• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The final step in Putin's plan for Ukraine.

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The invasion of Ukraine is not the final step in Putin's plan. He has made it clear he considers Ukraine part of Russia and that is the final step. He will put a Pro Russian government in control of Ukraine and that government will ask to become part of Russia once again. It might take a year or several years, but Putin plans ahead and that is where this is headed. After that, who knows where this maniac will go, and he is a maniac

The invasion of Ukraine is not the final step in Putin's plan. He has made it clear he considers Ukraine part of Russia and that is the final step. He will put a Pro Russian government in control of Ukraine and that government will ask to become part of Russia once again. It might take a year or several years, but Putin plans ahead and that is where this is headed. After that, who knows where this maniac will go, and he is a maniac
Do you think he's gone criminally insane?

That's quite an imprecise term, but I'd say yes as to what I think it means.
He's sitting there in his billions of dollars, and he has to do this to humanity?

Out with Putin, smash the Oligarchy, have a Democratic Russia, what has the present regime done but murder and torture. Putin is a pervert that likes to torture people. And we shake his hand, Jesus Christ Putin.

I think it has been quite clear for some time what Putin's long term goal is. He wants to reestablish the Russian Empire (with himself as Tsar). The Soviet Union, where he was an apparatchik, approximated that, and it expanded Russian influence far beyond the old borders.

So far, as I pointed out in another thread, he's been successful in Belarus, in establishing a puppet regime, in portions of Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, which he has invaded and retained control of, and in the southern border states of Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan with the CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organization), his imagined counter to NATO.

Interestingly, even in the Donbas region, the majority of the population, even among Russian speakers, wants to remain Ukrainian, according to polling. Zelentsky won over 73% of the vote in 2019.

I think it has been quite clear for some time what Putin's long term goal is. He wants to reestablish the Russian Empire (with himself as Tsar). The Soviet Union, where he was an apparatchik, approximated that, and it expanded Russian influence far beyond the old borders.

So far, as I pointed out in another thread, he's been successful in Belarus, in establishing a puppet regime, in portions of Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, which he has invaded and retained control of, and in the southern border states of Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan with the CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organization), his imagined counter to NATO.

Interestingly, even in the Donbas region, the majority of the population, even among Russian speakers, wants to remain Ukrainian, according to polling. Zelentsky won over 73% of the vote in 2019.
It does not matter to Putin. For him, might makes right and he has the might. See if I am wrong in a year or two if I am still here.

Back
Top Bottom