUTH about how Flynn NOT LYING was turned into a COERCED GUILTY PLEA by the Obama Swamp KGB-FBI/DOJ.

This ENTIRE CASE SHOULD BE THROWN OUT....

The Flynn Entrapment

A court filing shows the ugly tactics employed by James Comey’s FBI.

Of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s many targets, the most tragic may be former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The former three-star general pleaded guilty last year to a single count of lying to the FBI about conversations he had with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Now we learn from Mr. Flynn’s court filing to the sentencing judge that senior bureau officials acted in a way to set him up for the fall.

Not a rich man after decades in uniform, Mr. Flynn pleaded guilty to avoid bankruptcy and spare his son from becoming a legal target. Mr. Flynn’s filing doesn’t take issue with the description of his offense. But the “additional facts” the Flynn defense team flags for the court raise doubts about FBI conduct.

The Flynn filing describes government documents concerning the Jan. 24, 2017 meeting with two FBI agents when Mr. Flynn supposedly lied. It turns out the meeting was set up by then Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who personally called Mr. Flynn that day on other business—to discuss an FBI training session. By Mr. McCabe’s account, on that call he told Mr. Flynn he “felt that we needed to have two of our agents sit down” with him to talk about his Russia communications.

Mr. McCabe then urged Mr. Flynn to meet without a lawyer present. “I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Mr. Flynn] and the agents only. I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House Counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [Mr. Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants,” wrote Mr. McCabe in a memo viewed by the Flynn defense team.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ENTIRE CASE IS BUILT ON LIES, and DECEPTION.

Unbelievable. ENTRAPMENT DEFINED.

So you're saying that on that particular day, Flynn didn't have his big-boy pants on and, despite having been director of the DIA for years and being the National Security Advisor, didn't know he could have a lawyer present and didn't know he should lie to the FBI.

Poor wittle Fwynn.

Have someone explain 'entrapment' to you.

The issue I have is not with "entrapment," as people constantly misunderstand what entrapment actually is.

A valid entrapment defense has two related elements: (1) government inducement of the crime, and (2) the defendant's lack of predisposition to engage in the criminal conduct. Mathews v. United States, 485 U.S. 58, 63 (1988). Of the two elements, predisposition is by far the more important...Inducement is the threshold issue in the entrapment defense. Mere solicitation to commit a crime is not inducement. Sorrells v. United States, 287 U.S. 435, 451 (1932). Nor does the government's use of artifice, stratagem, pretense, or deceit establish inducement. Id. at 441. Rather, inducement requires a showing of at least persuasion or mild coercion, United States v. Nations, 764 F.2d 1073, 1080 (5th Cir. 1985); pleas based on need, sympathy, or friendship, ibid.; or extraordinary promises of the sort "that would blind the ordinary person to his legal duties," United States v. Evans, 924 F.2d 714, 717 (7th Cir. 1991). See also United States v. Kelly, 748 F.2d 691, 698 (D.C. Cir. 1984)…

... Even if inducement has been shown, a finding of predisposition is fatal to an entrapment defense. The predisposition inquiry focuses upon whether the defendant "was an unwary innocent or, instead, an unwary criminal who readily availed himself of the opportunity to perpetrate the crime." Mathews, 485 U.S. at 63. Thus, predisposition should not be confused with intent or mens rea: a person may have the requisite intent to commit the crime, yet be entrapped. Also, predisposition may exist even in the absence of prior criminal involvement: "the ready commission of the criminal act," such as where a defendant promptly accepts an undercover agent's offer of an opportunity to buy or sell drugs, may itself establish predisposition. Jacobson, 503 U.S. at 550...
https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-resource-manual-645-entrapment-elements

The problem I have is with "lying to investigators" statutes.

We already know (or should know) that one has no protections under the 5th Amendment when providing freely made responses; that one must invoke their 5th Amendment rights when under oath, but should otherwise remain silent when being questioned by investigators when not under oath because anything they say can still be used against them (initiating an arrest AND as testimony of a listening witness).

Miranda warnings only apply when being arrested. Law enforcement personnel can engage in free "conversation" during any detention, and the contents of said conversation can be placed in their report and the officer can subsequently testify to what was spoken during that conversation.

The problem IMO lies with this "lying to investigators" offense. Where investigators are involved in seeking information about something without arresting a suspect, instead attempting to initiate an open and free "conversation" to solicit statements that they KNOW to be false. Then they can charge the individual with lying to them and use that tactic to elicit other voluntary incriminating statements they would otherwise not have access to.

One is not under oath when speaking to any investigator, and while I have no problem with the use of false statements made as testimonial evidence, I have a problem charging someone with a crime equivalent to perjury when a false statement is made without being under oath.

Last edited:
Trump said he fired Flynn because he lied to Pence for example. Frankly more and more I think that "excuse" was just a fig leaf constructed by Flynn and Trump. Does not change the fact that Trump said it. Whatever Flynn was trying to hide from the FBI, he was trying to hide something. The idea that Flynn thought the FBI was coming to visit to play buddies with him is laughable.

Which has what to do with the ENTRAPMENT by the Obama Swamp KGB-FBI/DOJ?

McCabe TOLD HIM A LIE, and then told him NOT TO BRING A LAWYER.

The issue I have is not with "entrapment," as people constantly misunderstand what entrapment actually is.

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-resource-manual-645-entrapment-elements

The problem I have is with "lying to investigators" statutes.

We already know (or should know) that one has no protections under the 5th Amendment when providing freely made responses; that one must invoke their 5th Amendment rights when under oath, but should otherwise remain silent when being questioned by investigators when not under oath because anything they say can still be used against them (initiating an arrest AND as testimony of a listening witness).

Miranda warnings only apply when being arrested. Law enforcement personnel can engage in free "conversation" during any detention, and subsequently testify to what was spoken during that conversation. Law enforcement can also use what was said in any other "open conversation" as well.

The problem IMO lies with this "lying to investigators" offense. Where investigators are involved in seeking information ab out something without arresting a suspect, instead attempting to initiate an open and free "conversation" to solicit statements that they KNOW to be false. Then they can charge the individual with lying to them and use that tactic to elicit other voluntary incriminating statements they would otherwise not have access to.

One is not under oath when speaking to any investigator, and while I have no problem with the use of false statements made as testimonial evidence, I have a problem charging someone with a crime equivalent to perjury when a false statement is made without being under oath.

Excellent read...plus add in McCabe DELIBERATELY LYING TO FLYNN about what he was being interviewed about , thus convincing him to NOT BRING LAWYER,,,

His PLEA was on a "technicality" that has yet to be explained, as the agents who LIED TO HIM to interview him said he did not lie.

You're lying again Grok.
The agents all knew Flyn lied before they talked to him, because the phone call was recorded.

Comey just corrected Gowdy, that House Partisan Ass-hat in under-oath testimony, this time we can read the entire exchange.

Gowdy: you said: He was lying. They knew he was lying, but he didn't have the indicia of lying.
Mr. Comey. Correct. All I was doing was answering your question, which I understood to be your question, about whether I had previously testified that he-
the agents did not believe --he was lying. I was trying to clarify. I think that reporting that you've seen is the product of a garble. What I recall telling the House Intelligence Committee is that the agents observed none of the common indicia of lying
--physical manifestations, changes in tone, changes in pace--that would indicate the person I'm interviewing knows they're telling me stuff that ain't true. They didn't see that here. It was a natural conversation, answered fully their questions, didn't
avoid. That notwithstanding, they concluded he was lying.

The call in question made by Flynn was RECORDED. Agents already knew the phone call contents, and Flynn lied about it. Flynn didn't think they had recorded it, it's that simple.

to solicit statements that they KNOW to be false.

You're lying.

They did not solicit statements, or statements they knew to be false. They simply asked him questions. Flynn chose to lie.
And why would he lie about it? It wasn't a crime for him to discuss sanctions...

They solicited Flynn to talk to them, and he was more than happy to meet them, after all, he had "nothing to hide". Flynn had no idea they had that call recorded and already had the records.

We're fortunate to live in the U.S. where we have laws against making false statements to certain people in government. You appear to hate America and our rule of law, when team-Trump is at risk. How patriotic of you.

So you're saying that on that particular day, Flynn didn't have his big-boy pants on and, despite having been director of the DIA for years and being the National Security Advisor, didn't know he could have a lawyer present and didn't know he should lie to the FBI.

Poor wittle Fwynn.

Have someone explain 'entrapment' to you.

Excuse me? It's "Flynn's fault" that he assumed he was NOT BEING LIED TO BY THE FBI? Because in Obama Swamp World, the FBI gets to LIE TO CITIZENS ABOUT THE NATURE OF AN INTERVIEW, to get them to forfeit their right to an attorney present during any questioning?

Yeah...**** THE CONSTITUTION..if it's the Obama Swamp, and it's to "GET TRUMP. Got it.

I'm saying he was LIED TO by the Deputy Director of the FBI...oh, excuse me...the then-Deputy Director of the FBI says he LIED TO FLYNN about the subject of the interview, to convince Flynn to NOT BRING AN ATTORNEY.

That is ENTRAPMENT, DEFINED, and a glaring violation of Flynn's 14th Amendment rights to Equal Protection Under the Law, and his 4th Amendment rights , to illegal search and seizure, which the interview BASED ON DELIBERATE PROSECUTORIL LIES , absolutely is.

You're lying.

They did not solicit statements, or statements they knew to be false. They simply asked him questions. Flynn chose to lie.
And why would he lie about it? It wasn't a crime for him to discuss sanctions...

They solicited Flynn to talk to them, and he was more than happy to meet them, after all, he had "nothing to hide". Flynn had no idea they had that call recorded and already had the records.

We're fortunate to live in the U.S. where we have laws against making false statements to certain people in government. You appear to hate America and our rule of law, when team-Trump is at risk. How patriotic of you.

They LIED TO HIM about what the meeting was over, to get him to FORFIET HIS RIGHT TO HAVE AN ATTORNEY PRESENT, and you have NO IDEA what was asked.

We DO KNOW that the agents who interviewed him said he DID NOT LIE, so the Obama Swamp THREATENED HIS FAMILY to coerce the plea.

And now: Looks like the PRESIDING JUDGE IS DEFINITELY TAKING NOTICE, as well.....

Judge in Flynn case orders Mueller to turn over interview docs after bombshell claim of FBI pressure

One day after former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's legal team made the bombshell allegation that the FBI had pushed him not to bring a lawyer to his fateful Jan. 24, 2017 interview with agents at the White House, the federal judge overseeing Flynn's criminal case is demanding answers from Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan ordered Mueller late Wednesday to turn over all of the government's documents and "memoranda" related to Flynn's questioning. The extraordinary demand puts Mueller under the microscope, and sets a 3:00 p.m. EST Friday deadline for the special counsel's office to produce the sensitive FBI documents.

Sullivan -- who overturned the 2008 conviction of former U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens after government misconduct came to light -- is weighing how to sentence Flynn, who pleaded guilty to one count of lying to federal authorities during the 2017 interview in the West Wing. Flynn faced mounting legal bills that forced him to sell his home amid the prosecution, and Mueller has already recommended he receive no prison time.Sullivan also ordered the Flynn team to turn over the documents backing up its assertions. The judge could determine why the FBI apparently took a significantly more aggressive tack in handling the Flynn interview than it did during other similar matters, including the agency's sit-downs with Hillary Clinton and ex-Trump adviser George Papadopoulos.

Flynn is set to be sentenced next Tuesday -- but Sullivan's move might delay that date, or lead to other dramatic and unexpected changes in the case. Sullivan even has the authority to toss Flynn's guilty plea and the charge against him if he concludes that the FBI interfered with Flynn's constitutional right to counsel, although he has given no indications that he intends to do so.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fl...ll-filing-claiming-he-was-pressured-by-agents

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T We DO KNOW that the agents who interviewed him said he DID NOT LIE
Stop lying, I already corrected you on this. House Republicans cherry-picked the fact that FLynn didn't act like he was lying, so that morons would claim "Agents didn't think Flynn lied!!!! OMG!!! ENTRPMENT!!"
And the reality is as Comey stated, they knew before they even took the interview what was said. They had the call recorded. Oops.

Excuse me? It's "Flynn's fault" that he assumed he was NOT BEING LIED TO BY THE FBI? Because in Obama Swamp World, the FBI gets to LIE TO CITIZENS ABOUT THE NATURE OF AN INTERVIEW, to get them to forfeit their right to an attorney present during any questioning?

Yeah...**** THE CONSTITUTION..if it's the Obama Swamp, and it's to "GET TRUMP. Got it.

I'm saying he was LIED TO by the Deputy Director of the FBI...oh, excuse me...the then-Deputy Director of the FBI says he LIED TO FLYNN about the subject of the interview, to convince Flynn to NOT BRING AN ATTORNEY.

That is ENTRAPMENT, DEFINED, and a glaring violation of Flynn's 14th Amendment rights to Equal Protection Under the Law, and his 4th Amendment rights , to illegal search and seizure, which the interview BASED ON DELIBERATE PROSECUTORIL LIES , absolutely is.

Yawn. None of what you're claiming happened or is relevant and Obama isn't POTUS anymore. You don't understnad the word 'entrapement' and you're only embarrassing yourself by trying to use it.

What you're essentially admitting is that Flynn is a big dummy and you support crime and criminals.

Which, I must say, isn't all that surprising.

Wompity womp womp!

Stop lying, I already corrected you on this. House Republicans cherry-picked the fact that FLynn didn't act like he was lying, so that morons would claim "Agents didn't think Flynn lied!!!! OMG!!! ENTRPMENT!!"
And the reality is as Comey stated, they knew before they even took the interview what was said. They had the call recorded. Oops.

Bull****. You a making it up as you go along.

MCACABE's OWN TESTIMONY DETAILS the FBI's LIES, and now, the PRESIDING JUDGE has ordered the Grand Buffoon to TURN OVER EVERYTHING BEFORE SENTENCING.

Stop with the BULL**** that you know what the FBI asked Flynn; we DO KNOW that the Deputy Director LIED TO HIM AHEAD OF TIME....and the Judge wants to see WTF went on....

Bull****. You a making it up as you go along.
MCACABE's OWN TESTIMONY DETAILS the FBI's LIES, and now, the PRESIDING JUDGE has ordered the Grand Buffoon to TURN OVER EVERYTHING BEFORE SENTENCING.
Stop with the BULL**** that you know what the FBI asked Flynn; we DO KNOW that the Deputy Director LIED TO HIM AHEAD OF TIME....and the Judge wants to see WTF went on....

Quote it Grimlock. You can't, because your posts are a joke. No one takes you, or your CAPITALIZED lies seriously. We occasionally respond only to set the record straight for anyone interested.

Yawn. None of what you're claiming happened or is relevant and Obama isn't POTUS anymore. You don't understnad the word 'entrapement' and you're only embarrassing yourself by trying to use it.

What you're essentially admitting is that Flynn is a big dummy and you support crime and criminals.

Which, I must say, isn't all that surprising.

Wompity womp womp!

Oh..so McCabe was LYING when he testified that he LIED TO FLYNN to KEEP HIM FROM BRINGING A LAWYER, and Judge Sullivan did NOT ORDER the Grand Buffoon to turn over ALL DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING THE INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPTS after the COERCION and LIES were exposed yesterday?

Is it fun playing in Unicorn Land all the time?

Oh..so McCabe was LYING when he testified that he LIED TO FLYNN to KEEP HIM FROM BRINGING A LAWYER, and Judge Sullivan did NOT ORDER the Grand Buffoon to turn over ALL DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING THE INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPTS after the COERCION and LIES were exposed yesterday?

Is it fun playing in Unicorn Land all the time?

It's irrelevant and he wasn't entrapped.

This seems super-duper difficult for you. How can I help you to understand what actually happened.

If you respond, please try and use more all-caps so you can be clear in what you need.

THANKS!

Quote it Grimlock. You can't, because your posts are a joke. No one takes you, or your CAPITALIZED lies seriously. We occasionally respond only to set the record straight for anyone interested.

OP post has McCabe's testimony QUOTED.

Post # 14 details Judge Sullivan's ORDER yesterday.

Try to keep up, will you?

...and this is all being perpetuated by the "Obama Swamp?" Is that how Obama is still controlling the universe, including all these lifelong Republicans?

Our saving grace in all this is that our President and his minions are even more incompetent than they are crooked. They're practically turning themselves in.

It's irrelevant and he wasn't entrapped.

This seems super-duper difficult for you. How can I help you to understand what actually happened.

If you respond, please try and use more all-caps so you can be clear in what you need.

THANKS!

Keep COMMENTING ON CAPS while the world enjoys me giving you your latest PIMP-SLAPPING:

It's "irrelevant" that the Deputy Director of the FBI LIED TO FLYNN when he set up the interview , to PREVENT FLYNN from BRINGING AN ATTORNEY?

Really? The PRESIDING JUDGE DISAGREES:

Judge in Flynn case orders Mueller to turn over interview docs after bombshell claim of FBI pressure

One day after former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's legal team made the bombshell allegation that the FBI had pushed him not to bring a lawyer to his fateful Jan. 24, 2017 interview with agents at the White House, the federal judge overseeing Flynn's criminal case is demanding answers from Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan ordered Mueller late Wednesday to turn over all of the government's documents and "memoranda" related to Flynn's questioning. The extraordinary demand puts Mueller under the microscope, and sets a 3:00 p.m. EST Friday deadline for the special counsel's office to produce the sensitive FBI documents.

Sullivan -- who overturned the 2008 conviction of former U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens after government misconduct came to light -- is weighing how to sentence Flynn, who pleaded guilty to one count of lying to federal authorities during the 2017 interview in the West Wing. Flynn faced mounting legal bills that forced him to sell his home amid the prosecution, and Mueller has already recommended he receive no prison time.Sullivan also ordered the Flynn team to turn over the documents backing up its assertions. The judge could determine why the FBI apparently took a significantly more aggressive tack in handling the Flynn interview than it did during other similar matters, including the agency's sit-downs with Hillary Clinton and ex-Trump adviser George Papadopoulos.

Flynn is set to be sentenced next Tuesday -- but Sullivan's move might delay that date, or lead to other dramatic and unexpected changes in the case. Sullivan even has the authority to toss Flynn's guilty plea and the charge against him if he concludes that the FBI interfered with Flynn's constitutional right to counsel, although he has given no indications that he intends to do so.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fl...ll-filing-claiming-he-was-pressured-by-agents

Der….umm...duh....

Keep COMMENTING ON CAPS while the world enjoys me giving you your latest PIMP-SLAPPING:

It's "irrelevant" that the Deputy Director of the FBI LIED TO FLYNN when he set up the interview , to PREVENT FLYNN from BRINGING AN ATTORNEY?

Really? The PRESIDING JUDGE DISAGREES:

Der….umm...duh....

LOL! So you cannot demonstrate, whatsoever, that he was entrapped or that anything illegal took place in how he was handled by the FBI.

Sweet! Another easy win!

Here, have some more womp!

WOMP WOMP WOMP!

Back
Top Bottom