• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Evolution of MLK's Magnificent Dream

Empirica

~Transcend~
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
"I have a dream; that someday my little children will be judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their heart"~ MLK

King's dream that his children be judged by the content of their heart, never quite materialized_

Instead, all black people are now judged by the standards and taboos of Political Correctness_

Any and all negative judgments of the black race will result in an accusation of racism and hate_

Even criminal guilt must be attributed to poverty and racism to be deemed Politically Correct_

I wonder if Martin Luther King would approve or disapprove of the evolution of his magnificent dream?

Poor white conservatives. How do you survive in this hostile land of ours.

"I have a dream; that someday my little children will be judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their heart"~ MLK

King's dream that his children be judged by the content of their heart, never quite materialized_

Instead, all black people are now judged by the standards and taboos of Political Correctness_

Any and all negative judgments of the black race will result in an accusation of racism and hate_

Even criminal guilt must be attributed to poverty and racism to be deemed Politically Correct_

I wonder if Martin Luther King would approve or disapprove of the evolution of his magnificent dream?
Not to mention that the DNC treats most black Americans like adorable morons.

Well, duh. I think any "negative judgments" based on race do generally indicate racial prejudice.

Not to mention that the DNC treats most black Americans like adorable morons.

Yeah, I love the conservative outreach to minorities: "you're stupid to vote for progressives."

Maybe blacks are simply smarter than conservatives think and realize what racists they are.

The knowledge that, no matter what happens, at least we're not you. :lol:

I'm glad I'm central to your self-esteem. But you might want to broaden your world view.

Yeah, I love the conservative outreach to minorities: "you're stupid to vote for progressives."
That's just some wacked out notion you pulled out of your a**. The truth is, our outreach is to everyone: "Turn your pointed finger back on yourself and start taking ownership for your actions".

Maybe blacks are simply smarter than conservatives think and realize what racists they are.
Take out the word "conservatives" and insert "liberals" and you've got yourself a Pulitzer.

Seems to me it is indeed hostile now isn't it? Kings' dream is just that, a dream. The world is full dreamers. His like so many others, is yet to be realized if it ever will be. More people of color are killing each other than being killed by whites so maybe that was what he meant all along. Now who is carrying his torch? Anybody?

Liberals of all colors carry more diseases than white conservatives and slaughter each other for a lack of something to do and are hopelessly hooked on drugs. Now we don't look so bad do we?

That's just some wacked out notion you pulled out of your a**. The truth is, our outreach is to everyone: "Turn your pointed finger back on yourself and start taking ownership for your actions".

Take out the word "conservatives" and insert "liberals" and you've got yourself a Pulitzer.

You need to try a lot harder than this to pretend away the racism of conservatism.

Liberals of all colors carry more diseases than white conservatives and slaughter each other for a lack of something to do and are hopelessly hooked on drugs. Now we don't look so bad do we?

I think this summarizes conservative "logic" on this issue.

You need to try a lot harder than this to pretend away the racism of conservatism.
There's nothing to pretend. The only evidence you have is your pointed finger.

Well, duh. I think any "negative judgments" based on race do generally indicate racial prejudice.
It might have been less confusing had I said "negative judgments of members of the black race"_

Although there are some racial judgments which aren't in the least bit "prejudice"_

Providing of course those judgments are rooted in empirical facts and statistics_

Back
Top Bottom