• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The FAKE NEWS MEDIA and the FAKE narrative they take on the Migrant Caravan

Does this migrant caravan qualify as asylum seekers?

• No, fake news.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes, real news.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProgressiveCON

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The fake news media, repeatedly calls the migrant caravan attempting to enter the United States as "Asylum Seekers"

They push a narrative that these people are being targeted by gangs, are poor, starving, and seek economic opportunities. And repeatedly, labels them as asylum seekers.

This is not how a refugee defined as a asylum seeker is defined. Here is the actual definition from INA 101(a)(42):

"any person who is outside any country of such person's nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, is outside any country in which such person last habitually resided, and who is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of, that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or
political opinion"

It is for people who are persecuted on race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion. The news media has not brought forth any evidence that there is persecution on the basis of a protected right. All the news media does is taunt their poverty and "gang violence" and then calls them asylum seekers.

There's a reason they can't get asylum, it's because they aren't refugees as defined in our laws. It's not enough to be poor.

I'm sick and tired of FAKE NEWS.

The fake news media, repeatedly calls the migrant caravan attempting to enter the United States as "Asylum Seekers"

They push a narrative that these people are being targeted by gangs, are poor, starving, and seek economic opportunities. And repeatedly, labels them as asylum seekers.

This is not how a refugee defined as a asylum seeker is defined. Here is the actual definition from INA 101(a)(42):

"any person who is outside any country of such person's nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, is outside any country in which such person last habitually resided, and who is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of, that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or
political opinion"

It is for people who are persecuted on race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion. The news media has not brought forth any evidence that there is persecution on the basis of a protected right. All the news media does is taunt their poverty and "gang violence" and then calls them asylum seekers.

There's a reason they can't get asylum, it's because they aren't refugees as defined in our laws. It's not enough to be poor.

The news media "taunts" their poverty and gang violence? :confused:

political opinion"

I'm sure there are a few people in those caravans who could meet the law's definition, but I'm sure the majority do not.

I didn't answer your poll because I really don't care what the media says about those people in the caravans.

I don't think Trump cares what the media says, either. He is dealing with the fact that the caravans are full of people who, for whatever reason, want to get into the US. He is enforcing the law...as is his duty.

Back
Top Bottom