• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Federal Reserve..... of ... America?

Do you think the Federal Reserve should have so much control over our economy?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes. Power never corrupts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. They are systematically extorting the masses.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Conflict

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I would just like to get some abstract opinions on this issue to see other veiwpoints.

This is an abstract opinion of my own;

Government should be small but it should also be held accountable in a fiscal sense, intervening on issues that extend beyond the rights of others and their ability to prosper financially. It must protect against corporate irresponsibility, monopoly, Racketeering, Fraud, etcetera.. .

Being that our economy is based upon a privatized economical regimen with little known checks or balances; How is it that these types of violations are being prevented if not only manifesting by a form of "collusive bribery".

Lobbyism has created a huge impartiality to the ethics and morale that a reprepresentative is supposed to hold for his constitiuency, especially when such gratuittal benefits are not extended into the consistuency but only go to the proliferation of the career of the said representative. THerefore in such a process the voice of the contituents is not heard but only the will of industry and corporate America.

There is nothing Brave, Courageous, Independent, Logical, nor Righteous about allowing the decision of a constituency to be influenced by money. I don't think this type of support truly represents the will of the American people nor the principles in which we strive to live by.

This being said I fail to realize how a "democratic republic" is well served by a privatized backbone of an economy. There should be a mitigating factor... something more than a vague inquisition by congress once every quarter.

Admittedly I am no expert in economics but this is my humble interpretation.

So, what's your take on the Federal Reserve, the fact that it is virtually a private establishment , and/or what role it should play in our government, if any? .

Last edited:
Well there have been two votes but no replies.

I posted this in hope to find other viewpoints. I created this thread to be a virtue of opinion and not debate. Personally I will not respond to any opinion here which does not attack my own. ( :3oops: ). Let's not be shy.. hopefully someone interested in politics would have something to say about the matter......

Doesn't the federal reserve prevent things like the Great Depression from happening?

I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I thought that if banks are too ever need it, the money found in the reserve can be given to the banks.

I dunno.

Hornburger said:
Doesn't the federal reserve prevent things like the Great Depression from happening?

I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I thought that if banks are too ever need it, the money found in the reserve can be given to the banks.

I dunno.

Actually in most historical accounts the great depression was attributed to the Federal Reserve. There was a point in time in this country that we had a coin economy... an economy devoid of game theory and several intricate policies that the laymen cannot understand. I guess that may be sort of my position. We need economic equality for basic quality of life... not a seperation between the impoverished and the elite.

Conflict said:
Actually in most historical accounts the great depression was attributed to the Federal Reserve. There was a point in time in this country that we had a coin economy... an economy devoid of game theory and several intricate policies that the laymen cannot understand. I guess that may be sort of my position. We need economic equality for basic quality of life... not a seperation between the impoverished and the elite.
Well, back then we didn't have a Federal Reserve...and that's why the Great Depression was sooo severe...So even though something that severe probably and hopefully won't happen again, reserve or not, I just think that keeping one is a good insurance policy. Because, man...that Depression just SUCKED.

Because of the Great Depression, the Reserve was created..

Hornburger said:
Well, back then we didn't have a Federal Reserve...and that's why the Great Depression was sooo severe...So even though something that severe probably and hopefully won't happen again, reserve or not, I just think that keeping one is a good insurance policy. Because, man...that Depression just SUCKED.

Because of the Great Depression, the Reserve was created..

Is that so? Source?

THe federal reserve existed far before the United States experienced the great depression. I was hoping to find a pundit or two... or in all sincerity any educated view on the issue. As a matter of fact it was only the average life span of a native american in which the federal reserve was reformed in contrast to it's inception.

Conflict said:
Is that so? Source?

THe federal reserve existed far before the United States experienced the great depression. I was hoping to find a pundit or two... or in all sincerity any educated view on the issue. As a matter of fact it was only the average life span of a native american in which the federal reserve was reformed in contrast to it's inception.
umm, I'll give you it if I get around to it lol. I think that the Federal Reserve was banned, reinstated, banned, reinstated, etc etc. over history. And I think that there was no Federal Reserve when the Great Depression hit...

But I'll work on finding that info...if I get around to it lol.

Hornburger said:
umm, I'll give you it if I get around to it lol. I think that the Federal Reserve was banned, reinstated, banned, reinstated, etc etc. over history. And I think that there was no Federal Reserve when the Great Depression hit...

Hey, take your time. Like I said I am not here to be a pundit. I am, perhaps, just as uncertain as you. However I do have a good grasp on 'game theory" which is the economical indoctrination of the United States. One that I don't agree with. I'll give you all the time in the world. I am looking for opinions here..... that said I am looking for more descriptive opinions. More lucid opinions. Anything substantive.

Hornburger said:

Based on your FIRST post in this thread, I think you are referring to FDIC.

Caine said:
Based on your FIRST post in this thread, I think you are referring to FDIC.
ohhh...probably.

Back
Top Bottom