• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The fall of the US hegemony?

Does the Crown support terrorism? No.
Did Iraq? Yes.

where do pretty much all the islamic fundementalists and terrorists come from: Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Does the Saudi royalty support islamic fundementalists? yes. does pakistan support islamic fundementalists as well as terrorist groups in Kashmir? yes. Does the US support these countries....hell yes.

So logically, we're supporting terrorism and islamic fundmentalism. So then what the hell is this war on terror about.

So logically, we're supporting terrorism and islamic fundmentalism. So then what the hell is this war on terror about.

You're right.
Lets invade the Sauds -- and Iran.

Herophant said:
Well I am new to this forum so I wouldn’t know...

Personably I think it’s an interesting question, how long will American dominance last, and how will history view it?

Btw is there any way of moving this thread to the International Politics board, I think it would be more fitting there.

All hands tied the ship is going down(US hegemony)
the elders heave a sigh they all wear a frown ( congress and senate)
the jester is in the corner he wears a thorny crown ( AMerica)
people in good standing are played like a clown( anyone who opposes WH)
there are no terrorists the only people left thinking that there are terrorists are idiots
bin laden has been bank rolled by the CIA
al queda was formed and trained by the CIA if you need proof ill post it
the only way to keep the US hegemony is to go to war against IRAQ,IRAN,venezeula,Saudi Arabia,russia ,china you can lie and say its about terrorists in reality it is because the America govt. is shaking in their boots because of what the petro ~euro means
they are all leaning towards the euro
AND it will mean 40% off the green backs value if they manage to do it
in other words if your take home pay is 1000 $ a week it will be worth only 600 in purchasing power
something that America will empty all her missle silos over
and all the good little Americans will cheer in god we trust as the missle are let lose
why do you think you are at war in IRAQ
to stop the petro~euro
iraq was already switched to euro prior to the war it has been switched back already
IRAN has plans to open it's own stk mrkt based on the euro in march
America instead of being a good world neighbor has chosen to go to preemptive war
Americans are the terrorists
and more then 5,000 desertions in the armed forces shows that alot of the boys are waking up to the lies and the war crimes they are comiting

America has always been this way nothing new only the Americans wear blinders and dont see past their borders watch jay leno parade out average Americans they dont even know who lincoln is they have been dumbed down
IRAQ does not want your freedom or puppet state
they will all fight to the death to oppose it
the war will never end american bodies in body bags will be more frequent
there is no freedom that America can share it herself is no longer free
only an illusionary freedom exists in America
and the next time they ratchet up the terrror alert martail law will descend on America and the last freedoms you have will be gone
The arrogance that Americans have is no longer warranted
IRAQ will show you once and for all when people fight to be free even America and her mighty war machine will not stop the IRAQ people
All America is doing in IRAQ is killing civilians and having body parts of your soldiers shipped home in body bags
there is no hope in hell to win the IRAQ war
And Bush was forewarned about not going into IRAQ
they are now building bases in iraq
When people use arrogance instead of their brain they are always bound to fail
just as Ho chi men and his band of bushmen shook down the American might so will IRAQ
they are fighting for their freedom and will fight to the death untill they are no more or you are out of IRAQ

Last edited:
Tee Hee, "fighting for their freedom," you're precious. But you're right, rape rooms are a fundimental human right and we have no business denying them to the poor, freedom-loving militants.

Okay this is turning into an Iraq agrument, we have a whole forum for that.

I think Heorphant's original question was:

Personably I think it’s an interesting question, how long will American dominance last, and how will history view it?

I think America's dominance will last until China eventually takes the US over economy and military and when the last of the oil runs out. Every country's dominence rises and falls, America's will happen sometime.

As for history, it will consider the US as an empire in all but name, protecting its interests in the guise of other's interest. Don't get me wrong the US has done some good, it has done some evil too (supporting dictators etc) - just like any other country. The US went through a nasty period early 21st century that the rest of the world did not recognise nor like. That's my take on it, but hey i might be wrong.

GarzaUK said:
Okay this is turning into an Iraq agrument, we have a whole forum for that.

I think Heorphant's original question was:

I think America's dominance will last until China eventually takes the US over economy and military and when the last of the oil runs out. Every country's dominence rises and falls, America's will happen sometime.

As for history, it will consider the US as an empire in all but name, protecting its interests in the guise of other's interest. Don't get me wrong the US has done some good, it has done some evil too (supporting dictators etc) - just like any other country. The US went through a nasty period early 21st century that the rest of the world did not recognise nor like. That's my take on it, but hey i might be wrong.

but this time, the US won't follow the normal cycle of civilizations in that it won't totally lose power. I think, that Asia's rise will be a balancing act. US will loose some power, Asia will gain a lot, in the end we'll be on par.

On of the other costs of the Iraq war you seldom hear about:

Expressed unilateralism, a doctrine of preemptive invasion, an invasion based on false pretenses, unwillingness to consider international consensus. All these doctrines/act would give other states reason to question whether they can trust the United States to act as a good neighbor and international citizen, and justifiably convince them that they need their own nuclear and conventional forces to act as a deterrent. If I was the leader of Iran, you can be damn sure I'd be trying to get nukes as soon as possible before the US decided their intellegence showed that *my* country had WMDs. Same with China.

Ironically, Bush's act tough policies have the effect of encouraging other states to build up their military and hasten the decline of US hegemony.

Back
Top Bottom