• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The far left, the intolerant left, the intimidating left, and Pelosi.

I am an American watching our institutions erode to an authoritarian left paradigm.

You are a Conservative watching your party in control of the Senate, the White House and the Supreme Court. Tend to the erosion of our Democratic institutions and norms caused by your own party.

When you post a link you're also supposed to copy and paste a section from the article supporting your point (whatever that is).

He was hoping Roy Moore would win. LOL!

I am an American watching our institutions erode to an authoritarian left paradigm.

How is the normal process of choosing a Speaker "authoritarian?!"

What elites have been pushed out by the GOP? Have you noticed Trump’s cabinet?

I am talking about "Party Elites". You know...the likes of Flake, Ryan and others.

It has been said that our democracy is under attack. generally this is a criticism aimed at Trump.
However, the far left supports Pelosi and is threatening those that oppose her. Not move on .Pelosi.

If we objectively observe the Democrats choose their leader, does their selection look like a democratic process or more like an election in the USSR.

Whatever the far left pretends to be, the reality is that it is an authoritarian movement that relies on oppression and intimidation.

So democrats, step up, oppose your leader if you have the nerve. More concerning is that Pelosi seeks power and will not object to strong arm tactics of intimidation.

Wake up America, this is what the far left is like. They are undermining our democracy and blaming Trump.

Wow! Not one referenced article, just a raw opinion based on what....thin air I'd guess.

Were I in the US right now I would want some different answers from my politicos....is there ever going to be any actual governing now? Stupid Ivanka - duh - "I'm as smart as my dad" who has done the stupidest, stupidest, stupidest thing...and used her personal email for government stuff!

EGAD! Could she have been ANY dumber? Just hand the left the quasi legal public harassment tool invented by the Republicans! "Lock her up!"

That's arrogance above and beyond anything Hilary could come up with.

Stop hating your fellow Americans or you won't have an America. Personally I believe that would be an improvement in world affairs, but fear the spillage, having the "worst of humanity", as Trump referred to asylum seekers, spilling across our borders. We already have a back log of 25,000 American asylum seekers.

While you people spend money on guns to use against one another, this LEFTIST country spends its money on the care of their neighbors. Which do you think is the more healthy?

It has been said that our democracy is under attack. generally this is a criticism aimed at Trump.
However, the far left supports Pelosi and is threatening those that oppose her. Not move on .Pelosi.

If we objectively observe the Democrats choose their leader, does their selection look like a democratic process or more like an election in the USSR.

Whatever the far left pretends to be, the reality is that it is an authoritarian movement that relies on oppression and intimidation.

So democrats, step up, oppose your leader if you have the nerve. More concerning is that Pelosi seeks power and will not object to strong arm tactics of intimidation.

Wake up America, this is what the far left is like. They are undermining our democracy and blaming Trump.

Right-wingers just got their authoritarian asses handed to them. The last thing the Dems need to to is take advice from those losers on how to lead and who should lead.

I see you have not read the coverage on move on .org

Choice is a good thing. Authoritarians don't seem to be able to grasp that for some reason.

When you post a link you're also supposed to copy and paste a section from the article supporting your point (whatever that is).

Basically the premise is, we have a hard core right winger telling us to go look at Fox News to help us decide who we should support for Democratic Speaker.

Nancy has them scared. As they should be.

As Nancy Pelosi faces a grueling fight with her own members to regain the speaker’s gavel in January, pro-Pelosi left-wing activist groups are warning of a "backlash" against House Democrats who oppose her.

But now, with the California Democrat’s leadership on the line, left-wing activist groups and going to bat for her -- and warning of dire consequences for those who oppose her.
Left-wing group MoveOn.org tweeted Thursday that its members “strongly support and call on all members of the Democratic causus to support @NancyPelosi for Speaker."

Should make you happy if its so "grueling". But instead you seem more frightened than happy.

it is not a debate, it is vote for Pelosi or else. Strong arm tactics, authoritarianism. HYPOCRISY

Wait a second... if it so "authoritarian"... then why would it be:

As Nancy Pelosi faces a grueling fight with her own members to regain the speaker’s gavel in January, pro-Pelosi left-wing activist groups are warning of a "backlash" against House Democrats who oppose her.

?

Authoritarians tend to not have "grueling" fights. It's usually pretty easy for them.

The far left are fanatics.

But they control the media and are successfully indoctrinating naïve university students.

The far left are the ones that are responsible for open borders.

The far left are the ones who say male university students should have no due process when accused by angelic females.

The far left excuse violence by saying that poverty is the cause.

Give the devil his due: The far left is succeeding in its efforts to change this country's culture and institutions.

In a hundred years' time, the United States of America may no longer exist in its present form.

The far left are fanatics.

But they control the media and are successfully indoctrinating naïve university students.

The far left are the ones that are responsible for open borders.

The far left are the ones who say male university students should have no due process when accused by angelic females.

The far left excuse violence by saying that poverty is the cause.

Give the devil his due: The far left is succeeding in its efforts to change this country's culture and institutions.

In a hundred years' time, the United States of America may no longer exist in its present form.

You sound like Jordan Peterson....he says that they are now about 5% of the population and have like you indicate taken over the University and are pumping out clones of themselves....that they are now a big enough and well trained enough group that they have decided to make their push to take over America. I say that they are going to use the experience of Trump to sell their agenda, and that once Trump is gone in 2020 and they likely have the White House and at least the House that they will be vicious...The revenge is going to be something to see.

Its so funny hearing crappola like this from those in Texas. Have you ever looked at the gerrymandered map of the district in Texas? Talk about staking the deck. But I guess its okay since the cons are responsible. Wake up America! LOL! That abstinence only education is working out real well I understand, highest or at least top 5 in teenage pregnancy. Congrats!

if you cannot refute the facts divert attention, is it possible for you to address the op. or are you just a stupid new York liberal. explain why people are scared to run against Pelosi. while you are at it maybe address the rigged primary.

The House votes for the Speaker. This is normal. What are upset about?

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/speaker-outside-influence-pelosi

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, in her bumpy bid to reclaim the speaker’s gavel, has wooed endorsements from more than two dozen outside groups and labor unions, an atypical element of a debate usually held within the party’s inner sanctum.
The public show of support for the California Democrat makes clear the high stakes of the leadership slate for the incoming House majority and for the party’s off-the-Hill allies. MoveOn.org weighed in on Pelosi’s behalf on Thursday evening, as other progressive and liberal-leaning groups say privately their leaders are considering taking the unprecedented step of making an endorsement in a leadership contest.

You are a Conservative watching your party in control of the Senate, the White House and the Supreme Court. Tend to the erosion of our Democratic institutions and norms caused by your own party.
why would you call a libertarian a republican?

why not address the lack of choice in the left, conscription in democracy, vote our way or else. The republicans had Jordon to challenge McCarthy.

How is the normal process of choosing a Speaker "authoritarian?!"

maybe you should read the news, I assumed that people on this forum did, but again the left is uninformed as usual.

Statement from Ilya Sheyman, executive director of MoveOn.org Political Action, on Nancy Pelosi’s candidacy for House Democratic Leader:

“After this election, progressives expect Democrats in Congress to stand up for communities targeted by Donald Trump and to do all they can to resist his dangerous and bigoted agenda, which Americans rejected in the national popular vote. Progressives are also counting on congressional Democrats to express a populist and inclusive vision for the future that speaks to Americans across lines of race, class, and geography—a vision for how we can build a democracy that isn’t run by corporations, and an economy that works for everybody, not just those at the top, and a country where all Americans’ rights are respected and equal opportunity is protected. We believe that Nancy Pelosi is best positioned to lead House Democrats in this direction, and support her candidacy for Democratic Leader.”

Right-wingers just got their authoritarian asses handed to them. The last thing the Dems need to to is take advice from those losers on how to lead and who should lead.

it seems that the left is more authoritarian but that escapes you.

more or less like a 50 year old with a 16 year old girlfriend does not get upset when a 19 year old dates a 12 year old.

it seems that the left is more authoritarian but that escapes you.

You keep saying this is all authoritarian while also a "grueling" fight for pelosi. Authoritarians don't usually have to fight much at all. Make up your mind.

more or less like a 50 year old with a 16 year old girlfriend does not get upset when a 19 year old dates a 12 year old.

What does your dating scenario life have to do with anything?

if you cannot refute the facts divert attention, is it possible for you to address the op. or are you just a stupid new York liberal. explain why people are scared to run against Pelosi. while you are at it maybe address the rigged primary.

Stupid NY liberal? Me? How could you say such a thing? I am deeply hurt. I looked it up. Texas was #4 when it came to teen pregnancy in 2016. Go Texas! As to Pelosi I would hope for someone else as she is a bit too polarizing. However if it makes the wingnuts apoplectic then its okay with me. Don't worry, you will #1 soon. I know it.

I am talking about "Party Elites". You know...the likes of Flake, Ryan and others.

Oh. Still as long as money = speech in the law, we won't be rid of the elites.

You keep saying this is all authoritarian while also a "grueling" fight for pelosi. Authoritarians don't usually have to fight much at all. Make up your mind.

What does your dating scenario life have to do with anything?

I never said grueling fight, I said the soviets had elections with one candidate and high voter participation.

I compared the left wing to soviets.

I never said grueling fight, I said the soviets had elections with one candidate and high voter participation.

I compared the left wing to soviets.

Yeah...

As Nancy Pelosi faces a grueling fight with her own members to regain the speaker’s gavel in January...

You wanna restate your position one more ****ing time? :lol:

It's like fish in a barrel.

The Republican base got tired of and rebelled against their Elites. The Democratic base hasn't reached that point yet. That's why Pelosi will be the Speaker.

Frankly, I don't hold out much hope of ever seeing the Dem Elites pushed out like so many GOP Elites have been. Too bad.

When were GOP elites pushed out? It's been a lot of the same people still in there, and the one's Trump appoints are all rather elite parts of the swamp. You can't tell me a coal tycoon for the EPA, isn't Elitism, and corruption of that group.

Stupid NY liberal? Me? How could you say such a thing? I am deeply hurt. I looked it up. Texas was #4 when it came to teen pregnancy in 2016. Go Texas! As to Pelosi I would hope for someone else as she is a bit too polarizing. However if it makes the wingnuts apoplectic then its okay with me. Don't worry, you will #1 soon. I know it.

typical of you libs to bring up racist issues.

https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolesc...-pregnancy-and-childbearing/trends/index.html

Strategies & Approaches for Prevention
Engaging Adolescent Males in Prevention
Tips for Parents of Teens
Find Services
Substance Use
has sub items, Substance Use
Positive Youth Development
has sub items, Positive Youth Development
Trends in Teen Pregnancy and Childbearing
Teen Births
In 2016, there were 20.3 births for every 1,000 adolescent females ages 15-19, or 209,809 babies born to females in this age group.1 Births to teens ages 15-19 account for 5.3 percent of all births in 2016. Nearly nine in ten (89 percent) of these births occurred outside of marriage.1 The 2016 teen birth rate (births per 1,000 females ages 15-19 in a given year) is down nine percent from 2015, when the birth rate was 22.3, and down 67 percent from 1991 when it was at a record high of 61.8.1 The teen birth rate has declined more or less continuously over the past quarter century, and is at the lowest level ever recorded. Still, the teen birth rate in the United States remains higher than that in many other developed countries, including Canada and the United Kingdom.2
Not all teen births are first births. In 2016, one in six (17 percent) births to 15- to 19-year-olds were to females who already had one or more births.1 Avoiding repeat teen births is one of the goals of OAH’s Pregnancy Assistance Fund (PAF) grant program to states and tribes. Grantees may use PAF Program funds to help expectant and parenting teens complete high school or earn postsecondary degrees, as well as to gain access to health care, child care, family housing, and other critical supports. The money can also be used to improve services for pregnant women who are victims of domestic violence and to increase public awareness and education efforts surrounding teen pregnancy prevention, among other activities. Through PAF Program grants, OAH also supports work with adolescent males who become young fathers. Find more information about the Pregnancy Assistance Fund.
Variations in Teen Birth Rates Across Populations
Teen birth rates differ substantially by age, racial and ethnic group, and region of the country. Most adolescents who give birth are 18 or older; in 2016, 74 percent of all teen births occurred to 18- to 19-year-olds.1 Birth rates are also higher among Hispanic and black adolescents than among their white counterparts. In 2016, Hispanic adolescent females ages 15-19 had a higher birth rate (31.9 births per 1,000 adolescent females) than black adolescent females (29.3) and white adolescent females (14.3) (see Figure 1).1 To help put these differences in perspective, estimates from 2013 show that eight percent of white adolescent females will give birth by their 20th birthday, as will 16 percent of black adolescent females and 17 percent of Hispanic adolescent females.3
Although Hispanics still have a higher teen birth rate than their black and white peers, the rate has declined substantially in recent years. Since 2007, the teen birth rate among Hispanics has declined by 58 percent, compared with declines of 53 percent for blacks and 47 percent for whites.1
Figure 1: Birth rates per 1,000 females ages 15-19, by race and Hispanic origin of mother, 1990-2016

Source: Martin, J.A., Hamilton, B.E., Osterman, M.J., Driscoll, A.K., & Drake, P. (2018). Births: Final data for 2016. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics.
Table 1: Birth rates per 1,000 females ages 15-19, by race and Hispanic origin of mother, 1990-2016
Year Collected
Total
White
Black
Hispanic

maybe you should read the news, I assumed that people on this forum did, but again the left is uninformed as usual.

Statement from Ilya Sheyman, executive director of MoveOn.org Political Action, on Nancy Pelosi’s candidacy for House Democratic Leader:

“After this election, progressives expect Democrats in Congress to stand up for communities targeted by Donald Trump and to do all they can to resist his dangerous and bigoted agenda, which Americans rejected in the national popular vote. Progressives are also counting on congressional Democrats to express a populist and inclusive vision for the future that speaks to Americans across lines of race, class, and geography—a vision for how we can build a democracy that isn’t run by corporations, and an economy that works for everybody, not just those at the top, and a country where all Americans’ rights are respected and equal opportunity is protected. We believe that Nancy Pelosi is best positioned to lead House Democrats in this direction, and support her candidacy for Democratic Leader.”

Not going to read that. Just answer my question: The House always votes for a Speaker. What is authoritarian in this?

Back
Top Bottom