• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The First Debate Politics Convention

Would you be interested in attending a Debate Politics convention?

• yes

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • no

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I know we've joked about the chaos that would ensue if everyone met. After speaking with a couple people though, I've decided that we should give it a go. Even if mayhem results. :mrgreen:

This first thread is solely to determine how many people would be interested. If enough people respond, than we will have later threads about location, dates, and other planning matters. However, if you have any concerns that would affect whether or not you would attend, feel free to post them

So howbout it? Would you be interested in a debate politics convention?

But first, a disclaimer:

The Debatepolitics.com, including the administrators and moderators are in no way responsible for anything associated with any real life meeting of our members. While we permit users to post announcements and other discussion of meetings and events on the DP.COM, we don't organize, sponsor, endorse, approve, or have any formal association with such events or any activities that may occur at them. We don't vouch for any individual or group organizing an event. Attend at your own risk. Moderators and administrators who attend events do so as private individuals and not as representatives or agents of the DP.COM. We encourage all attendees at these events to obey the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are held.

Sounds great. But I will need some time to sharpen and pack my arrow heads.

Sounds great, I completely agree with Kelzie.;)

OH OH, have it in Chicago, I have a few connections, I'm sure I could get us a convention hall for practically nothing.

Captain America said:
Sounds great. But I will need some time to sharpen and pack my arrow heads.

Maybe sharpen your shield while your at it.

SixStringHero said:
Maybe sharpen your shield while your at it.

How 'bout I bring my Guild instead?

3810500_md.jpg

Last edited:
I'll pack up my stratocaster along with my Marshall and we are good to go.

I say "yes" right now. I think it could be fun. When we know more details later I can say if I am in or not for sure.

alex said:
I say "yes" right now. I think it could be fun. When we know more details later I can say if I am in or not for sure.
My thoughts exactly. Sounds increadibly groovy.

The big depends for me is location and enough time to save up funds.

I vote yes.

I would be interested, but I think since this is a political message board that it should be held in the city that is our political capital--Washington, D.C.

The only thing I worry about is being too much of an object of lust for the men (and the women). ;)

It sounds like alot of fun, as long as there are metal detectors at the entrance, lol! Depending on the date and location I would love to meet everyone in person.

*Also, I work as a travel agent so I could help with some group things if the organizer would need any help putting together a group conference. I do group things all the time so it's no problem.*

aps said:
I would be interested, but I think since this is a political message board that it should be held in the city that is our political capital--Washington, D.C.

The only thing I worry about is being too much of an object of lust for the men (and the women). ;)

And that'ssss...bad....?

Kelzie said:
And that'ssss...bad....?

Then everyone would want me. That can be bad.....sometimes. :lol:

I'll bring my guns...or would this be one of those peaceful conventions? Pffft:roll:

star2589 said:
if its near spokane, seattle, or portland, I'd go.

Forget that. It should be held in Virgina Beach. Two members are already here, which makes up about 75 percent of the DP crowd. Sorry....I had a "Billo" statistical moment there.

I'll fly anywhere.

We have the best pizza.:2wave:

GySgt said:
Forget that. It should be held in Virgina Beach. Two members are already here, which makes up about 75 percent of the DP crowd. Sorry....I had a "Billo" statistical moment there.

I'll fly anywhere.

oldreliable and I are here in the District. Sorry, GySgt. You lose. It's only about a 3-hour drive for you.

GySgt said:
And the best crime. Oh yeah, I'm bringing my guns.

No, crime has been reduced dramatically here, we just pushed it further south, in no way did we actually cure it.:(

I promise if enough people are interested we will start a "where at" thread to duke it out. Might have a lot to do with where we can get the best deals.

aps said:
oldreliable and I are here in the District. Sorry, GySgt. You lose. It's only about a 3-hour drive for you.

If 75 percent of the DP crowd is in Virginia Beach and 75 percent of the DP crowd is in the District, then that means that 25 percent live elsewhere for a grand total of 100 percent?.......dammit, how does "Billo" work his percentages.

I can go anywhere........well, I refuse to go to Kalifornia though, but anywhere else.

vauge said:
Sounds increadibly groovy.
Thanks Fred...

Now gas up the Mystery Machine and I'll go get Velma...

Deegan said:
No, crime has been reduced dramatically here, we just pushed it further south, in no way did we actually cure it.:(

Damn, I was hoping to make "Billo" disappear without anyone noticing. Oh well, there's always toilet swirlies.

Back
Top Bottom