• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"The floor of Congress is now going to look like an Islamic republic"

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"The floor of Congress is now going to look like an Islamic republic," so says Conservative minister E.W. Jackson,

After reports that Democrats were attempting to reverse a 181-year-old ban on headwear on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, Jackson made a comment on his radio show, calling out Rep.-elect Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., who wears a hijab.

“We are a nation rooted and grounded in Christianity and that’s that. And anybody that doesn’t like that, go live somewhere else.

Given our long and proud tradition of separation of church and state, that statement sounds rather un American to me.

link

It is also a foolish argument because it doesn’t really matter what our country was founded on. Practically speaking, what matters is what the country is NOW. And maybe if he doesn’t like that, he should go live somewhere else.

I for one, believe Congress could use a great deal more headwear.

Hey maybe all Congress people should be made to wear baseball caps with the logos of all the companies that gave money to their campaigns.

Last edited:

Hey maybe all Congress people should be made to wear baseball caps with the logos of all the companies that gave money to their campaigns.

Not enough room. I always thought it should be jump suits, like race car drivers.

"The floor of Congress is now going to look like an Islamic republic," so says Conservative minister E.W. Jackson,

Given our long and proud tradition of separation of church and state, that statement sounds rather un American to me.

link

I like Rep Omars response:
Friday morning, Omar shared a story from the Hill about Jackson’s remarks and offered a response of her own.

“Well sir, the floor of Congress is going to look like America,” she wrote. “And you’re gonna have to just deal.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...ut-hijabs-house-floor/?utm_term=.563aa16e6642

That’s inappropriate. Fedoras would be better.

And the two foot long shoes. Never forget the two foot long shoes.

clown.jpg

I can see it now, Congress in clown shoes and jumpsuits with all of their donors' names. Great idea.

Problem is...that's probably because he wants America to be Christian only.

Far right conservatives want America to be WHITE, CHRISTIAN and HETEROSEXUAL.

Good Lord. I didn't know E.W. Jackson was black.

Maybe someone should remind him that many years ago people of color like HIM would not have been allowed to serve in congress.

Why is it always the far right conservatives that are the most racist , sexist and homophobic? Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom