• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The European Job Mobility Portal and other things

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://ec.europa.eu/eures/home.jsp?lang=en

But that's not all.
European Commission

If you go to the website of the european comission and you squabble about here and there and look carefully enough you can spot a ton of very interesting things. Not just boring stuff that nobody really cares about because we all pretend to know them (like laws and stuff) but also things like these:
Energy: Tyre labelling - European Commission

How to save fuel by using the right tires when going with your car. And future plans for making more fuel-efficient cars more accessible (we all know about the VW 1L car but thats' 140k euros, not for your average joe). because we all know fuel is **** all expensive in Europe.
Also

Debate on the future of Europe - European Commission

Apparently there is this whole outreach program going on because the EU leaders finally figured out that they're ignorant on what the people actually want. I posted a link some time ago in another thraed about myvote something... where you can see which EU parliamentaries do you have most in common with. What issues they voted on for what measures and even see how active they've been.... or if they've been slacking off their job.

You also have stuff like this:
Europe 2020 – Europe's growth strategy - European Commission

Where you can see waht the agenda is for 2020 and how each country is performing. Now if oyu come from a country where you trust your state institutions to work for you, you may want to put this on the backseat but if you come from a country like me, an outside opinion of other institutions is worth a lot more.

Debate on the future of Europe - European Commission

debate future europe. Again.

So it seems that over the past months, especially over the past months, things have been move in the right direction from the way that the EU decides to interract with the population.

European Commission - YouTube

Their youtube channel finally starts putting interesting content for a chance. 2 years ago it was a drollfest. I mean it was just awful. The one thing it's still awful about it is that comments are regulated. Post a comment and you'll see: comment pending approval.

So this is good. The fact that the EU starts to ask for more feedback from the population is a good thing. If they start doing a better job of communicating that would be great and offer more transparency on the process of how they receive the feedback and start seeing modifications according to it. Saying that they want to hear the voice of the people of the EU is one thing, actually working on it is another.

One thing I have to say. I'll be glad when Barrosso and when Martin Shultz get replaced. barrosso very rarely takes responsability. very rarely... he isn't someone I would support. He passes the blame onto others. And shultz is an idiot.

EDIT: Also this:
http://www.yourideasforeurope.eu/en

Last edited:
Also, this.

barrosso has failed to accomplish transparency in terms of lobbying. I would love to see the next chairman to start implementing this.

Interesting stuff that they want to hear and work with the multi voices of Europe. But it is only about EU.

Back
Top Bottom