• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The European Green Deal is a Bad Deal

Steve Case

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Apparently the European Union has its own version of the Green New Deal:

A European Green Deal
Striving to be the first
climate-neutral continent

Not everyone likes it, here's a critique:

By Marcus Holtkoetter: Altenberge, Germany

The European Commission has a plan to eliminate modern farming in Europe.

The details emerged last month, as part of a “European Green Deal” announced
late last year that calls for the continent to become “climate neutral” by 2050.

The commission speaks of “turning climate and environmental challenges into
opportunities.” It also talks about “making the transition just and inclusive
for all.”

It should have added three words: “except for farmers.”

That’s because the EU Commission just released its “Farm to Fork” strategy,
which is the agricultural portion of the European Green Deal. It announces a
series of unrealistic goals: In the next decade, farmers like me are supposed
to slash our use of crop-protection products by half, cut our application of
fertilizer by 20 percent, and transform a quarter of total farmland into
organic production.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least theirs actually deal with environmental concerns unlike AOC's. I have read here and there that some of the EU's farmland has been overly salted by way too much commercial fertilizer use and of course nitrogen in water from runoff is a persistent problem everywhere. Going organic is not the end of civilization as we know it. These farmers will adjust.

At least theirs actually deal with environmental concerns unlike AOC's. I have read here and there that some of the EU's farmland has been overly salted by way too much commercial fertilizer use and of course nitrogen in water from runoff is a persistent problem everywhere. Going organic is not the end of civilization as we know it. These farmers will adjust.

That's the key. The best thing that opponents of green energy can do is adapt. Their rigid habits help nobody but the pocketbooks of Big Coal and Big Oil.

Organic = bugs in your food and more expensive.

I'll take GMO anytime over it, unless someone else is buying.

Organic = bugs in your food and more expensive.

I'll take GMO anytime over it, unless someone else is buying.

Organic is a scam designed so that produce with blemishes
can be sold at a higher price than Grade "A"

Farmers Fear the European Green Deal

This article from AGWEB blasts the European Commission and their European Green Deal. To put it bluntly: The European Commission has a plan to eliminate modern farming in Europe. The details emerged last month, as part of a “European Green Deal” announced late last year that calls for the continent to become “climate neutral” by…

It’s All Over For The Green Blob’s Climate Billions Office

From The GWPF Date: 17/06/20 Ross Clark, Daily Mail Boris Johnson’s historic decision to abolish the standalone Department for International Development (Dfid) and roll its functions into the Foreign Office is long overdue. Ever since David Cameron expanded Britain’s aid budget to 0.7 per cent of GDP, scandal after scandal has emerged about millions of pounds of hard-pressed…
Continue reading →

Back
Top Bottom