• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The five best reasons not to believe in God

The best reason is that we shouldn't rely on belief for the existence of anything.
A better reason is that you're not supposed to know, it's forbidden. 🙃

Exodus 33:20 - But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”

You’re actually quoting a book of fiction?????????? What exactly do you expect to prove by that???????

A better reason is that you're not supposed to know, it's forbidden. 🙃

It is something impossible to know, that is why it can only be believed in. Nothing to do with being forbidden.

Typical of a Christian to be straightforward and not beat around the bush,
I agree you went straight to the heart of the matter in the usual brash christian sense of superiority.

You showed no hesitancy in using fear to get something.
And there are many Christians in America.
And yes, that is why I said typical of an american.

It is something impossible to know, that is why it can only be believed in. Nothing to do with being forbidden.
Not impossible to know, just very rare. You have to believe first beforehand.

I agree you went straight to the heart of the matter in the usual brash christian sense of superiority.
We like to cut to the chase.
You showed no hesitancy in using fear to get something.
If I see a house burning in the middle of the night, I'm not going to remain quiet for "fear" of waking anyone! What would you do? Say, "Pardon me, but I dare say there appears to be some smoke wafting from your abode ---- say what --say what --- pip, pip, cheerio, and all that sort of rudd."
And yes, that is why I said typical of an American.
So why do so many wish to come to American and not remain where they originated? Could it possibly be that things are not so bad in America?

We like to cut to the chase.

If I see a house burning in the middle of the night, I'm not going to remain quiet for "fear" of waking anyone! What would you do? Say, "Pardon me, but I dare say there appears to be some smoke wafting from your abode ---- say what --say what --- pip, pip, cheerio, and all that sort of rudd."

So why do so many wish to come to American and not remain where they originated? Could it possibly be that things are not so bad in America?

Cut is to fine a word. More like repeatedly stab the chase.

Unfortunately for you the house actually is not burning. It really is just you seeing smoke and possibly a few mirrors.

It is a matter of comparison. When escaping a brutal regime any port in a storm. Please tell me you are not under the impression america is the only country refugees flee to.

Cut is to fine a word. More like repeatedly stab the chase.
So you think I'm stabbing you?
Unfortunately for you the house actually is not burning. It really is just you seeing smoke and possibly a few mirrors.
Where there's smoke there's fire.
It is a matter of comparison. When escaping a brutal regime any port in a storm. Please tell me you are not under the impression America is the only country refugees flee to.
Of course not. There are others that are a whole lot closer.:cool:

So you think I'm stabbing you?

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Of course not. There are others that are a whole lot closer.
No more than I thought you were cutting me.

Yeah! Again, no smoke. Possible traces of a reefer just extinguished is as close as you will get.

These refugees are not running to america. They are fleeing their country.

Not impossible to know, just very rare. You have to believe first beforehand.

If you have to believe in something beforehand, then you cannot know it. It is impossible to know. It can only be believed in. To know something, there needs to be independently verifiable evidence and facts, which in this case there are none.

If you have to believe in something beforehand, then you cannot know it. It is impossible to know. It can only be believed in. To know something, there needs to be independently verifiable evidence and facts, which in this case there are none.
I feel that a what an individual experiences is an eternal motivation or an encouragement by the HOLY SPIRIT. The problem is that as an individual consistently rejects such motivation, that it dwindles and eventually GOD no longer pursues such an individual. The choice that one made is clear. It is very true that children are far more receptive and as they mature they become jaded. But I have seen grown and rather self-invested individuals suddenly come to the light!

I feel that a what an individual experiences is an eternal motivation or an encouragement by the HOLY SPIRIT. The problem is that as an individual consistently rejects such motivation, that it dwindles and eventually GOD no longer pursues such an individual. The choice that one made is clear. It is very true that children are far more receptive and as they mature they become jaded. But I have seen grown and rather self-invested individuals suddenly come to the light!

God never pursued anyone because god doesn't exist. Gods can only be believed in, and human beings have believed in more gods than you can count. Seems that the particular god that believe in is a quitter and really doesn't care about everyone enough. That is a strange god that you have invented.

Rather it implies a random electric/chemical charge to the primordial ooze setting off a billion year or so evolution /s

Every snowflake is both incredibly complex and unique. Is every individual snowflake created by god or can natural processes result in the creation of highly complex unique things?

Here's a couple of my favourite reasons, when I was a kid.

Didn't say any prayers before meals or bed. It was weird going to friends' houses and suddenly everyone is solemnly holding hands and bowing heads and jesus talking, or singing The Lord is Good to Me, or whatever ritual. Can't imagine going through that every day.

Weekends had 2 days to sleep in and do whatever after chores were done.

Individual experience is subjective and anecdotal, which can also influence emotional reactions and judgement.

Not true. God doesn't reveal himself to most because it interferes with what he's doing here. Creating independent individuals from his influence.
Facts and evidence are meaningless to a person if they don't want to believe them. Belief is paramount to knowing anything.

Back
Top Bottom