• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The FACTS of COVID are that it is an East Coast problem in Democrat strongholds

Mr. Context? Are you incapable of figuring out on your own that the populations in cities is far more dense than rural areas? Is that beyond your ability to comprehend? Apparently it is or you wouldn't post such nonsense. Why do you think NYC most deaths? If 80% of the population live in cities shouldn't 80% of the deaths be in cities? Your entire premise is slanted, out of context and not understanding density of population is dense. It's also why at first cities were harder hit. It took a long time for the small towns to get Covid and they did because they listened to morons who told them to not wear masks and it's "only a bad flu."

BTW - 82,000 people have died in FL & TX but more importantly which you don't care about is that it doesn't matter where people are who died. If the entire population of the US would wear masks in public for the next 6 weeks and allow millions more to get vaccinated we'd be in great shape. Are you unwilling to wait 6 more weeks so that we can then safely open up and resume life? Are you too damn selfish? Pathetic.

Are you incapable of understanding that cities are under direct control of Democrats and easier to control and easier to lock down? why aren't the lockdowns working? You trying to convince me that you care about the deaths in TX? No you want political benefit from those deaths ignoring that your state, the fourth largest in the nation continues to have deaths and ranks second in the country.

And still TX the second largest state in the nation has 10,000 less than California and still over a thousand less than your state the fourth largest. Why is it you cannot accept the reality that your state is a fiscal and social disaster. It is truly amazing how scare tactics have indoctrinated you so well, Covid19 diagnosis isn't a death sentence and people quite frankly are sick and tired of liberal scare tactics.
Tell that to the 550K who have died so far. Until you die from Covid you'll never care about anyone else dying from it. That's who you are. I hope you'll wake up and do the right thing for the next 6 weeks so we can get everyone vaccinated before they get sick and die. You're one cold human being.

Tell that to the 550K who have died so far. Until you die from Covid you'll never care about anyone else dying from it. That's who you are. I hope you'll wake up and do the right thing for the next 6 weeks so we can get everyone vaccinated before they get sick and die. You're one cold human being.

Hard to tell anything to people have died but the reality is you really don't care and cannot explain how the lockdowns haven't generated the results claimed or did they? Total dependence on taxpayers seems to be what the left is creating. Your coviditis fear is created an individual who ignores reality.

Are you incapable of understanding that cities are under direct control of Democrats and easier to control and easier to lock down? why aren't the lockdowns working? You trying to convince me that you care about the deaths in TX? No you want political benefit from those deaths ignoring that your state, the fourth largest in the nation continues to have deaths and ranks second in the country.
Did you ever go to science classes or economics classes? If you did then your memory is failing again because you would know that diseases spread from one person to the next and if you're in a city with a dense population you're more likely to get infected. Did you miss that day in school? You also know squat about how different cities economies work and instead you do what people who are grossly uninformed do which is to make generalizations that have nothing to do with reality. Good going!

Total dependence on taxpayers seems to be what the left is creating. Your coviditis fear is created an individual who ignores reality.
I'm again calling you out on your BS "total dependence" that you post 100 times a day. I asked you yesterday to share what social programs people are totally dependent on beyond the 19% who receive public assistance. You dodged because you can't answer it. Be specific. What programs are you referring to? C'mon man, for once try to defend your posts with facts instead of posting from ultra right wing blogs...and if you don't we'll know that you're just making it up again as is your style.

Only in your mind. I guess you're not getting the vaccine, right since it's only a bad flu and you've never caught the flu. Is that right?
Why would I want to get the vaccine? I NEVER got a flu shot. Please explain.

They should be number one if “masks work”.
Yes, you're right Mr. Science! That's why your "arguments" are so incompetently wrong. You seem to only be able to focus on masks and nothing else AND your posts display an incredible lack of scientific knowledge at a scale that is unmatched in this Forum.

Did you get the vaccine? Based on what you write you shouldn't. You don't need it, right?

Texas had the most deaths yesterday and Florida was 3rd (CA 2nd). Florida had the 2nd most new cases yesterday and Texas 5th most.
NOW you use deaths. Yesterday, you used infections,

Yes, you're right Mr. Science! That's why your "arguments" are so incompetently wrong. You seem to only be able to focus on masks and nothing else AND your posts display an incredible lack of scientific knowledge at a scale that is unmatched in this Forum.

Did you get the vaccine? Based on what you write you shouldn't. You don't need it, right?
I believe I already had COVOD, so why would I? My math and science is PERFECT. The states without maks and shutdowns are doing as well, if not better than those that do. This is true even when you factor in population density. Thus, masks are just giant placebos that people wear to feel they are saving humanity It gives them a cause in their otherwise meaningless and dreary lives.

Only in your mind. I guess you're not getting the vaccine, right since it's only a bad flu and you've never caught the flu. Is that right?
Doxie is a binary non thinker. he just accepts whatever the talking heads tell him and they just spew Trump God democrats evil

I believe I already had COVOD, so why would I? My math and science is PERFECT. The states without maks and shutdowns are doing as well, if not better than those that do. This is true even when you factor in population density. Thus, masks are just giant placebos that people wear to feel they are saving humanity It gives them a cause in their otherwise meaningless and dreary lives.

🤭

If you can point out any urban centers which rival the ones on the east coast in terms of population size and density, then you'd have a point. You have presented population density at the state level, which is hardly indicative of the challenges the states you're comparing face as it relates to managing a highly contagious pandemic. If you dive into what population density is in a state like NY, it's basically all centered in a small area downstate, while the rest of the state is sparsely populated. That means the challenges NYC faces are going to be radically different than Syracuse's.

If you're so against people who believe, why don't you apply the scientific method and find out whether you actually do?

Did you ever go to science classes or economics classes? If you did then your memory is failing again because you would know that diseases spread from one person to the next and if you're in a city with a dense population you're more likely to get infected. Did you miss that day in school? You also know squat about how different cities economies work and instead you do what people who are grossly uninformed do which is to make generalizations that have nothing to do with reality. Good going!

And obviously you missed the class on logic, common sense, and personal responsibility. You do what you are supposed to do and it doesn't matter what someone does. You also only control what is your personal responsibility issues therefore stop trying to change others. Cities with dense populations are also the cities with the most stringent lockdowns, how did that work out?

So people are grossly uniformed? How can that be with the liberal media in charge? Stop placing blame and start accepting responsibility

And obviously you missed the class on logic, common sense, and personal responsibility.

HAHA! I knew you'd deflect as always. Ignore science, ignore the individual economies of different places and you use your "common sense." I think you might have failed that class? It's amazing that you profess "logic" and leave out the logic of the differences between cities, between cities and rural areas and you lump it all together. That's ILLOGICAL. Lockdowns ended in NYC last summer but not for tourist things like Broadway, sports etc. Just recently pro sports started having limited crowds - only in the last 30 days. Have you ever been to NYC? When? If you had you would know how crowded it is here and how we rely on public transportation and what that can do to expose people. You really don't know what you're talking about. You're just not smart enough to grasp the complexities of the pandemic and how it affects different areas in different ways. For example LA, the 2nd biggest city is spread out and people drive...very different. Your flawed "logic" can't compute details so naturally you get it wrong...it's only logical :ROFLMAO:

HAHA! I knew you'd deflect as always. Ignore science, ignore the individual economies of different places and you use your "common sense." I think you might have failed that class? It's amazing that you profess "logic" and leave out the logic of the differences between cities, between cities and rural areas and you lump it all together. That's ILLOGICAL. Lockdowns ended in NYC last summer but not for tourist things like Broadway, sports etc. Just recently pro sports started having limited crowds - only in the last 30 days. Have you ever been to NYC? When? If you had you would know how crowded it is here and how we rely on public transportation and what that can do to expose people. You really don't know what you're talking about. You're just not smart enough to grasp the complexities of the pandemic and how it affects different areas in different ways. For example LA, the 2nd biggest city is spread out and people drive...very different. Your flawed "logic" can't compute details so naturally you get it wrong...it's only logical :ROFLMAO:

Le sense commun n'est pas si commun.
;)

As for logic, I think most familiar with the concept and its use, understand the premise which that logic uses for its argument factors into the validity of the conclusion.
:)

No what you are missing is the fact that the gov't isn't your parent and doesn't control decisions you make, their feel good rhetoric and claims that they truly care really are nothing more than words and those words lead to dependence. You keep buying the rhetoric and keep ignoring the results. Your state infection rate continues to rise and your death to infection is among the highest in the nation. Your party controls your state and your city and has for decades so stop placing blame and accept the responsibility that people make bad decisions and no matter how much control the gov't has over your city that doesn't stop people from making bad decisions

No what you are missing is the fact that the gov't isn't your parent and doesn't control decisions you make, their feel good rhetoric and claims that they truly care really are nothing more than words and those words lead to dependence. You keep buying the rhetoric and keep ignoring the results. Your state infection rate continues to rise and your death to infection is among the highest in the nation. Your party controls your state and your city and has for decades so stop placing blame and accept the responsibility that people make bad decisions and no matter how much control the gov't has over your city that doesn't stop people from making bad decisions
Nice cut and paste again. Don't you have any rebuttal to the different economies and things like density and public transportation? Instead you cut and paste the same old same old that you use for almost anything when you're painted into a corner and can't actual debate.

BTW - NY found a great new source of revenue today! We've legalized recreational cannabis that's going to raise billions of tax dollars over the next 10 years and beyond...which will be another reason for people to visit NY when the doors open late next year. In Texas you'll go to jail and in NY you'll go out for dinner...

Nice cut and paste again. Don't you have any rebuttal to the different economies and things like density and public transportation? Instead you cut and paste the same old same old that you use for almost anything when you're painted into a corner and can't actual debate.

BTW - NY found a great new source of revenue today! We've legalized recreational cannabis that's going to raise billions of tax dollars over the next 10 years and beyond...which will be another reason for people to visit NY when the doors open late next year. In Texas you'll go to jail and in NY you'll go out for dinner...

You keep making excuses for failures including always blaming someone else for personal failures. Is that the way you operated in real life? You don't get it, economics drives most people as cost of living has a direct impact. NY isn't that unique vs other states, there isn't a bigger state for tourism than Florida and you refuse to even compare the results and I don't blame you

As for legalizing cannabis, awesome, now the homeless in NYC can use taxpayer money to fund their habit. Billions of dollars over the next ten years?? Sounds like a pipe dream and liberalism to me as it is a drop in the bucket for your state debt

You keep making excuses for failures including always blaming someone else for personal failures. Is that the way you operated in real life? You don't get it, economics drives most people as cost of living has a direct impact. NY isn't that unique vs other states, there isn't a bigger state for tourism than Florida and you refuse to even compare the results and I don't blame you

Context is something you do not understand as you've proven almost always regardless of the subject we're debating. Here's a definition to help...it's short so you should be able to stay focused and let it set in:

To understand this issue, it must first be situated in its context.

Your use of Florida is OUT OF CONTEXT, again. Why do you keep talking about personal failures? It's so odd. You use it out of CONTEXT. What personal failures have I had and who have I blamed? Your cut and paste basic BS is always the same idiotic talking points no matter the subject. Can't you come up with some specific facts with links instead of "personal failures" "welfare whores" "BLS" etc.? Florida tourism is amazing - they have mostly outdoor activities year round...NYC? Much more indoors (see the Covid affect?), and seasonal. CONTEXT.

As for legalizing cannabis, awesome, now the homeless in NYC can use taxpayer money to fund their habit. Billions of dollars over the next ten years?? Sounds like a pipe dream and liberalism to me as it is a drop in the bucket for your state debt
A very informed response 🤣

Habit? Do you think Cannabis is addicting the way opioids are? The estimate is that Cannabis will raise $350M per year for 10 years that's $3.5B. It's going to add more than 50K jobs.

The state marijuana industry has been valued at $4.6 billion and could grow to $5.8 billion over the next five years, according to a recent study commissioned by the New York Medical Cannabis Industry Association. The legislation would set aside millions in tax revenue each year for minority communities in New York, funding education and drug prevention programs in areas hit the hardest by marijuana laws. Cuomo has estimated marijuana legalization would raise roughly $350 million for the state and local governments through a 13% tax on marijuana sales and a variable tax based on the content of the psychoactive ingredient THC. The legislation also called for half of business licenses to go to so-called equity applicants, which would include minorities, women and disabled veterans.

The "tax" is a "sin tax" similar to alcohol but people who use cannabis don't get into bar fights, don't destroy their livers etc.

Texas? You go to jail...no revenue, no jobs, people's lives ruined for being caught with weed...in NY all minor cannabis arrests are going to be expunged from someone's record allowing them to get better jobs.

Context is something you do not understand as you've proven almost always regardless of the subject we're debating. Here's a definition to help...it's short so you should be able to stay focused and let it set in:

Your use of Florida is OUT OF CONTEXT, again. Why do you keep talking about personal failures? It's so odd. You use it out of CONTEXT. What personal failures have I had and who have I blamed? Your cut and paste basic BS is always the same idiotic talking points no matter the subject. Can't you come up with some specific facts with links instead of "personal failures" "welfare whores" "BLS" etc.? Florida tourism is amazing - they have mostly outdoor activities year round...NYC? Much more indoors (see the Covid affect?), and seasonal. CONTEXT.

A very informed response 🤣

Habit? Do you think Cannabis is addicting the way opioids are? The estimate is that Cannabis will raise $350M per year for 10 years that's $3.5B. It's going to add more than 50K jobs.

The "tax" is a "sin tax" similar to alcohol but people who use cannabis don't get into bar fights, don't destroy their livers etc.

Texas? You go to jail...no revenue, no jobs, people's lives ruined for being caught with weed...in NY all minor cannabis arrests are going to be expunged from someone's record allowing them to get better jobs.

Where do the people who aren't working and living on the streets get their money to buy cannabis? Out of context? you are making excuses for the high death toll in NY and the loss of tourists for your economic performance, there is nothing in context there as your state is no different than others except for leadership and the nanny state. So rather than allow people to make their own decisions your state does what all liberal states do micromanage individual personality issues. You think legalizing marijuana is the answer to all your problems? Billions over 10 years, how much per year and what is your state debt?

Debt Service | Agency Appropriations | FY 2021 Executive Budget | NYS DOB

-related debt – which includes debt issued by the State, by public authorities on behalf of the State, and other debt obligations for which the State is contractually or morally responsible – is projected to grow from $57.0 billion in FY 2020 to $60.4 billion by the end of FY 2021.

I asked you how dependent you are on liberalism and you refuse to answer the question which normally means too much to admit. I doubt that to be the case as I just suspect you are fine and continue to buy rhetoric ignoring the dependence liberalism creates as it continues to destroy incentive.

Where do the people who aren't working and living on the streets get their money to buy cannabis? Out of context? you are making excuses for the high death toll in NY and the loss of tourists for your economic performance, there is nothing in context there as your state is no different than others except for leadership and the nanny state. So rather than allow people to make their own decisions your state does what all liberal states do micromanage individual personality issues. You think legalizing marijuana is the answer to all your problems?

Billions over 10 years, how much per year and what is your state debt?

Once again, you're totally out of CONTEXT. Big surprise! Where did I or anyone say it will "answer to all of your problems"? It's a new revenue source. You always talk about Civics and you ask a question like this? It's a way to raise funds. DUH! Why do you ask questions that were answered in the post that you reply to? Did you not bother to read the post or did your memory fail you? $350M per year on a $4.6B annual business. Get out your calculator and multiply $350M x 10 and let me know what the answer is.

I asked you how dependent you are on liberalism and you refuse to answer the question which normally means too much to admit. I doubt that to be the case as I just suspect you are fine and continue to buy rhetoric ignoring the dependence liberalism creates as it continues to destroy incentive.

I'm concerned about your memory. I answered that question a few posts ago. Either you're not reading and just writing stuff OUT OF CONTEXT or you're experiencing significant memory lapses. Scary.

One more time...: I am NOT DEPENDENT AT ALL! Got it? What you have ignored is my question. What programs are people supposedly dependent on other than the 19% who receive public assistance? I've asked 4 times in the last 24 hours and you've always deflected with a cut and paste special. Why do you repeatedly ask questions that have been answered? Try reading what people write before you cut and paste it will save you the embarrassment of people wondering what's with you and the repetitive questions. How many times does someone have to answer you before you read it?

Once again, you're totally out of CONTEXT. Big surprise! Where did I or anyone say it will "answer to all of your problems"? It's a new revenue source. You always talk about Civics and you ask a question like this? It's a way to raise funds. DUH! Why do you ask questions that were answered in the post that you reply to? Did you not bother to read the post or did your memory fail you? $350M per year on a $4.6B annual business. Get out your calculator and multiply $350M x 10 and let me know what the answer is.

Don't have to, liberal projections mean nothing so how about telling me what your solution is the homeless in NY and the fleeing taxpayers? Liberal answer to raising funds is legalizing marijuana? LOL, amazing how easy and gullible far too many people are. Homeless people take tax dollars given them which causes debt and buys marijuana so the end result is what?

One more time...see if you can keep up: I am NOT DEPENDENT AT ALL! Got it? What you have ignored is my question. What programs are people supposedly dependent on other than the 19% who receive public assistance? I've asked 4 times in the last 24 hours and you've always deflected with a cut and paste special. Why do you repeatedly ask questions that have been answered? Try reading what people write before you cut and paste it will save you the embarrassment of people wondering what's with you and the repetitive questions. How many times does someone have to answer you before you read it?

See there in lies the problem, YOU AREN'T dependent but millions are, millions owe their entire existence to liberalism and funding coming from the taxpayers. The homeless epidemic exists in liberal bastions like California and along the East Coast and you have no answer for them other than more liberal spending. I gave you the list of gov't funded social programs which of course you ignored because that doesn't fit your narrative. You don't answer direct questions, you ignore and divert which is what liberals like you always do. what is it about liberalism that creates your loyalty when the results sure don't do it?

Back
Top Bottom