• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The five best reasons not to believe in God

I only need one:

“NO EVIDENCE.
Most things which we accept, we accept on the basis of proof. That proof is not always rock solid (some of it is based on spurious media claims, for example) but there is a standard to which we hold most of our beliefs. Things that don’t meet that standard – the Tooth Fairy, let’s say – we discard as not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

God, however, many people accept with no proof at all. Belief in God is a product of upbringing, societal and cultural convention, a desire for comfort and intellectual laziness.

There is no evidence that God exists. You may have had some kind of personal experience – what we “anecdotal evidence” that has convinced you personally that he’s out there. But most people would concede that that kind of evidence is not evidence at all. It can’t be repeated under test conditions and there are other possible explanations for what may have happened.
Fact: NO ONE HAS EVER PRESENTED ONE IOTA OF PERSUASIVE EVIDENCE THAT THERE IS A GOD.”

This impresses not a single believer.

Scary

Not true. God doesn't reveal himself to most because it interferes with what he's doing here. Creating independent individuals from his influence.
Facts and evidence are meaningless to a person if they don't want to believe them. Belief is paramount to knowing anything.
No, belief is an impediment to knowing anything.

Not true. God doesn't reveal himself to most because it interferes with what he's doing here. Creating independent individuals from his influence.
Facts and evidence are meaningless to a person if they don't want to believe them. Belief is paramount to knowing anything.
Belief is when there is a lack of knowing. Or when one needs the emotional comfort of wishful thinking.

When you say god you are referring to something which can only be believed in. So there is no way for you to define this god except as to what you believe this god to be. Belief is not paramount to knowing anything, being able to observe, learn and analyze is. If someone rejects facts and evidence it has nothing to do with belief at all. Facts and evidence do not require belief.

You disagree?

That is the way he described by Christians.
I agree with what you said. It is truly amazing that Christians would worship a God that's like...oh, Donald Trump. Be loyal or he will crush you.

I agree with what you said. It is truly amazing that Christians would worship a God that's like...oh, Donald Trump. Be loyal or he will crush you.
Ah. Yes it is amazing.

They describe him as the biggest, most petty, asshole I'm the world and then say I should "worship" him.

I really dont get it.

When you say god you are referring to something which can only be believed in. So there is no way for you to define this god except as to what you believe this god to be. Belief is not paramount to knowing anything, being able to observe, learn and analyze is. If someone rejects facts and evidence it has nothing to do with belief at all. Facts and evidence do not require belief.
God is life, that's all you need to know about him for now.
What facts and evidence do you know but don't believe in?

God is fiction.

Lol.

How is your God being a total dick and playing childish games good for me?
So you can grow and mature without his influence. You'll meet them in the end.

So you can grow and mature without his influence. You'll meet them in the end.
Lol

I'd rather meet Albus Dumbledore, another familiar character.

No, that is not something anyone can know. They can only believe it. It is your belief only.
I know all facts and evidence without believing in them. Belief is not required to know something.

More blather without the slightest bit of actual objective, reality-based evidence.

No, that is not something anyone can know. They can only believe it. It is your belief only.
I know all facts and evidence without believing in them. Belief is not required to know something.
You don't know something without believing, you only suspect.
Facts and evidence provide you with the proof you need in order to believe.
Faith is belief without direct facts and evidence.
I'm afraid this is how the mind works.

I think that's about the right of it.

Belief based on reason requires evidence/observation.
Belief based on faith does not require evidence/observation (and can be made in spite of them).

More blather without the slightest bit of actual objective, reality-based evidence.
I'd respond if you'd say something introspectively intelligent. But you just keep repeating the same garbage.

If you know something, belief is irrelevant.

I only need one:

“NO EVIDENCE.
Most things which we accept, we accept on the basis of proof. That proof is not always rock solid (some of it is based on spurious media claims, for example) but there is a standard to which we hold most of our beliefs. Things that don’t meet that standard – the Tooth Fairy, let’s say – we discard as not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

God, however, many people accept with no proof at all. Belief in God is a product of upbringing, societal and cultural convention, a desire for comfort and intellectual laziness.

There is no evidence that God exists. You may have had some kind of personal experience – what we “anecdotal evidence” that has convinced you personally that he’s out there. But most people would concede that that kind of evidence is not evidence at all. It can’t be repeated under test conditions and there are other possible explanations for what may have happened.
Fact: NO ONE HAS EVER PRESENTED ONE IOTA OF PERSUASIVE EVIDENCE THAT THERE IS A GOD.”

What you are really trying to say is that your religion is "Climate Change".

And they see America as a land of opportunity, and a place to remain and not necessary to simply visit.
They see it as an escape from persecution from drug lords who get their power to persecute from american money made by selling drugs to americans.

Back
Top Bottom