• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The First Debate Politics Convention

Would you be interested in attending a Debate Politics convention?

• yes

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • no

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
Two people actually voted no?

GarzaUK said:
Hey just for the hell of it, lets have it in London!!

London?!?! :shock:

Texas I say! Aside from the quail hunters it ain't a bad place to be!

London Homesick Blues
****************Gary P. Nunn

Well when you're down on your luck and you ain't got a buck in London you're a goner

Even Londpon Bridge has fallen down and moved to Arizona

Now I know why and I'll substantiate the rumor that the English sense of humor

Is drier than the Texas sand

You can put up your dukes or you can bet your boots but I'm leavin' as fast as I can

I want to go home with Armadilla good country music from Amarilla and Abilene

The friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen

Well it's cold over here Lord I swear I wish they'd turn the heat on

And where in the world is that English girl I promised I would meet on the third floor

And of the whole damn lot the only friend I got is a smoke and a cheap guitar

My mind keeps roamin' and my heart keeps longin' to be home in Texas bar

I want to go home with Armadilla...

Well I decided that I'd get my cowboy hat and go down to Marble Arch Station

Cause when a Texas thinks he's gonna take his chances

Chances will be taken that's for sure

And them Limey eyes they were eyin' the prize some people call manly footwear

And they said you're from down south and when you open your mouth

Son you always seem to put your foot there

Captain America said:
London?!?! :shock:

Texas I say! Aside from the quail hunters it ain't a bad place to be!

London Homesick Blues
****************Gary P. Nunn

Well when you're down on your luck and you ain't got a buck in London you're a goner

Even Londpon Bridge has fallen down and moved to Arizona

Now I know why and I'll substantiate the rumor that the English sense of humor

Is drier than the Texas sand

You can put up your dukes or you can bet your boots but I'm leavin' as fast as I can

I want to go home with Armadilla good country music from Amarilla and Abilene

The friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen

Well it's cold over here Lord I swear I wish they'd turn the heat on

And where in the world is that English girl I promised I would meet on the third floor

And of the whole damn lot the only friend I got is a smoke and a cheap guitar

My mind keeps roamin' and my heart keeps longin' to be home in Texas bar

Well I decided that I'd get my cowboy hat and go down to Marble Arch Station

Cause when a Texas thinks he's gonna take his chances

Chances will be taken that's for sure

And them Limey eyes they were eyin' the prize some people call manly footwear

And they said you're from down south and when you open your mouth

Son you always seem to put your foot there

Texas? No thanks.

teacher said:
Well, if it helps you get laid, by all means. Just so long as you know better than to wear it on a fishing trip with the guys.

Besides, we have a fine collection of real mens wear available in the lounge. Yankees shirts, Giants jerseys, Knicks tank tops, Rangers sweats.

Don't you mean Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins?

Ivan The Terrible said:
Na... I think they just all went to Miami or something.

They went to Cancun where they can drink without getting carded.

FFL has cleaned up considerably in the past 10 years. Some years back they took ads in all the major college campus news papers telling students to go elsewhere, that they weren't welcome in FFL.

vauge said:
Hey, whats wrong with Texas?!

For one, the whole "Don't mess with Texas" thing is annoying. Also, they elected Bush as Governor.

vauge said:
Hey, whats wrong with Texas?!

Texas is for steers and queers and LOOOOSSSSSERRRSS like you vauge. I have never met a tough guy from Texas. And you definately fit that profile.

Can't see why anybody would want to attend a convention of fake people.

YOH said:
Texas is for steers and queers and LOOOOSSSSSERRRSS like you vauge. I have never met a tough guy from Texas. And you definately fit that profile.

Don't call other members losers.

This is your second post here so I'm going to go easy on you. Little hint on on-line forum street smarts- don't go around calling the boards creator and owner a loser.

Pacridge said:

This is your second post here so I'm going to go easy on you. Little hint on on-line forum street smarts- don't go around calling the boards creator and owner a loser.

It's a problem child, he's been here all day!:doh

Pacridge said:

Pacridge, you are a decent fellow, I have nothing against you. You and I have spoken in the past. I know all about street smarts, I used to be a cop, remember? I am here to cause trouble, I freely admit it. This is my way of settling a score with the owner of the forum and his cronies.

YOH said:
Pacridge, you are a decent fellow, I have nothing against you. You and I have spoken in the past. I know all about street smarts, I used to be a cop, remember? I am here to cause trouble, I freely admit it. This is my way of settling a score with the owner of the forum and his cronies.

You've only made 6 posts. How have we spoken in the past?

Pacridge said:

Ohh yes, the former cop from Oregon, the guy who has his own small business with Christmas wreathes. If you banned me Pacridge, I would have no problems with it because I know you are fair and you have earned my respect.

Pacridge said:

Someone please slap Pac!:lol:

I am beginning to think we should e-mail the location, we don't need any angry people coming to this party!:shock:

Perhaps we could password this whole thing, It might be a good idea, thanks a$$holes!:roll:

YOH said:

Come up with that yourself sport? You are bringing some very weak shi*t. This is a place of text. Try to come up with something better than the crap we used to toss around in elementry school. Texas is for steers and queers? I don't know what's more pathetic, the fact that you took the time to type that or that you lost control of your facilities and hit submit. I'm guessing you're gonna go down easy. Just like MOTT. Start talking tough now.

Deegan said:
I am beginning to think we should e-mail the location, we don't need any angry people coming to this party!:shock:

Perhaps we could password this whole thing, It might be a good idea, thanks a$$holes!:roll:

I think you are exactly right. Better yet, we could fake them out. Wont ptsdkid be surprised when he shows up at an abandoned factory in Boise?

teacher said:
I think you are exactly right. Better yet, we could fake them out. Wont ptsdkid be surprised when he shows up at an abandoned factory in Boise?

Oh sheet, LOL, I just peed myself!:rofl

San Francisco would be nice, San Diego would be excellent.

YOH said:

:rofl

1) What is this High Noon? You're settlin' a score? bah hahahahaha

2) cronies......vauge and his cronies :rofl :rofl :rofl

oh me, oh my.....maybe I'm just overtired but that **** cracks me up

Kelzie said:
I know we've joked about the chaos that would ensue if everyone met. After speaking with a couple people though, I've decided that we should give it a go. Even if mayhem results. :mrgreen:

This first thread is solely to determine how many people would be interested. If enough people respond, than we will have later threads about location, dates, and other planning matters. However, if you have any concerns that would affect whether or not you would attend, feel free to post them

So howbout it? Would you be interested in a debate politics convention?

But first, a disclaimer:

The Debatepolitics.com, including the administrators and moderators are in no way responsible for anything associated with any real life meeting of our members. While we permit users to post announcements and other discussion of meetings and events on the DP.COM, we don't organize, sponsor, endorse, approve, or have any formal association with such events or any activities that may occur at them. We don't vouch for any individual or group organizing an event. Attend at your own risk. Moderators and administrators who attend events do so as private individuals and not as representatives or agents of the DP.COM. We encourage all attendees at these events to obey the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are held.

Happy Birthday, Kelzie!

Back
Top Bottom