• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The facts about My Claims

AlexaLady

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It may be a westernized institution,but the United States Armed forces are an istituion for all Americans,not just white.
Or are you going to state that non-whites can't be real Americans?
Are you stating that only white people should be in the navy,and only white people are allowed to rise through the ranks?

I have claimed neither of those.

It may be a westernized institution,but the United States Armed forces are an istituion for all Americans,not just white.
Are you stating that only white people should be in the navy,and only white people are allowed to rise through the ranks?

From your other thread (since closed):

The Navy was both originally invented, and built by white people.
In both the first country to have a navy and in the USA.
:)

You really, truly do not know your history.

The largest, most powerful navy in history until the Royal Navy under Queen Victoria was the Chinese Navy of the early 1400's under the Yongle emperor and his admiral Zheng He. Their treasure fleets included the largest wooden ships ever built (ever - including today), their fleets as a whole were larger and perhaps more powerful than any other fleet that put to sea before the 1800's, and they ranged as far as the Middle East and Africa...and there are some indications that some Chinese may have landed in North America as well. The emperor that succeeded the Yongle emperor decided that China would no longer be expansionist, and the nation as a whole turned inward. If he had not made this decision, we would all likely be speaking Mandarin.

As far as the "first" navy ever built, there's no way that such could ever be determined. But chances are that it would have been built by either the Egyptians, the Indians, the Chinese, or (most likely) the Sumerians...but almost certainly NOT the Europeans.

Like I said, a career in the Navy helped me to unlearn my racism. You are probably too old to join, but it would do you a world of good to go live in a third-world country - not as a tourist, but as a local, learning the language, getting to know the people and the culture.

Here's another story for you to think about, since you supposedly have eight kids. I first saw my wife's grandmother in a moderately-poor section of Manila at the turn of the century. She mostly just lay there in a cot, it's hot, muggy, there are some mosquitoes, and if she was lucky she had a fan to keep her cool.

Compare that to how elderly people usually are here - they go to retirement homes, assisted living homes, and live in clean, safe apartments. Sounds infinitely better, right? But how often do their kids or grandkids visit?

Whereas my wife's grandmother got to spend every single day with her kids, her grandkids, her great-grandkids. Who, really, is richer? Who, really, is living better in their golden years?

But I suppose you'll just use that story to spew more hate and bile.

This is a weird thread, dude.

It was so delightful having you stop by. I know you'll be sorely missed. Tata. Oh! And the answer is potato.

Goodbye forever AlexaLady! Hope you had a good time! :2wave:

Gonna miss her. /cry

A gift from the mods. Banishment.

I guess her card expired....

white_privilege_card.jpg

Back
Top Bottom