• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The first ________?

I hope this was a joke...even if it was a bad one, John.

No joke - totally serious. Why should a person, by virtue solely of their marriage to the elected President, get an office, loads of staff, and a budget of several $millions annually. Sounds like a make work project for "the little woman" to me. I thought women were strong and independent enough now not to rely on tokenism for their roles in life.

I believe he would still be Mr President until an accident happens.

If Hillary does win as the first female president, what do you think Bill's title should be?

First man?

First gentleman?

he will lose the charisma,that is a fact

No joke - totally serious. Why should a person, by virtue solely of their marriage to the elected President, get an office, loads of staff, and a budget of several $millions annually. Sounds like a make work project for "the little woman" to me. I thought women were strong and independent enough now not to rely on tokenism for their roles in life.

I agree and would prefer being called president to ' first lady'

Stick to Canada, John...or brush up on the kind of WORK a First Lady has to do...for the benefit of the nation.

My expectations are:

He will be referred to as the First President Clinton.

a fact is reality your conclusions is erroneous

According to Hillary Clinton's filing that covers the 2011 calendar year, former President Bill Clinton gave 54 speeches last year.

Bill Clinton made a total of $13,434,000 for his 54 speeches, which works out to an average of $248,777.78 per speech.

Billy Boy is more popular than ever in spite of what the tighty righties would hope

Stick to Canada, John...or brush up on the kind of WORK a First Lady has to do...for the benefit of the nation.

No one elected the First Lady. If Hillary wasn't BJ Clinton's "little woman" she would be some obscure hack lawyer filing frivolous civil rights lawsuits. Canada John is correct.

Because he won't be seen as powerful? That he will be second fiddle to his wife? Can you explain your reasoning?

No one elected the First Lady. If Hillary wasn't BJ Clinton's "little woman" she would be some obscure hack lawyer filing frivolous civil rights lawsuits. Canada John is correct.

Exactly. If it wasn't for Bill no one would have ever heard about the unlikable Hillary.

There are some who would argue that if Bill Clinton had not married Hillary Rodham...he would be a school teacher somewhere...and she would be in high political office.

Fact is, American conservatives argued along those lines when that was what they were instructed to think by the barons.

John is not correct...he is wrong.

There are some who would argue that if Bill Clinton had not married Hillary Rodham...he would be a school teacher somewhere...and she would be in high political office.

Fact is, American conservatives argued along those lines when that was what they were instructed to think by the barons.

John is not correct...he is wrong.

She's just an expensive hostess:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Lady_of_the_United_States

The First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS),[1] is an unofficial title and position traditionally held by the wife of the president, concurrent with his term of office.

The position of the First Lady is unofficial and carries no official duties. The role of the First Lady has evolved over the centuries. The main role of the First ladies, besides their private role as spouse, has been as host and organizer to the White House. [2] She organizes and attends official ceremonies and functions of state either along with, or in place of, the president.

The position is largely one of status, and First Ladies have held influence in a range of sectors, from fashion to public opinion on policy. Historically, should a president be unmarried, or the president's wife is unable to act as First Lady, the president usually asks a relative or friend to act as White House hostess.

Because he won't be seen as powerful? That he will be second fiddle to his wife? Can you explain your reasoning?

Let me make it clear ; once he was a president and his wife will be called president instead of him.we are living in a man's world!People will mock him much more than the past.

Back
Top Bottom