• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Fascist states of America

From my reading of such laws (when I could) I don't see any "voter suppression." I see exactly what the bills were intended to do. Increase voting security, reduce forms of possible fraud, and ensure people legally entitled to vote can do so.

Too often the Democrats and other Leftists frame things as negatively as possible, where there is no real negative involved. Just things they think might somehow affect their ability to win elections. (By hook or crook IMHO).

First, there was actual voter fraud discovered. That's why the chant went from "there was no voter fraud," to "there was no widespread fraud sufficient to affect the election."

Personally, I believe there may well have been. It's just been covered up IMHO. That does not change the results, which have been confirmed by law. I accept the results.

But I believe that the actions to clarify and make more secure voting processes would go a long way toward ensuring acceptance of future results.
But here is the problem. If republicans lose the next major election, they will scream fraud and deny the results just as in the 2020 election. Mark my words, they are addicted to power and can't take a loss quietly.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

“This is no small thing, to restore a republic after it has fallen into corruption. I have studied history for years and I cannot recall it ever happening. It may be that our task is impossible. Yet, if we do not try then how will we know it can’t be done? And if we do not try, it most certainly won’t be done. The Founders’ Republic, and the larger war for western civilization, will be lost.”

“But I tell you this: We will not go gently into that bloody collectivist good night. Indeed, we will make with our defiance such a sound as ALL history from that day forward will be forced to note, even if they despise us in the writing of it.”

~ Mike Vanderboegh

Let this be a warning to those who would corrupt our great country.

I'm looking at YOU, Elites.
Lol...you mean restore white males to their rightful spot at the top of the totem pole.

But here is the problem. If republicans lose the next major election, they will scream fraud and deny the results just as in the 2020 election. Mark my words, they are addicted to power and can't take a loss quietly.
Look what they’re doing to Liz Cheney. That tells you exactly who those assholes are.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

“This is no small thing, to restore a republic after it has fallen into corruption. I have studied history for years and I cannot recall it ever happening. It may be that our task is impossible. Yet, if we do not try then how will we know it can’t be done? And if we do not try, it most certainly won’t be done. The Founders’ Republic, and the larger war for western civilization, will be lost.”

“But I tell you this: We will not go gently into that bloody collectivist good night. Indeed, we will make with our defiance such a sound as ALL history from that day forward will be forced to note, even if they despise us in the writing of it.”

~ Mike Vanderboegh

Let this be a warning to those who would corrupt our great country.

I'm looking at YOU, Elites.

This idea that Trump isn't part of the elite is pathetic.

He was born into mountains of money, has never had to work a day in his entire life and has surrounded himself with yesmen who will be fired and ostracised the second they step out of line.
The Republicans are the party of the elites and you support them 100% so your protestations make zero sense.

You vote to give more power to the elites while you claim to hate them.

Not to deflect by a Tu Quo Que response, but isn't that exactly what the Democrats did in 2016? I seem to recall all sorts of claims the election was tainted; by fraud, by foreign interference, or both.

Immediately followed by demands for recounts, attempts to encourage unfaithful Electors, petitions from all sorts of professionals (mental health, medical, legal), educators, business leaders, current and former government officials to keep him out of office. Then there were also Congressional challenges to the validity of electors in 2017 but no Senator supported them. Followed by demands Trump's own Cabinet use the 25th Amendment to remove him as unfit.

Now anything is possible, but your assertion that despite these new voting laws Republicans will "scream fraud" and deny the results simply because they lose an election is simply another projection. IMO that would only occur if there is a successful attempt by Democrats (as they are trying to now with HR 1 "Voting Rights" law) to Federalize voting.

He was born into mountains of money, has never had to work a day in his entire life and has surrounded himself with yesmen who will be fired and ostracised the second they step out of line.
The Republicans are the party of the elites and you support them 100% so your protestations make zero sense.

The dude doesn’t even drive, never even had to learn the skill.

Not to deflect by a Tu Quo Que response, but isn't that exactly what the Democrats did in 2016? I seem to recall all sorts of claims the election was tainted; by fraud, by foreign interference, or both.

Immediately followed by demands for recounts, attempts to encourage unfaithful Electors, petitions from all sorts of professionals (mental health, medical, legal), educators, business leaders, current and former government officials to keep him out of office. Then there were also Congressional challenges to the validity of electors in 2017 but no Senator supported them. Followed by demands Trump's own Cabinet use the 25th Amendment to remove him as unfit.

Now anything is possible, but your assertion that despite these new voting laws Republicans will "scream fraud" and deny the results simply because they lose an election is simply another projection. IMO that would only occur if there is a successful attempt by Democrats (as they are trying to now with HR 1 "Voting Rights" law) to Federalize voting.

No. That's what Trump did. He used the same playbook in 2016 as he used in 2020. It is well-documented.

Thanks for stopping by with your feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings.

Lol...you mean restore white males to their rightful spot at the top of the totem pole.
This has nothing to do with color or sex. But I'm not surprised you would play those two cards. You have nothing else in your deck.

Elite has nothing to do with family money or birthright.

From my reading of such laws (when I could) I don't see any "voter suppression." I see exactly what the bills were intended to do. Increase voting security, reduce forms of possible fraud, and ensure people legally entitled to vote can do so.

Too often the Democrats and other Leftists frame things as negatively as possible, where there is no real negative involved. Just things they think might somehow affect their ability to win elections. (By hook or crook IMHO).

First, there was actual voter fraud discovered. That's why the chant went from "there was no voter fraud," to "there was no widespread fraud sufficient to affect the election."

Personally, I believe there may well have been. It's just been covered up IMHO. That does not change the results, which have been confirmed by law. I accept the results.

But I believe that the actions to clarify and make more secure voting processes would go a long way toward ensuring acceptance of future results.
Voter security to GOPers means voter suppression. All of these states that have so far passed these bills have said that the 2020 election was secure without problems. The only thing that is pushing them to pass these bills then can only be voter suppression.

There ya go. Right on cue with your regurgitated talking points.

I asked if it was hard to get a ID card.

69% of black people support voter ID, and 73% of voters overall.

It seems that you think 73% of Americans are all stupid, or maybe you just just decided to take the side of dumb.
Voter ID is still a problem as states continue to make it hard for many to get the "right' id,, but it is not the major problem. It is all of the other "tricks' that the GOp is playing. In Georgia they stopped early voting on Sunday because black people went from their churches to the voting places in mass to vote. Can not make it that easy. They allowed local authorities to limit voting hours so that people who worked had a harder time to get to the polls. If you waited in line for four hours and the voting hours closed, too bad you lost your chance to vote. I could go on. Do any of these changes actually make voting more secure, no, they make it harder for people of color to vote.

Elite has nothing to do with family money or birthright.

So, you just decide who is and isn't elite?
That's convenient.

The Globalists didn't come into significant worldwide power until the 80's. That means, for the purposes of my contentions, FDR, Truman and Ike are irrelevant. Obama? He didn't challenge the Elites. He was one of them.

Those two quotes are not "apocalyptic". They are reality. They are the mindset of the people who would actually challenge the Elites.

I don't care so much about "who" says something...rather, what was said. And, as a person who supports Globalists and the political Elites who make their aims possible, you should take heed of the fact that a LOT of people agree with those two quotes.
Precisely what is the definition of globalism and what is wrong with it? We have treaties with nations around the globe, bases all over the globe, have cooperated with other countries on climate change and trying to control drug trafficking. We have had NATO, SEATO, have ratified three international treaties that protect refugees, the list goes on. We have also intervened all over the globe to topple governments, sadly, some of them democracies. Globalism has been alive and well for quite a while now, way before the 1980s. But maybe I am missing your point, and maybe you have a more serious concern.

Precisely what is the definition of globalism and what is wrong with it? We have treaties with nations around the globe, bases all over the globe, have cooperated with other countries on climate change and trying to control drug trafficking. We have had NATO, SEATO, have ratified three international treaties that protect refugees, the list goes on. We have also intervened all over the globe to topple governments, sadly, some of them democracies. Globalism has been alive and well for quite a while now, way before the 1980s. But maybe I am missing your point, and maybe you have a more serious concern.
globalist

someone who believes that economic and foreign policy should be planned in an international way, rather than according to what is best for one particular country

GLOBALIST | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Whatever treaties, agreements, etc., that the US has, what is best for the US should be the prime motivation. You can certainly believe that other countries hold what's best for their country as their prime motivation, as well.

But the biggest problem with globalists is that they don't care about "what's best for the world" or "what's best for their country". They only care about money and power.

globalist

someone who believes that economic and foreign policy should be planned in an international way, rather than according to what is best for one particular country

GLOBALIST | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Whatever treaties, agreements, etc., that the US has, what is best for the US should be the prime motivation. You can certainly believe that other countries hold what's best for their country as their prime motivation, as well.

But the biggest problem with globalists is that they don't care about "what's best for the world" or "what's best for their country". They only care about money and power.
You are describing Trump in your last sentences, but can you name some other people who act that way?

And it seems that globalism has been going on for a long time, as we and other countries have long agreed to be beholden to international standards with respect to trade and foreign policy, albeit putting some limits on those when appropriate.

Voter ID is still a problem as states continue to make it hard for many to get the "right' id,, but it is not the major problem. It is all of the other "tricks' that the GOp is playing. In Georgia they stopped early voting on Sunday because black people went from their churches to the voting places in mass to vote. Can not make it that easy. They allowed local authorities to limit voting hours so that people who worked had a harder time to get to the polls. If you waited in line for four hours and the voting hours closed, too bad you lost your chance to vote. I could go on. Do any of these changes actually make voting more secure, no, they make it harder for people of color to vote.

Freaking BS, and you know it.

No state makes it hard to get a ID.

And BS to waiting in line after normal poll closing hours, because anyone that was in line will vote if you got in line before normal closing.

You are describing Trump in your last sentences, but can you name some other people who act that way?

And it seems that globalism has been going on for a long time, as we and other countries have long agreed to be beholden to international standards with respect to trade and foreign policy, albeit putting some limits on those when appropriate.
That doesn't describe Trump at all.

Other people? Well, at least 90% of all Congressmen...left and right. At least 90% of the leading politicians in other countries. All of the multinational corporations. The international banking system. Most of the investors in most of the world's stock markets.

There are TRILLIONS at stake.

That doesn't describe Trump at all.

Other people? Well, at least 90% of all Congressmen...left and right. At least 90% of the leading politicians in other countries. All of the multinational corporations. The international banking system. Most of the investors in most of the world's stock markets.

There are TRILLIONS at stake.
“They only care about money and power.” Seems to fit Trump perfectly. You don’t need to study at Trump University to learn that.

Keep your eyes on the ball folks. The GOP wants you to forget Jan 6th and:
- ignore State Election Law changes designed to make it harder for Citizens to vote
- ignore the laughable DUMB-a-THON fake election audit going on in Arizona
- ignore Mitch McConnell stumbling around like a fool (Mitchie-poo has lost a few MPH off his fastball)
- ignore the fact that they have got nothing, no platform, no policies, no programs, no nothing other than allegiance to Fat Donald and Obstruction.....one a LOSER politician and the other a LOSER position.

Instead they want you to pay attention to their latest faux outrage culture war cause. It was:
- The Muppets
- Dr Seuss
- Mr Potatohead
- Hamburgers

AND NOW....drum roll please,
- Snow White

You just can't make this shit up.

Horsecrap. There was no voter fraud, only in the minds of trump followers. Everything the gop is doing is based on a lie trump tolk you and you bought into it.

Keep your eyes on the ball folks. The GOP wants you to forget Jan 6th and:
- ignore State Election Law changes designed to make it harder for Citizens to vote
- ignore the laughable DUMB-a-THON fake election audit going on in Arizona
- ignore Mitch McConnell stumbling around like a fool (Mitchie-poo has lost a few MPH off his fastball)
- ignore the fact that they have got nothing, no platform, no policies, no programs, no nothing other than allegiance to Fat Donald and Obstruction.....one a LOSER politician and the other a LOSER position.

Instead they want you to pay attention to their latest faux outrage culture war cause. It was:
- The Muppets
- Dr Seuss
- Mr Potatohead
- Hamburgers

AND NOW....drum roll please,
- Snow White

You just can't make this shit up.
Snow White?

Snow White?
Yup....just google it. "Snow White cancel" will work as a query. The whole Faux outrage is so stupid and as usual so Right Wing CT complicated that I struggle to find the strength to keystroke it here.

Yup....just google it. "Snow White cancel" will work as a query. The whole Faux outrage is so stupid and as usual so Right Wing CT complicated that I struggle to find the strength to keystroke it here.
I did. Amazing. Was there actually a sentient being who brought up the kiss as problematic? I have to assume some of the dwarfs have issues as well.

Imagine if Ms. White had been drowning, and the Pransome Hince had given her mouth-to-mouth.

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw somewhere. A guy asks his sex doll if he has permission to inflate her.

Between gerrymandering and their brand new voter suppression laws, the GOP controlled states are becoming the fascist states of America. They do not seem to be even trying to make these new laws look like anything but voter suppression laws. The very states which stated after the election that they had fair elections are now trying to convince us that they are doing this to insure that elections are fair. Actually, they are just the opposite, they are rigging the elections just like was done in Italy and Germany before WWII and is now being done in Trump's favorite country, Russia. Everytime I read some post here about how lefties do not want fair elections, I just have to laugh. The real culprits are the GOP in states where they are creating the fascist states of America.
The GOP today is being led by fools who are destroying their own party.

There is enormous publicity concerning the steps the GOP is taking in attempts to suppress the vote. Right now it is a dull roar. When the election rolls around it will be a crescendo.

The Democrats will make sure of that, and people will still be allowed to vote. Some groups are being told that the Republican Party wants to limit their voting power.

That will make their resolve to vote even stronger and they won't be voting for the Republican Party!

Now how stupid is that? Red states will follow the example set by Georgia. That red state voted for Biden and two Democratic Senators giving control of the Senate to the Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom