• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The False and Exaggerated Claims Still Being Spread About the Capitol Riot

1/6 will go down as one of the worst things that happened to america but im so glad they lost and america won. . . . . .democracy won . . the terrorists and their failed coup and insurrection lost

One battle may have been won, but the war against populist authoritarianism continues. Too many Americans still seek the resolution of their discontents through a leader ['Fuhrer' in German, 'Duce' in Italian,] who will thrust aside the cumbersome present federal government process and get on with it.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

One battle may have been won, but the war against populist authoritarianism continues.

LMAO The moron terrorists on 1/6 had nothing to do with "battling against populist authoritarianism", they were delusional dumbasses that bought into conspiracy theories, propaganda and lies so they tried to fight against and overthrow democracy and they lost . . . . one of the morons even got herself killed.

One battle may have been won, but the war against populist authoritarianism continues. Too many Americans still seek the resolution of their discontents through a leader ['Fuhrer' in German, 'Duce' in Italian,] who will thrust aside the cumbersome present federal government process and get on with it.

Ironic that this riot happened on the feast of the Epiphany, as the incident revealed what Trump stood for and more or less summarized his messages over the years: reject electoral results, call on supporters to commit violence, lie about almost everything, take no responsibility, etc. And of course, Trump probably imagined himself as one of the three kings that came from the East (not the black one), and no doubt bringing fool's gold instead of the real thing.

Ironic that this riot happened on the feast of the Epiphany, as the incident revealed what Trump stood for and more or less summarized his messages over the years: reject electoral results, call on supporters to commit violence, lie about almost everything, take no responsibility, etc. And of course, Trump probably imagined himself as one of the three kings that came from the East (not the black one), and no doubt bringing fool's gold instead of the real thing.

Over the past four years or so, I've grown more and more concerned over the percent of my fellow Americans who seem comfortable with populist authoritarianism. [I'm sorry that it takes such a cumbersome couple of words to describe that.] Given a sufficiently charismatic, intelligent and power-driven person, we in the US could lose much that we take for granted.

It's interesting to see left-wing folks who think it's murder when a police officer shoots a man who's trying to steal his gun then since it's perfectly justified when they shoot an unarmed woman wearing a mega hat.

Maybe if they pleaded with that mob some more they would have stopped.

Over the past four years or so, I've grown more and more concerned over the percent of my fellow Americans who seem comfortable with populist authoritarianism. [I'm sorry that it takes such a cumbersome couple of words to describe that.] Given a sufficiently charismatic, intelligent and power-driven person, we in the US could lose much that we take for granted.

I believe millions of Americans felt just like you thats why they voted trump out and voted in record numbers and even the highest percentages in recent times

Stopped what?

Watch the video again. The moment she was shot they were going tear down that barricade, the moment after they were not.

Their plans after that are unknown but the lawmakers were down at the end of that hall two minuets prior.

This one is edited for more clarity.

Last edited:
Watch the video again. The moment she was shot they were going tear down that barricade, the moment after they were not.

Their plans after that are unknown but the lawmakers were down at the end of that hall two minuets prior.

This one is edited for more clarity.

I want to see her breaking in not going over a barricade.

They look at those images, those videos, and say, "it's just a garden-variety riot."

As if the worst attack on US soil since 9/11 was just a "garden-variety" attack. Makes you wonder if those people are rooting for more.
After the last four years, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Well said.

Got the moment she was shot the moment she was breaking in.

:rolleyes:

yeah I'm going to have to agree with this she shouldn't have been trespassing in the Capitol building. We should not make a martyr out of her.

She had no business being there.

I agree the shooting was just. She shouldn't have been there she knew that.

Yeah I did. It was a stupid argument.

Well, it is a cult, right.

What is that like 150 post you made in that there thread ?

Got the video ? 🤪

:rolleyes:

Well, it is a cult, right.

What is that like 150 post you made in that there thread ?

Got the video ? 🤪
Do yourself a favor and put him on ignore, I did it months ago.

I want to see her breaking in not going over a barricade.

A distinction without a difference. They were trying to bypass the barricade and they hoisted her through a broken window to accomplish it.

Then she was shot and the whole business was over. Their progress was stopped right then and there.

A distinction without a difference. They were trying to bypass the barricade and they hoisted her through a broken window to accomplish it.

Then she was shot and the whole business was over. Their progress was stopped right then and there.
What you need to make up your mind did they hoist her through a window or did she cross a barricade? And why is that deserving of the death penalty?

What you need to make up your mind did they hoist her through a window or did she cross a barricade? And why is that deserving of the death penalty?

The window was part of the barricade, they (the mob) were trying to remove it and open it so they could get to their objective.

At some point forcing your way toward lawmakers is going to get you shot, and that was it.

Talking to these people wasn't going to get the job done here.

The False and Exaggerated Claims Still Being Spread About the Capitol Riot

Read the article. The media has constructed another hoax and the left have gone mad over it.

Just watch the crazy that flocks to this thread.
Total hypocrisy of the left. It's ok to burn down cities and vandalize, storm federal buildings, attack the police, take over swaths of territory from the police, defund the police, and yet protesters against an election should all be rounded up and jailed.

The window was part of the barricade, they (the mob) were trying to remove it and open it so they could get to their objective.

At some point forcing your way toward lawmakers is going to get you shot, and that was it.

Talking to these people wasn't going to get the job done here.
You're just all over the place. the window is the barricade who installs windows in barricades. And why did she deserve to be killed?

You know people were rioting a few weeks earlier about a man who was shot by police after he was trying to take their gun.

This woman didn't have a gun is it because she's white and therefore it doesn't matter

Or is it because she's wearing a mega hat and they all deserve to die?

Total hypocrisy of the left. It's ok to burn down cities and vandalize, storm federal buildings, attack the police, take over swaths of territory from the police, defund the police, and yet protesters against an election should all be rounded up and jailed.
Your post is exactly why Trump got his ass kicked.

You're just all over the place. the window is the barricade who installs windows in barricades. And why did she deserve to be killed?

You know people were rioting a few weeks earlier about a man who was shot by police after he was trying to take their gun.

This woman didn't have a gun is it because she's white and therefore it doesn't matter

Or is it because she's wearing a mega hat and they all deserve to die?

What made it a barricade was the chairs piled up against the back of the door, the police standing in front of it and the armed guy guarding it.

Perhaps we should assume she didn't notice this when her friends started beating the doors with whatever they had on hand and they broke the window to try to get around it and hoist her through.

In my opinion this situation had already passed the point where deadly force should have been used.

She died because she was stupidly trying to breach that barrier and the guy with the gun did his job. That's all there is to it.

It doesn't matter who she is the police aren't going to stand by and let an angry mob go string up some congress people.

What made it a barricade was the chairs piled up against the back of the door, the police standing in front of it and the armed guy guarding it.

Perhaps we should assume she didn't notice this when her friends started beating the doors with whatever they had on hand and they broke the window to try to get around it and hoist her through.

In my opinion this situation had already passed the point where deadly force should have been used.

She died because she was stupidly trying to breach that barrier and the guy with the gun did his job. That's all there is to it.
Yeah just say people who wear maga hats deserve to die.

Back
Top Bottom