• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The FACTS of COVID are that it is an East Coast problem in Democrat strongholds

Doxie is a binary non thinker. he just accepts whatever the talking heads tell him and they just spew Trump God democrats evil
You OK Quag?

🤭

If you can point out any urban centers which rival the ones on the east coast in terms of population size and density, then you'd have a point. You have presented population density at the state level, which is hardly indicative of the challenges the states you're comparing face as it relates to managing a highly contagious pandemic. If you dive into what population density is in a state like NY, it's basically all centered in a small area downstate, while the rest of the state is sparsely populated. That means the challenges NYC faces are going to be radically different than Syracuse's.
Your posts are filled with conjecture. It is up to YOU to show why with math and science.

Your posts are filled with conjecture. It is up to YOU to show why with math and science.

Much less conjecture than yours, and much better contextualization of data; something I outlined in your use of population density. You are the one contradicting what is outlined in the analyses of others in medical community, so it's on you to show why they're all wrong and you are right. Then, it would also be helpful to explain why your method has not been championed in anywhere.

Much less conjecture than yours, and much better contextualization of data; something I outlined in your use of population density. You are the one contradicting what is outlined in the analyses of others in medical community, so it's on you to show why they're all wrong and you are right. Then, it would also be helpful to explain why your method has not been championed in anywhere.
Burden shifting. YOU claim masks work. Prove it.

Burden shifting. YOU claim masks work. Prove it.

That's already been done in numerous threads, that you keep asking for proof in spite of all the cited information is a "you" problem. Enjoy the read. Also, I never claimed masks alone work, since no one anywhere made that silly claim. Masks were just one of the steps to take in attempting to reduce transmission.

That's already been done in numerous threads, that you keep asking for proof in spite of all the cited information is a "you" problem. Enjoy the read. Also, I never claimed masks alone work, since no one anywhere made that silly claim. Masks were just one of the steps to take in attempting to reduce transmission.
Kinda like a Christian saying I just have to have faith because God works in mysterious ways.

Math and science....not possiblies. Big fail.

Kinda like a Christian saying I just have to have faith because God works in mysterious ways.

Math and science....not possiblies. Big fail.

Nope, plenty of math and science in the link I provided. It's funny you keep mentioning Christians and their belief when just a few posts ago you said you believe you already had COVID 19 instead of just getting a serology test to know for sure.

tenor.gif

Nope, plenty of math and science in the link I provided. It's funny you keep mentioning Christians and their belief when just a few posts ago you said you believe you already had COVID 19 instead of just getting a serology test to know for sure.

tenor.gif
Matters not to me as I admit it is a belief and not a fact....unlike you who continually posts a link and doesn't excerpt out the part that you claim confirms your position.

I did the rabbit hole thing too many times for lazy folk here. No more.

Matters not to me as I admit it is a belief and not a fact....unlike you who continually posts a link and doesn't excerpt out the part that you claim confirms your position.

I did the rabbit hole thing too many times for lazy folk here. No more.

The link was to the entire document for you to read, since just parsing out bits wasn't the intention.

Don't have to, liberal projections mean nothing so how about telling me what your solution is the homeless in NY and the fleeing taxpayers? Liberal answer to raising funds is legalizing marijuana? LOL, amazing how easy and gullible far too many people are. Homeless people take tax dollars given them which causes debt and buys marijuana so the end result is what?
Why must you deflect to homelessness? Cannabis and homelessness are unrelated. What tax dollars do homeless people get? It's illogical and per usual, out of context.

So states like Arizona, Alaska, South Dakota and Montana are now "LIBERAL" states? They all have legal weed. Your knowledge of cannabis is "not informed." Why would you be against creating a multi-billion dollar industry? Did you see where the revenue raised is going? Did you see it will create more than 50K new jobs in NY. What is wrong with that? Isn't it a personal choice to use cannabis? How does it affect you? You're only reason that you're against it is because of your false perception that it's a LIBERAL thing. You have a prejudice against anything or anyone that you classify as liberal. That's discrimination at it's purest level.

I gave you the list of gov't funded social programs which of course you ignored because that doesn't fit your narrative.

I sincerely missed that list? You posted some doc about NY State's debts but I didn't a list of government funded social programs. Would you post it again and I will definitely respond or you can just type out some of the programs. Either way works for me.

Last edited:
You know he'll never prove anything. He never does. He just pulls BS out of thin air and when challenges runs away like a scared bug when the lights go on. He has never proven anything, never provided links, he bullshits about math and science, demands it from us, then we provide it and he runs away. He thinks he's being "smart" but instead he's exposing himself constantly. It's quite humorous to watch people self-deprecate themselves and they have no idea they're doing it.

Why must you deflect to homelessness? Cannabis and homelessness are unrelated. What tax dollars do homeless people get? It's illogical and per usual, out of context.

So states like Arizona, Alaska, South Dakota and Montana are now "LIBERAL" states? They all have legal weed. Your knowledge of cannabis is "not informed." Why would you be against creating a multi-billion dollar industry? Did you see where the revenue raised is going? Did you see it will create more than 50K new jobs in NY. What is wrong with that? Isn't it a personal choice to use cannabis? How does it affect you? You're only reason that you're against it is because of your false perception that it's a LIBERAL thing. You have a prejudice against anything or anyone that you classify as liberal. That's discrimination at it's purest level.

I sincerely missed that list? You posted some doc about NY State's debts but I didn't a list of government funded social programs. Would you post it again and I will definitely respond or you can just type out some of the programs. Either way works for me.
Seems like "weed" is more important than jobs and taking care of the family

As for government social programs Google it, I am not your secretary

You seem to live in a bubble so get out of it and pay attention to the homeless, the destruction of incentive, the entertainment attitude that far too many have at stop supporting programs that pay people not to work

The government isn't a parent so to treating it as such

The link was to the entire document for you to read, since just parsing out bits wasn't the intention.
Been there and done that. Then I excerpted out parts that actually refuted the premise of the poster and then the poster came back and claimed there was ANOTHER section that said such and such. Then, the poster later claims that the link that would take an hour to view and even more time to dissect and refute, "proved" what he was saying.

So, um, thanks but no thanks. Just remember it is the burden of the one making the claim (a mask....or two or three "works", prayer ......or two hundred said with sincerity works) to offer the proof of that claim. To date, you have failed abysmally while claiming that you succeeded. I trust you will appreciate my pointing this out to you just as a matter of courtesy and concern for your future discussions with others who may not be so kind.

Seems like "weed" is more important than jobs and taking care of the family

Your sentence is incoherent. Did you read what I wrote? So odd! I wrote that it will create more than 50,000 jobs in NY. How does that square with what you wrote? What does weed have to do with taking care of your family? It's like reading a MAD LIB where random words are inserted.

As for government social programs Google it, I am not your secretary

You said you gave me "I gave you the list of gov't funded social programs" and I don't recall seeing it? Since you gave it to me you must have the link or is your memory fooling you because a quick search of your posts didn't find anything? You can simply type out some of the programs you're referring to. You can do it, I have faith in you.

You seem to live in a bubble so get out of it and pay attention to the homeless, the destruction of incentive, the entertainment attitude that far too many have at stop supporting programs that pay people not to work

The government isn't a parent so to treating it as such
What specifically is causing the "destruction of incentive" and how many people in America are there like that? I don't know what you're talking about so please enlighten me. Who thinks the US Government is a parent except for those on Social Security, Disability and Public Assistance (and to be fair the average SNAP benefit for a family is $246 and for a single person $125 per month or a $1.39 per meal. Do you think that's the destruction of incentive you write about constantly?

On average, SNAP households received about $246 a month in fiscal year 2020. The average SNAP benefit per person was about $125 per month, which works out to about $1.39 per person per meal.Sep 1, 2020

Heck he doesnt even read his own links why do you think he would read anyone else's?

Heck he doesnt even read his own links why do you think he would read anyone else's?
I’m concerned about you good buddy. Let me know if you need anything at all

Your sentence is incoherent. Did you read what I wrote? So odd! I wrote that it will create more than 50,000 jobs in NY. How does that square with what you wrote? What does weed have to do with taking care of your family? It's like reading a MAD LIB where random words are inserted.

Hardly to anyone whose first language is English. How are 50,000 jobs going to be created by legalizing marijuana and where are the unemployed going to get the money to buy the product. You buy rhetoric and ignore reality. Taking care of family means having a job and NY doesn't have them and isn't creating enough to make a difference. Your unemployment rate is similar to other Democratic Strongholds as your entire life is built around gov't control and gov't responsibilities

You said you gave me "I gave you the list of gov't funded social programs" and I don't recall seeing it? Since you gave it to me you must have the link or is your memory fooling you because a quick search of your posts didn't find anything? You can simply type out some of the programs you're referring to. You can do it, I have faith in you.

I gave you the link and you ignored it just like you do with all the links for official sites I give you. That list is very easy to find but your narrative and loyalty to liberalism won't allow you to do any research. Your so called quick search ignored Google and Gov't funded social programs.

What specifically is causing the "destruction of incentive" and how many people in America are there like that? I don't know what you're talking about so please enlighten me. Who thinks the US Government is a parent except for those on Social Security, Disability and Public Assistance (and to be fair the average SNAP benefit for a family is $246 and for a single person $125 per month or a $1.39 per meal. Do you think that's the destruction of incentive you write about constantly?

The destructive of incentive is when the gov't gives out money which in many cases is more than what people earn in working, where is the incentive to find a job if you are being given living expenses? SS and Medicare are self funded or didn't you know that. I contributed for 35 years as did my employer, that is what I am collecting, it isn't a social program it is a paid for entitlement that I am collecting from.

For someone who is apparently over 65 you really are naive, gullible and very poorly educated on civics, economics, and finance. You live in a bubble totally clueless about gov't programs even in your own city and state. You really are only pissed off because Trump removed the high state and local tax deductions from your federal returns.

You know he'll never prove anything. He never does. He just pulls BS out of thin air and when challenges runs away like a scared bug when the lights go on. He has never proven anything, never provided links, he bullshits about math and science, demands it from us, then we provide it and he runs away. He thinks he's being "smart" but instead he's exposing himself constantly. It's quite humorous to watch people self-deprecate themselves and they have no idea they're doing it.

Yep, it's a whole lot of this:

tenor.gif

and pretty consistently too.

Been there and done that. Then I excerpted out parts that actually refuted the premise of the poster and then the poster came back and claimed there was ANOTHER section that said such and such. Then, the poster later claims that the link that would take an hour to view and even more time to dissect and refute, "proved" what he was saying.

So, um, thanks but no thanks. Just remember it is the burden of the one making the claim (a mask....or two or three "works", prayer ......or two hundred said with sincerity works) to offer the proof of that claim. To date, you have failed abysmally while claiming that you succeeded. I trust you will appreciate my pointing this out to you just as a matter of courtesy and concern for your future discussions with others who may not be so kind.

Your concession is noted. Again, the link was provided for the entire body of work which goes into detail and provides all of the "math and science". Now the obvious thing to do is read it and make a counter point, but since you can't be bothered and have offered up nothing more than conjecture to support your claim, the failure has been all yours from the very beginning and "to date".

I have not claimed I've succeeded; what I (and others) have done is challenged the obvious flaws in your original premise and the bad ones you formed in the endless deflections which followed. You continue to repeat the incorrect statement that masks alone are the only measure in the prevention measures cited not only by the CDC, but other medical professionals. You have proven to be quite successful at failing to respond with one salient counterpoint. Well done!

Last edited:

Often the counter point to his poor arguments are found in the very data he cites, which is why reading the entirety of a cited article helps prevent getting owned by it.

Hardly to anyone whose first language is English. How are 50,000 jobs going to be created by legalizing marijuana and where are the unemployed going to get the money to buy the product. You buy rhetoric and ignore reality. Taking care of family means having a job and NY doesn't have them and isn't creating enough to make a difference. Your unemployment rate is similar to other Democratic Strongholds as your entire life is built around gov't control and gov't responsibilities
You can't figure out how the cannabis industry will create jobs? Really? There will be hundreds of dispensaries that employ people...if there are 500 of them and each one employs 20 people = 10,000. Then there are all the people who will farm and grow cannabis, the suppliers of other materials, i.e. for edibles, tincture, packaging, security, government jobs to regulate the industry etc. etc.

the marijuana industry already has more than 120,000 workers and is poised to add 500,000 more over the next decade, USA TODAY Network reported.

Your "point" about how homeless and unemployed people will afford to buy it is ridiculous and a straw man BS argument. It's obvious you have no idea about anything related to cannabis. Do you think people will buy weed instead of buying food and paying for housing? You probably do - LOL!

I gave you the link and you ignored it just like you do with all the links for official sites I give you. That list is very easy to find but your narrative and loyalty to liberalism won't allow you to do any research. Your so called quick search ignored Google and Gov't funded social programs.

I searched your posts (ever try it?) and there isn't a link. You either have memory problems or you're not telling the truth. If it's as simple as a link why don't you just share it again from your post that contained it? Regardless, why not name 5 social programs? You're being dishonest because you can't back up what you wrote, per usual.

The destructive of incentive is when the gov't gives out money which in many cases is more than what people earn in working, where is the incentive to find a job if you are being given living expenses?

Oh really? What percentage of the population fall into that category? You're again making accusations out of CONTEXT. How anyone can believe that people don't want jobs and prefer to live on unemployment is naive if I'm being kind. Unemployment isn't forever and in the new stimulus bill the expanded unemployment runs out in September. I showed you (you probably didn't read it) or forgot that the average SNAP recipient gets $1.39 per meal per person. That, to you, is incentive to not have a job? LOL!

You really are only pissed off because Trump removed the high state and local tax deductions from your federal returns.
No, I am not that's ridiculous. You would feel that way because ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS MONEY. I have no issue paying whatever taxes I owe. It's my civic duty and it is what it is. You're clueless to what I think and believe so stop writing untruths about what pisses me off.

You can't figure out how the cannabis industry will create jobs? Really? There will be hundreds of dispensaries that employ people...if there are 500 of them and each one employs 20 people = 10,000. Then there are all the people who will farm and grow cannabis, the suppliers of other materials, i.e. for edibles, tincture, packaging, security, government jobs to regulate the industry etc. etc.

Your "point" about how homeless and unemployed people will afford to buy it is ridiculous and a straw man BS argument. It's obvious you have no idea about anything related to cannabis. Do you think people will buy weed instead of buying food and paying for housing? You probably do - LOL!

I'm curious to see how the cannabis agriculture will grow in the state, because that's a trickier proposition given the climate here. Some of the states out west have much more favorable climates for this than we do here in the northeast. That's not to say it can't be done, but requires much more in the way of specialized equipment to do so (greenhouses, hydroponics, lighting etc.) and that limits who can get into the industry versus other places where there is less overhead.

There's no doubt in my mind that on the retail side, this will definitely allow for a lot of small businesses to start up, and with that the jobs that will required to operate them. I suspect this will be the largest area of growth; be it dispensaries or hookah style bars etc. It's pretty safe to say the customer base will extend well beyond the homeless and unemployed; the latter was a rather odd association to the growth of a new industry.

little 2yos are gonna grow up and study this era and vtext to each other on the zPhones and say stuff like...

"Cruh, can you believe that there were dumb asses who thought that Pandemic cared about location?? That's just molecule-dead cra cra."

Back
Top Bottom